Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good areas to live

Options
  • 24-01-2010 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi all

i am considering a move to dundalk/louth with a healthy budget for rental, searching the interenet and i cant find much info regarding the better areas, unlike dublin where posters dont hold back!

can anyone give me some advice

thanks

card

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Blackrock south of Dundalk or Ravensdale north of Dundalk. Carlingford or Annagassen if you don't mind a bit of a drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

College heights and Rockfield are loud college estates (a lot of parties and general annoyance caused by students), college manor is a quieter estate with far less students.
    College heights = ****hole.
    Rockfield = big houses with nearly all students.
    College manor = generally quiet with alright houses, but try and get the big upstairs appartments.

That's my two cents.

Here is a nice place if you have your own transport -

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&s[cc_id]=c9&s[a_id][0]=3471&s[route_id]=&s[a_id_transport]=0&s[street_name]=&s[txt]=&s[mnp]=800&s[mxp]=&s[bd_no]=&s[pt_id]=&s[move_in_date]=0&s[lease]=&s[furn]=0&s[npt_id]=&s[days_old]=&s[single_beds]=&s[double_beds]=&s[twin_beds]=&s[agreed]=&s[search_type]=rental&s[transport]=&s[advanced]=&s[price_per_room]=&s[refreshmap]=1&offset=10&limit=10&id=832191

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cardhappy

thanks for that...wouldnt mind avoiding students with new baby on the way, will look at blackrock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

What is a healthy budget?
    Are you looking for a spacious house, many bedrooms etcetera.

I would personally prefer Ravensdale area to Blackrock. Generally would prefer North Dundalk - Faughart/Ravensdale/Jenkinstown to South.

Blackrock is nice but quite crowded and as many on here will agree the roads are quite small, not much they can do what with it being on the coast and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cardhappy

was thining 1k euro would be ok, or not?

probably 2-3 bed place, I will take a look at the Ravensdale area thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

cardhappy wrote: »
    was thining 1k euro would be ok, or not?
    :eek:

The arse has really fallen out of the market eh? :D

I just had a look on daft.ie and the selection is rubbish tbh.
    €1k would rent you a 5 bed detached in Ravensdale atm.

For a 3 bed I fail to see how or why you would need to pay any more than €700/750 pm.

Browsing property is a hobby.

www.daft.ie/2797514 this house was once for sale for €1.2m iirc!

www.daft.ie/2808737 - this house was for rent about two years ago or so when I was looking to buy in the area. Never saw it and I do not know the location but it could be awkward to get to, however it does IMO look nice and 2-3 years ago there were more and better pictures of it.

Best of luck.

Advertisement