Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9800gtx?

Options
  • 24-01-2010 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

considering getting this card, anyone else who has it or knows anything about thoughts?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

daboymolly wrote: »
    considering getting this card, anyone else who has it or knows anything about thoughts?:confused:

Old-ish card at this stage.Basically a more power hungry GTS 250.

Still a good card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

What games do you wanna play and at what resolution is your monitor.

Also what power-supply do you have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 daboymolly

the monitors a 19" 1920 X 1200
    as for the power its part of a computer im planning to build so i was thinking of 650-700 watt
    and games would be command and conquer 4 when its released, crysis, and fallout 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

the monitors a 19" 1920 X 1200
    as for the power its part of a computer im planning to build so i was thinking of 650-700 watt
    and games would be command and conquer 4 when its released, crysis, and fallout 3

Don't know why people play Crysis,really ain't a good game apart from the eye candy.Should be able to Max out C&C4 and play FO3 fine

How much are you buying this for ?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055808018
    here's a link to the thread on building & Upgrading probably best to keep it all on the one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 daboymolly

well i since deano12345 mentioned the gts 250 i ve been researching and i think im gonna get a 1gb gts 250 now or even a gtx260

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

well i since deano12345 mentioned the gts 250 i ve been researching and i think im gonna get a 1gb gts 250 now or even a gtx260
    get the 260, its a much much better card than the 250, and it will run Crysis much better than a 250 would.

lmimmfn wrote: »
    get the 260, its a much much better card than the 250, and it will run Crysis much better than a 250 would.

But, IMO not worth the €30+ price difference over the 5770.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-5770-review-test/18

here's a review it show the 260 beating the 5770 but only by very small amounts in each case(when the framerates are at around 60 there is supposed to be no noticable difference in performance).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Effluo wrote: »
    But, IMO not worth the €30+ price difference over the 5770.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-5770-review-test/18

here's a review it show the 260 beating the 5770 but only by very small amounts in each case(when the framerates are at around 60 there is supposed to be no noticable difference in performance).
    It depends entirely on the OP, id recommend a 5770 over a 260 if the OP wants to overclock, overclocked it will easily out perform a stock 260 as it overclocks like crazy, as for price a second had 260 should go for ~90Euro, i wouldnt recommend getting one new.

lmimmfn wrote: »
    It depends entirely on the OP, id recommend a 5770 over a 260 if the OP wants to overclock, overclocked it will easily out perform a stock 260 as it overclocks like crazy, as for price a second hand 260 should go for ~90Euro, i wouldnt recommend getting one new.

Oh well second hand everything is worth the price lol :D

The said he's overclocking in the other thread.

This is exactly why it should be kept to one.
    P.s. I'll respond to the other thread 2moro, I'm going to bed now

• Advertisement
Advertisement