Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know if a BOI laser card will work at atms in Oz?

Options
  • 24-01-2010 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

It worked for me, there should be a symbol on the back that looks like a diamond. If the same symbol is on the machines it worked for me.
    Carry a visa card just in case though (they work in pretty much all machines), it has been a while since I went back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

Jumpy wrote: »
    It worked for me, there should be a symbol on the back that looks like a diamond. If the same symbol is on the machines it worked for me.
    Carry a visa card just in case though (they work in pretty much all machines), it has been a while since I went back.

thanks, although looking at my card I only see a maestro and cirrus symbol on it, don't see any diamond shape on it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Looking now I think its the Maestro. Give the bank a call though as I am AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Yeah it works fine in Oz if you have Cirrus and Masetro on it.

You can only take out about $400 a day from the ATM but can get more if you go into the bank .

Also be sure to that you take out the max when you do use it as you get charged a fee every time no matter what the amount is .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

If it is marked Cirrus it'll work fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 mdrizzle

It will work anwhere u see the cirrus or meastro symbol, but make sure u let BOI know that u intend to use it in Oz, If they dont know ure goin there and u try to use it they may think your card has been cloned/nicked and will block the account from use, as for fees check wit BOI not sure if the fee free banking includes using foreign bank machines, but u will def get charged for using the small atm's here in the pubs/clubs/bottleshops's

Advertisement