Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

acer aspire5920g

• 24-01-2010 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have an aspire and it switches off completely without warning when I unplug from mains after about 2 or 3 minutes.I took it back to Currys and it was sent away for repair under warranty. After about 3 weeks it came back and it still has the same problem.When I click on battery it says 98% charged but when I disconnect from mains it dies completely after about 2 or 3 minutes.
    HELP!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I have the same problem with an Acer Aspire. Battery at 98% but when I unplug from mains it dies after 2 minutes. I'm hoping to try the battery in a different Aspire this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 keem21

I brought the laptop back again to Currys and they had it tested. They told me the battery is dead and it is not covered under the laptop warranty!!!
    Beware if buying laptop or phone to ask is the battery covered by the warranty. Also when using laptop on the mains electricity ALWAYS TAKE BATTERY OUT to prolong the life of the battery.

Advertisement