Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

builiding a gaming computer for €600

Options
  • 24-01-2010 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

ok so i want to build a computer for roughly €600 that i can use for gaming but really i only want games released up to now and im going to overclock it anyway so please could i have some advice on any changes or upgrades?

Intel core 2 quad q6600 (2.4ghz)
    4gb 1600 mhz ddr3 RAM
    nvidia geforce 9800gtx 512mb
    Gigabyte GA-P43T-ES3 motherboard
    1tb hard drive

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I would prob get a better GPU..
    Core 2 quad is a good cpu, but if you only plan on playing games up to now maybe think of going AMD cheaper and will do the job

(wooo 200th post :P. )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

The poster said this in the Graphics forum
    "the monitors a 19" 1920 X 1200
    as for the power its part of a computer im planning to build so i was thinking of 650-700 watt
    and games would be command and conquer 4 when its released, crysis, and fallout 3
    "
    Well good thing you asked first! :p

Yeah not sure where you're getting that motherboard but if it's a P43 then it won't be able to use ddr3 ram. Not that big of a loss

I wouldn't get the q6600 and even the socket775 series altogether, there's better value to be had with the AMD options and if you're into you're overclocking then there's deffo more value to be had.

For €600

Well you've got options people with the same budget in the "guide to a budget pc" http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64158018&postcount=388

Actually i'd just look at the last couple pages in that forum.

I'd be a wee bit concerned with you monitor. I don't think there are any monitors with that resolution under 22", check that again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 daboymolly

Effluo wrote: »
    The poster said this in the Graphics forum
    "the monitors a 19" 1920 X 1200
    as for the power its part of a computer im planning to build so i was thinking of 650-700 watt
    and games would be command and conquer 4 when its released, crysis, and fallout 3
    "
    Well good thing you asked first! :p

Yeah not sure where you're getting that motherboard but if it's a P43 then it won't be able to use ddr3 ram. Not that big of a loss

I wouldn't get the q6600 and even the socket775 series altogether, there's better value to be had with the AMD options and if you're into you're overclocking then there's deffo more value to be had.

For €600

Well you've got options people with the same budget in the "guide to a budget pc" http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64158018&postcount=388

Actually i'd just look at the last couple pages in that forum.

I'd be a wee bit concerned with you monitor. I don't think there are any monitors with that resolution under 22", check that again

well the monitor may be bigger (its definately not less than 19 inch!) as I use it for playing my xbox on hd at the moment.

as for the motherboard, im pretty sure it is ddr3 unless gigabyte is lying to me (I may have posted the model name wrong)
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=3269&ProductName=GA-P43T

thanks for the suggestion about the amd processor, its just the only reason im going for the q6600 at the moment is because ive heard great things about its overclocking potential, but do you know and amd processors in the same category? just trying to save as much as i can!

Advertisement