Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommebdations for second hand car dealers in Carlow

Options
  • 24-01-2010 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

I'm looking to pick up something around the €2,000 range - Fiesta sort of car. Can anyone recommend any good dealers in Carlow, who won't knowingly sell me a piece of crap?

Thanks.

Recommebdations = Recommendations ~~~

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I just purchased from Bolands recently and I'd definately recommend them but for your price range I'd try Tom Rice. Look for him on carzone

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Alternatively you could try Brian Reynolds. He's operating out of Green Acres. He deals in repossessed cars and vans. Some good bargains to be had. I can pm you his number if you want.
    As for dealers i'd try Mcdonalds on the Tullow Rd, where Sam Moores used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭J_Wholesale

Thanks guys. I'll check those out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

super-rush wrote: »
    Alternatively you could try Brian Reynolds. He's operating out of Green Acres. He deals in repossessed cars and vans. Some good bargains to be had. I can pm you his number if you want.
    As for dealers i'd try Mcdonalds on the Tullow Rd, where Sam Moores used to be.

I was wondering what that was. What range of cars does he have?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Tester46

Are Sheehy's any good? They're a main VW/Audi dealer, so I wouldn't expect them to be the cheapest in town, but do they have a good reputation?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭rossi272

<no advertising>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

+1 on bolands - have used them for the past 8 years and they are fantastic - really look after you

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I was wondering what that was. What range of cars does he have?

Everything and anything. Cars, vans and bikes. Usually from 03 upwards. Last time he was there he had a 05 Focus going for €3,000

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

ShayK1 wrote: »
    I just purchased from Bolands recently and I'd definately recommend them but for your price range I'd try Tom Rice. Look for him on carzone

+1+1 to that. They really are excellent there. Can't recommend them highly enough.
    I had a problem with my car (Volvo), they are the main dealers for Carlow and KK. Even though I didn't buy the car from them they treated me like one of their own from start to finish. And gave me a courtesy car to drive while they were working on mine which they did not charge me for. Problem was fixed and they did not roastmeone bit as regards the bill. Mary and Bobby there are excellent.
    And I will return there I have to say and will be top of my list come changing time. No wonder so many cars around have Bolands stickers now. And far better than so-called cheap independent mechanics I have dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

super-rush wrote: »
    Everything and anything. Cars, vans and bikes. Usually from 03 upwards. Last time he was there he had a 05 Focus going for €3,000

He deals in repo's i.e sold as seen. normally has great stuff out there but lately all his cars have been going direct onto dealers yards instead.
    he can be hard to contact, you kind of need to catch him in the yard to get him.

Don't call to his house because I've heard he won't deal with you at all if you do.
    But he is normally a sound guy..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 carlowgal

Thanks guys. I'll check those out.

There is a guy called David Hayden in Carlow,I bought a small van from him,great service,I didn't have to leave work to go for test drives,he asked me what type of van I wanted and brought 3 vans over to me over 3 evenings,I was able to test drive them,very handy,and I was happy with the van I bought.he was recommended to me by a workmate,hadn't heard of him before that.can get you his number if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 blahahah

I am looking for this guy as i heard from him before but cannot find his contact setails anywhere. Would You mind to give me address of the garage and his phone number? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Tester46 wrote: »
    Are Sheehy's any good? They're a main VW/Audi dealer, so I wouldn't expect them to be the cheapest in town, but do they have a good reputation?

I went to Sheehy's when changing my car. The sales guy looked at me like I was something on the sole of his shoe. Never, ever setting foot in there again, AND he lost himself a nice bit of commission that day. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

blahahah wrote: »
    I am looking for this guy as i heard from him before but cannot find his contact setails anywhere. Would You mind to give me address of the garage and his phone number? thanks

4 years on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Mandzhalas

madmaggie wrote: »
    I went to Sheehy's when changing my car. The sales guy looked at me like I was something on the sole of his shoe. Never, ever setting foot in there again, AND he lost himself a nice bit of commission that day. :rolleyes:

Very same experience myself there

Advertisement