Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a STEAL if i must say so

• 24-01-2010 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

as the title suggests i got an absolute steel yesterday. i was in the camera centre an i saw a lense, and i thought "that cant be right" its second hand but in perfect working order. its a canon 75-300mm f4-5.6, i got it for €120. what do ye think, good price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

rugalo wrote: »
    as the title suggests i got an absolute steal yesterday. i was in the camera centre an i saw a lense, and i thought "that cant be right" its second hand but in perfect working order. its a canon 75-300mm f4-5.6, i got it for €120. what do ye think, good price?

FYP Steel is a bit of metal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭rugalo

:p you know what i mean!!! dont mind my spelling, what do you think of the price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Its nice to get a bargain and I wish you luck with it. Also a place to look for secondhand bargains is the photography section of adverts.ie
    http://www.adverts.ie/showcat.php?cat=51

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

Amazon.co.uk sells them new for £139.99, so €120 sounds about right for a used one in good condition.

And it's "steal", not "steel"; "and" not "an"; "lens" not "lense"; and it wouldn't hurt to use a capital letter or apostrophe where appropriate either.

(And, strictly speaking, "ye" is archaic.)

charybdis wrote: »
    Amazon.co.uk sells them new for £139.99, so €120 sounds about right for a used one in good condition.

And it's "steal", not "steel"; "and" not "an"; "lens" not "lense"; and it wouldn't hurt to use a capital letter or apostrophe where appropriate either.

ur the second person to correct my spelling and grammer, wats dis an english lesson or a photography forum. as i said already u know wat i mean.
    u must have been one of those people in school who even corrected the teacher on their spelling. F**K u charybdis!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

charybdis wrote: »

ur the second person to correct my spelling and grammer, wats dis an english lesson or a photography forum. as i said already u know wat i mean.
    u must have been one of those people in school who even corrected the teacher on their spelling. F**K u charybdis!!!

I don't know which of ye is more anal!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

wats dis an english lesson or a photography forum. as i said already u know wat i mean.

Well, photography forum or not, it helps if you're able to communicate at some level other than a semi-literate 16 year old.

Also, post reported for personal abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

And I thought it was Irish forum, not English... :p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Well, photography forum or not, it helps if you're able to communicate at some level other than a semi-literate 16 year old.

+1 - think you're being generous with 16 :pac:

Ditto!

I don't know which of ye is more anal!:D

Come on SinisterDexter it's supposed to be a photography forum. I didn't write on the forum to have my spelling corrected. As you can see I can spell and use correct grammer :D. Oh and the total use of txt style writing was on purple :D:D

• Advertisement

To make matters worse, it's not even a bargain!

To make matters worse, it's not even a bargain!

What!!, well considering there going for at least €300 new, I think it was a bit of a STEAL (for all you politicly correct people out there). So what do you think i should have paid for it ?

What!!, well considering there going for at least €300 new, I think it was a bit of a STEAL (for all you politicly correct people out there). So what do you think i should have paid for it ?

€300 is for one with IS & USM - you got the base model - still a reasonable lens but should have paid no more than €90 - €100 secondhand.

BTW - see how easy it is to type correctly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

... So what do you think i should have paid for it ?

I am keeping an eye on adverts for a bargain lense like that for my friend. She cannot offer anything in exchange for it (she is married...) , so it has to be a real bargain. I am looking for double figure as a good beginning of nice bargain.

Hang on a minute, your telling me it's not ok for me to use profanities at someone, but it's ok for you to insult me by prosuming i'm some illiterate sixteen year old.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

If you have a problem with a post please use the Report Post facility.

DO NOT respond in thread.

Personal Abuse will not be tolerated.

People do make spelling mistakes, however TxtSpk is not allowed on this forum or elsewhere on Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Available brand new from Amazon (right now) at £125 - free delivery on that too.

You got cheaper than that so as long as you are happy.

I think you are confusing the lens you have with the IS USM version.

Long threads on Board about this - just search Canon 75-300 and read away.

thebiglad wrote: »
    Available brand new from Amazon (right now) at £125 - free delivery on that too.

You got cheaper than that so as long as you are happy.

I think you are confusing the lens you have with the IS USM version.

Long threads on Board about this - just search Canon 75-300 and read away.

Cheers for that, but yeh i am happy with that purchase. In saying that I may use it for my next one, possibly a macro. Also i'm going to vegas in a couple of weeks, I might get a cheap macro over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Enjoy the lens Rugalo and the trip to Las Vegas. Tip - you might want to try the Firefox browser, it checks spelling as you type which I find very handy since I often transpose letters as the mind races ahead of the fingers.

Advertisement