Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Lear

Options
  • 24-01-2010 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

I have started studying King Lear for the first time myself and I find it to be pretty approachable. However, being a repeat I cant remember how one should go about answering a Shakespearean question. How many quotations should be used, what kind of structure should it be? Should it be similar to comparative or not? I just cant seem to remember how to answer a question on King Lear. :confused::confused::confused:

Also, how many A4 pages should an answer on King Lear be? My writing is kinda small, so I am hoping 31/2 to 4 A4 pages. Advice would be appreciated, thanks.:P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭dannydfc

I am doing King Lear too, usually 3 pages would be good.
    Usually the approach i would take is about three of four really long paragraphs , say on three different parts of your question, for example if the question is on the relationship of Lear and his three daughters you could have one paragragh on each Daughter.
    Yes, the structure is similar to the comparitive in a way, you just start with the introduction of the question, then basically you write about a particular point ,quote,and explain, usually three very well detailed points would get you the marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

fufureida wrote: »
    I have started studying King Lear for the first time myself and I find it to be pretty approachable. However, being a repeat I cant remember how one should go about answering a Shakespearean question. How many quotations should be used, what kind of structure should it be? Should it be similar to comparative or not? I just cant seem to remember how to answer a question on King Lear. :confused::confused::confused:

Also, how many A4 pages should an answer on King Lear be? My writing is kinda small, so I am hoping 31/2 to 4 A4 pages. Advice would be appreciated, thanks.:P

I have a few notes on King Lear and a few samples answers from our teacher's handouts that I can scan to the computer and email to you if you'd like? Just PM me your email address and I'll get them to you as soon as I can.

As for the structure, our teacher always says to use around 1-2 quotes per paragraph (7-8 lines). The comparative is a completely different Q and as you're not comparing King Lear to anything there's no need to follow the same layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

That would be GREAT thanks sent you my email through pm :D

fufureida wrote: »
    That would be GREAT thanks sent you my email through pm :D

No worries! I'll start now and email you when they're ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

gemxpink wrote: »
    No worries! I'll start now and email you when they're ready!
    Is that offer available to all? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Healium wrote: »
    Is that offer available to all? :rolleyes:

sure :)
    the notes aren't really really amazing~ but they're helpful

Advertisement