Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will ipoker honour my money?

Options
  • 24-01-2010 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

As some may be aware, Betfold Poker, part of the ipoker network, seem to have closed down - people have speculated that the founders of the skin ran off from Malta without paying any affiliates etc. Anyway, since then there has been many players attempting to cash out whatever money they had on Betfold.

While a small few players have reported receiving their cash outs since, a lot more are still complaining of receiving nothing after waiting for many weeks.

I'm hoping there's a representative of ipoker on Boards, as the NVG thread on 2+2 doesn't seem to be getting the players very far at all.

I have sent about 5 emails to Betfold support asking what is going on and haven't heard a thing.

I have over $2,000 on Betfold poker. I have not attempted a cash out, fearing that my roll would be in limbo for an uncertain amount of time. I am still able to play with the money I have there too.

fwiw I want to stay on ipoker, but don't want to continue on Betfold for obvious reasons. I just need a way of getting my roll from one skin to the other, without having to wait months wondering whether I will get my money at all.

As far as I'm aware, Betfold are not big enough to run their own cashier so Betfold players funds would be held by a super skin so if Betfold never handled my money, why can't ipoker just process the cash out as normal?

So, is there anyone I can contact about this? Can anyone point me in the right direction or . I'm not saying my case is more special than all the other players who haven't been paid, but I'm just trying to highlight the issue on Boards as well to try get more done about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

You could play someone headsup for the $2k, just don't make it obvious like you raise to $1,999.99 and fold to a shove!! Maybe play like 2/4 hu and lose 5 buyins over 200 hands and get the money in spots were it won't look suspicious. Also lose some pots as well and take flips. Just do stuff that makes it look like an ordinary game.

Pretty sick for you but you really need to stick to reputable skins. The extra few % in rakeback doesn't make up for knowing your money would be alot safer on Paddy Power, Boyles, VC, GJP etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

The important thing to remember here is that iPoker don't have your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

fatguy wrote: »
    The important thing to remember here is that iPoker don't have your money.

How dyou mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

You deposited your money into Betfold, and it's with Betfold. Playtech never see your money, all they get is a % of the rake you pay. This is how poker networks work.

• Advertisement

fatguy wrote: »
    You deposited your money into Betfold, and it's with Betfold. Playtech never see your money, all they get is a % of the rake you pay. This is how poker networks work.

Not all poker networks. Most small skins on poker networks don't have the resources to provide their own cashiers with payment processing so this is taken care of by the bigger skins. Making it a necessity for every skin to process payments would really limit the amount of skins/players poker networks such as ipoker would otherwise be able to attract.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

do you know what skin betfold was a part of?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Cianos wrote: »
    Not all poker networks. Most small skins on poker networks don't have the resources to provide their own cashiers with payment processing so this is taken care of by the bigger skins. Making it a necessity for every skin to process payments would really limit the amount of skins/players poker networks such as ipoker would otherwise be able to attract.

Well maybe another skin has your money but ipoker do not.

Cianos wrote: »

ipoker doesn't do that themselves though. and they don't hold players money.

most of the bigger skins do all that themselves, and sometimes act as a cage for smaller skins. if your money isn't on betfold it's with another skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

I'd chip dump asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

have you read all that thread on 2+2? I understood it was resolved? The skin was sold and basically there was bad management of the handover and this did stop withdrawals etc. understood all was good after that though.

also - ipoker dont have your money.

how much a skin like that go for just out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

how much a skin like that go for just out of curiosity?

no idea tbh. no need to buy a skin anyway - set it up from scratch easy enough.

have you read all that thread on 2+2? I understood it was resolved? The skin was sold and basically there was bad management of the handover and this did stop withdrawals etc. understood all was good after that though.

also - ipoker dont have your money.

Hey, where did you hear that, any chance of a link? Cuz the last few posts in that thread seem to show it's far from being resolved;
    I made 2 small withdrawals, 200 EUR + 300 EUR and haven't received anything yet. This was 10 days ago...
    yeah I did like 4 500 $ Cash outs and nothing here yet. im trying to be patient tho
    Still waiting for my last one, requested 7-weeks ago.
    Still no money
    Still waiting for 5k$ withdrawal made close to 2 months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

digiman wrote: »
    You could play someone headsup for the $2k, just don't make it obvious like you raise to $1,999.99 and fold to a shove!! Maybe play like 2/4 hu and lose 5 buyins over 200 hands and get the money in spots were it won't look suspicious. Also lose some pots as well and take flips. Just do stuff that makes it look like an ordinary game.

Pretty sick for you but you really need to stick to reputable skins. The extra few % in rakeback doesn't make up for knowing your money would be alot safer on Paddy Power, Boyles, VC, GJP etc.

i agree
    find someone you can trust on pp or boyles and play HU make big bets and then fold to a raise do it really fast over 4-5mins when the roll is gone start fcuking and blinding in the chat box about lucky fish and so on. and presto the money is out. just rely's on the honesty of the other fella then :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Just hope that the site won't be able to find this thread, cos dumping is very frowned on, and you may have a chance of losing the money for good.

If you can do it so that it won't be noticed, and you are pretty confident about that, then fire away, but do note that a lot of people have had their funds frozen for doing it.

Basically you don't want to make it look strange so that its going to flag Noel Hayes/Paul Spillane, probably best not to do it with someone with a PPP or Boyles account. Ideally you should plan with your mate to set up a new account with a reputable skin so its not going to affect his own account but its also key that he will be able to cash out straight away to neteller/MB.

If you are a 50nl reg and next thing you are playing 2knl HU then thats going to look strange. Bust it at 200nl or 400nl, 10 or 5 buyins at HU is nothing. 1 table him to start with then ask him to add more tables etc. Play it out like a normal match for the first hour even. Take some flips. So what if you have to pay $100 in rake at least you have a good chance of keeping the money afterwards. Last thing you want is to get your money taken away because you made an obvious chip dump.

Also, If I were you I would get it out of there asap. A mate of mine who had money on Eurolinx got his money off this way before that site went tits up, he was lucky as I believe other well known players lost a lot of money there.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

I would strongly advise against chip dumping. You run the risk of getting your funds locked up and you will struggle to get them back at all.

Is it not worth trying to withdraw the smallest amount possible and see how long it takes to come back to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I am astonished that people are recommending chip dumping. I mean, the simple fact of OP jumping up stakes (presuming €2k isn't his normal BI) will trigger alarm bells. And that's before one even considers whether the players pick a believable series of hands to do the dump, which is probably tricky. And I also suspect that when it comes to issues like chip dumping it is a network concern and not simply the skin's one. Once you screw over iP central, they will be far less sympathetic about any dispute you might have with the skin.

I feel terrible for OP, but I really think people need to think long and hard about which sites they keep money on. On iP I'd be ok with PPP, WH, Noble, Titan, Bet365, Blue Sq., Mansion maybe, VC, BetFred probably, Boyle's....but not many others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

I am astonished that people are recommending chip dumping. I mean, the simple fact of OP jumping up stakes (presuming €2k isn't his normal BI) will trigger alarm bells. And that's before one even considers whether the players pick a believable series of hands to do the dump, which is probably tricky. And I also suspect that when it comes to issues like chip dumping it is a network concern and not simply the skin's one. Once you screw over iP central, they will be far less sympathetic about any dispute you might have with the skin.

I feel terrible for OP, but I really think people need to think long and hard about which sites they keep money on. On iP I'd be ok with PPP, WH, Noble, Titan, Bet365, Blue Sq., Mansion maybe, VC, BetFred probably, Boyle's....but not many others.

so you have no real advice, other than leave the money there and hope for the best and make a better choice the next time.

fwiw i don't think the network could really give two rattling thingamegigs about players money or what they do with it, after all it will be staying within the same network. all they care about is collecting their monthly fees from the different skins and i doubt pp or boyles will have any issue with picking up a new customer. the only people who's nose will be out of joint is the crowd that look like they are on a one way trip down siht creek and seem bent on bringing as much of other peoples money as possible with them....so who cares about upsetting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

lucky-colm wrote: »
    so you have no real advice, other than leave the money there and hope for the best and make a better choice the next time.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Your condescending tone is even more insufferable in light of your "advice" earlier in the thread to chip dump 2k in "4 or 5 minutes" at a HU table, irrespective of whether HU is OP's normal game and irrespective of whether 2k is his normal BI and irrespective of the cards either player gets in those 5 minutes. In other words, you are advocating not only an unworkable chip-dump, but also the most obvious and easily detectable one imaginable. It would be likely to fail at moving money and succeed in getting detected. Awesome advice dude. For that to be your position and for you to then sneer at my post that attempted to give others a useful heads-up, tells me you are not someone I've any interest in talking to.

Advertisement