Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Extractor fan arm and snorkel

• 24-01-2010 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm building a campervan, but your guys in DIY might have some good ideas about where to source stuff.

I'm trying to put together an extractor system for over the 2 hob cooker of a campervan so it doesn't get too badly condensated by cooking.

I want to have a flexible arm that can swing across when cooking and move out of the way when I'm not.

I need
    Some piping and associated joints in the range of 45 to 60mm diameter
    A 12v inline fan
    A hood / cowl / funnel in the range of / 30 to 50 cm diameter to attach to the end of the piping and extract from over the cooker.

I know that there are commercial soldering fume extraction system out there - they might do
    Also I was thinking of using a basic plastic funnel, but was hoping someone might have some ideas for something that might look a bit better

Any recommendations for what to use or where to ask / buy would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ronan

Advertisement