Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Printed Catalog price mistake

Options
  • 24-01-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

There is a price of a camera on the new argos brochure which is 100euro differant than the argos.ie website

If i go to an extra store and order will they honour the printed price, anyone any experiance of this..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

They don't have to and probably wouldn't.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

You defo won't get it because everyone is gonna see it on the bargain alerts,

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

nice of you to tell us which one it was by the way.../sarcasm :D

by the way... how do you know that the website isnt priced wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 - 3 User. € 34.99 675/9740

Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 - 1 User. 54.99 675/9726

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

aidankkk wrote: »
    If i go to an extra store and order will they honour the printed price, anyone any experiance of this..
    Nope.. you'll pay the price in-store.

They've got it in their T&C's somewhere that even if you reserve a product at a cheaper price online, you pay the price it is in-store on the day you collect it. Regardless of whether it's more expensive or cheap on the day you go in!

PS - Moved to Consumer Issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

No, you'll pay the price of the item the day that you buy it. It is like when you use the reserve service and they say that the price you pay is the one in the store on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

A price is not an offer- it's an invitation to treat.

Basic Contract law.

They can charge you whatever they want when you get to the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

aidankkk wrote: »
    There is a price of a camera on the new argos brochure which is 100euro differant than the argos.ie website

I got a dvd recorder in argos last year, had reserved it online at whatever price it was €300, but when i went to the till, she wanted €350. She called the manager, and she checked the site saw it was €300 and gave it to me for that price.

Not exactly the same scenario but it worked for me anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Archeron

Davy wrote: »
    I got a dvd recorder in argos last year, had reserved it online at whatever price it was €300, but when i went to the till, she wanted €350. She called the manager, and she checked the site saw it was €300 and gave it to me for that price.

Not exactly the same scenario but it worked for me anyway :)

Similar here. I booked a Canon camera for €500 and when I got to the store (and they finally had stock) it was €600.
    The nice lady looked at my print out of my reservation and gave it to me for €500

She was my new friend that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Archeron wrote: »
    Similar here. I booked a Canon camera for €500 and when I got to the store (and they finally had stock) it was €600.
    The nice lady looked at my print out of my reservation and gave it to me for €500

She was my new friend that day.
    sometimes price reductions are not updated on the stores computers as quickly as they are on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

foggy_lad wrote: »
    sometimes price reductions are not updated on the stores computers as quickly as they are on the website.

unfortunately the missprice is in the printed brochue and is about the right price on the website.. its only ans Extra item so ill try next time im near an extra store

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

No, they won't have to honour it as it is more than likely human error, usually when argos prices are wrong if you look in the laminated copies of the argos books that they have in store, they will have tiny little updated price stickers covering the old prices. Maybe you'll be lucky though, it's worth a shot!

Advertisement