Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suzuki Marauder 250.

• 24-01-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I bought one of these late last summer and I've been having a hoot with it but since the cold snap, I've been finding her to really struggle during the cold and fog.

I took her into CB and the owner told me that she just needs a bit more time in the morning warming and suggested that I put the choke on full and leave her run for two or three minutes, then put her on half and go for a mile or two and then turn the choke off completely so fair enough, I'd leave her a few minutes more warming up and then I'd ride her into work.

That seemed solve the problem initially but as it got colder, I found myself having to leave the choke half on more and more but this leaves the bike slightly harder to control as she has a tendency to keep going unless I fully squeeze the clutch and the opening or closing the throttle even slightly can make her suddenly feel like I'm starving her or giving way too much juice.

My first bike, a Honda 125 CG would start regardless of the cold and I'd just rev the crap out of her for a second and that was it. Never a problem with her, ever.

I went back again to CB and I was told that the exhaust was too tight and that it was loosened and it's still chugging. The only way I can keep her running without her cutting out or back firing (Though she still does back fire very slightly) is by leaving the choke half on and I'm honestly not too certain if that's a good idea. I also asked about getting heating rods installed into the carburettor as that's why my Honda was able to handle the cold better but I was told that you can only install those on sporty bikes.

I'm really at a loss as what to do. She may be just a glorified starter bike, but she's a heap of fun to ride, or she was at the start though. I can't afford to keep bringing her into keep being looked at but I'm really starting to hate her too.

Comments

Advertisement