Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sacred Sites Related to Goddess Bridget?

• 24-01-2010 6:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi All,

I know this is a silly question, but here goes:

As you are aware Imbolc is now coming up and I was thinking of driving up to Kildare to have a look at sites that are sacred to Goddess Bridget. However, I am not familiar with Kildare and was wondering do any of you know of any good sacred sites or wells around the area, I can visit ? or are there any public rituals taking place up there around that Sabbat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.solasbhride.ie/component/content/article/41-feile-bride-2010

I would very much recommended
    Brigid’s Eve Ritual at St. Brigid’s Well
    Time: 7.30 – 9.00
    A gentle pilgrimage of quiet reflection, song and prayer on the eve of springtime.
    Assemble at 7.20 p.m. at Japanese Gardens’ car park.

Yes it is led by the Brigidine Sisters ( who are an enclosed order but come out for this), but it is a very spiritual gathering and inclusive.
    Our Mission
    Brigid of Kildare has left an inspiring legacy as:

- a spiritual leader,
    - a peacemaker,
    - a woman of the land,
    - an advocate for the poor,
    - a woman of legendary hospitality.

We seek to unfold this legacy and its relevance for our world by:

Providing a place of welcome, tranquillity and peace where people can come and find nourishment for life’s journey

* Offering hospitality to people of all faiths and none
    * Sharing and celebrating the story of Brigid in a life-giving, creative and challenging way
    * Facilitating pilgrimages to Brigid’s sites. If groups are small, we can place the pilgrimage in context in our little Centre before setting out on pilgrimage
    * Creating an environment where right relationship with self, others, the cosmos and God is nurtured
    * Providing opportunities for people to deepen their spirituality with reflection, prayer, ritual, spiritual accompanying, education and culture.

I have had my children at it and it was wonderful the path is candle lit and most of those taking part bring candles which can be lit from a shared sacred flam and the main well which is far from artificial light is decorated with candles.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Turquoise1

Sounds absolutely wonderful, thank you for the link.

Advertisement