Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls prettier without makeup

• 24-01-2010 8:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Why are women so obsessed with makeup, lipstick and hair products, and think they can’t look good without these items? I’d just like to add my own situation into this argument because there is a girl I am strongly attracted to, and also happen to think is a very sweet girl. I have seen pictures of this girl with next to no makeup on and a pretty smile, and also photos of her with loads of makeup on. The pictures with makeup are predictably Jordanesque, dolly bird affairs as is the case with most women wearing makeup, however the pictures without makeup reveal a sweet, sweet girl with the most beautiful smile in the world.

I’d go as far as to say that makeup takes away a lot from women, and from nature, so why are women so obsessed with makeup and products in the first place? I think nature trumps face paint any day. It’s a pity so many girls are obsessed with these products because they look so natural without it. Also please don't take this up the wrong way, I’m not trying to get at women for wearing makeup (it’s their personal choice), it’s just that I can’t see why so many women don’t realise that they are more naturally pretty and fresh without overdoses of makeup.

Mod Edit: Fixed your font for ya.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

Stop stalking her Facebook and go to sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

Firstly, I think men (for the most part) have no idea how much makeup women wear. What I mean is that it is obvious to men when there is a lot, but if a women looks 'natural' they assume they are not wearing any. Most women are still wearing some makeup, even if it looks natural.

Secondly, you say she looks 'sweet' without, and 'Jordanesque' with. It is the same woman. If you like her personality, it doesnt matter how she looks, surely?

Some women like wearing makeup. That does not mean they 'think they can't look good without these items'. Nor does it mean they do it for men, or for anyone but themselves.

Why is it all based on pictures of this poor woman? She would probably not appreciate your condesending attitude.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mr biazzi, don't bother posting if you've nothing useful to add.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

i think foundation should look natural, blusher too and lip stick.

however eye makeup doesnt need to be. I understand what you are saying my boyf likes me when i am wearing no makeup but id say when i apply my make up well that he would think i look better. If she doesnt improve with makeup she is wear the wrong shade of foundation/bad quality/too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Slattery86

mr biazzi wrote: »
    Stop stalking her Facebook and go to sleep.
    What a profoundly ignorant statement, this girl just so happens to be a good friend of mine, and I probably have more respect for women than ignorant people like you. I said I thought women were nicer without makeup, and i'm entitled to that opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Make-up makes me look nicer - simple as. That said, I only wear eye make-up. Lipstick doesn't look right on me so I only use lip balm and a tiny bit of lip liner blended in, and I pretty much forego foundation (I might wear a bit of tinted moisturiser when the weather's cold, to give me a bit of a glow).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

So do these rants apply to those of us with acne, or are we exempt because we don't look "naturally pretty and fresh" anyway?

Seriously, I always wonder this when I hear people lamenting about girls being too obsessed with makeup when their natural beauty is so much better without it. Erm no, for quite a few of us, that just isn't true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Gauge wrote: »
    Seriously, I always wonder this when I hear people lamenting about girls being too obsessed with makeup when their natural beauty is so much better without it. Erm no, for quite a few of us, that just isn't true.

I think a previous poster hit the nail on the head when they said most men think women aren't wearing makeup when in fact they've got a natural looking face full of slap on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Exactly. This pining for a fresh-faced maiden is actually a maiden with natural looking make-up, which is fair enough rather than a face covered in orange/chocolate sauce slap and half a tub of powder covering it, along with spider-leg eyelashes... but OP, very few girls are prettier without well applied subtle make-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

eva-longoria-without-makeup.jpg

Yea OP, I see your point... riiiight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Lil Kitten wrote: »

:eek:

Jaysus....the difference:eek:

Agreed with other posters though, some girls are naturally pretty without make-up, but for a lot of us, make-up makes a difference and makes us look good. It might not matter to the OH, but it matters to us women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

-Orlaith- wrote: »
    :eek:

Jaysus....the difference:eek:

Agreed with other posters though, some girls are naturally pretty without make-up, but for a lot of us, make-up makes a difference and makes us look good. It might not matter to the OH, but it matters to us women.

she must have got a nose job as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

This is a really bulls*t theory that guys like to have to make them sound sensitive and non-superficial for the most part.

I guarantee you that if you walked into a night club full of freckle faced, flush cheeked, spotty and palid women you would not think "oh gosh, so glad the women did away with that ridiculous make up fad, they are SO much hotter without it".

Yes there may be the odd VERY lucky girl who's pretty without her makeup (sounds like you may have found one) but odds are she was probably wearing some sort of light foundation at least in a photo. The majority of girls are far far nicer with.

(PS sorry to any girls I offended with my above description but I know if I was let out without make up that would be me :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

make up, if applied with a little tact, enhances virtually every girl:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Slattery86 wrote: »
    The pictures with makeup are predictably Jordanesque, dolly bird affairs as is the case with most women wearing makeup

Eh where the hell do you live exactly?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Lil Kitten wrote: »

Holy crap just saw this!! :eek: This makes me feel so so good in a really petty way inside :pac:
    In fairness to the OP I can totally see why he's so put off by a jordanesque look, my boyfriend loves it when I wear make up (which I always do) because I look about ten times hotter with it, but most people don't seem to realise that I wear any. Like all the other's mentioned being subtle and skillful with it is the key to it looking good, obviosuly the girl yer into has dodgy taste in make up it's nothing to do with make up in general.

Advertisement