Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue Casual Tournament Final Standings & Shoutouts.

Options
  • 24-01-2010 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Ok so 1st of all i want to congratulate Tin the newcomer who came & beat all of out asses at... I dunno EVERYTHING it seems lol. Thanks to everyone who came & took time from their busy schedules to come play a game that ain't even released here yet. Thanks to the SF players who also decided to give another game a chance, & i hope everyone really enjoyed themselves! I was asked to run another tournament, so i'll arrange it a few weeks after the game is released here, which should be mid-march, as the game is set for release on the 5th of march here!

With that said, heres the final standings for all those who took part!

1st. Tin
    2nd. Sean B
    3rd. Xinkai
    4th. Dreddy
    5th. Joe
    5th. Simon
    5th. Dr Doom
    5th. Brendan
    6th. Kiki*
    6th. Sorcha
    6th. Foamy
    6th. HMUYA
    6th. DarkTalent*
    6th. Stringer*
    7th. Green Ken*
    7th. Magician*
    8th. Grant*
    8th. Animax
    9th. Ramza - DNTP

* = Those with a * beside their name were in a group of 5 players, & affects their final standings in the way that, people with 5 players in a group will get HALF a point for winning a match, while those with 4 in a group will gain 1 full point. Those that QUALIFIED for Quarter Finals from the group of 5 are ranked 5th - 1st & do not receive any point reductions.

SHOUTOUTS

Tin - From coming from another country & smashing up our own country, Gratz on 1st place, & hope to see you again!

Dreddy - For picking bottom tier characters & adjusting to a game he's never played before so well, could be a player to watch out for if he sticks with the game hopefully! Gratz on Semi's & 4th Place!

Joe, Sean B, Sorcha & The Other Guys In Their Circle Of Friends -
    Thank you all for taking the time out of your Saturday & coming to take part, numbers wouldn't have been the same without you all there!!! Hope you can all make it for casuals over the weekends!!!

Thanks to everyone who took part & hope to see you again in March for BlazBlue OFFICIAL Ranking Battles Ireland: REBEL 1!!!

Xinkai

PS For anyone who's interested, i'm on PSN & Xbox Live

XBL: Xinkai
    PSN: Xinkai_SAF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

18 players, nice. Will try to make it to Rebel 1.

This Tin fella seems like he's really something - I'd like to see how the likes of The Truth and Newtype perform against him in SF4.

Also, I take it Dreddy played Tager? Good on him if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yep, I played Tager...not really my type of game though tbh I don't think. May give it another go anyway.

Tin's quality at 3S and BB, decent at SF4 as well but not his main game at all from what I could tell.

edit: cheers xinkai btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sabre0002

Good stuff lads. Looking forward to the first tournament!

First post :D

Also, I found someone posted the results elsewhere - strange site...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

This what I'm talking about man. expanding our horizons.

Lets get some VF on the go eh? hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Bring it to casuals, nothing holding you back right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

This what I'm talking about man. expanding our horizons.

Lets get some VF on the go eh? hahaha.
    I haven't played seriously since VF4 Evo (and a few VF5 ver.C sessions) - but I heartily endorse some VF play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Yay, I'm better than Ramza :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

animaX wrote: »
    Yay, I'm better than Ramza :P

xD Non existent contenders are the hardest right Terry? :P

jokes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Ramza wrote: »
    xD Non existent contenders are the hardest right Terry? :P

jokes

What are you talking about, DNTP is financial lingo for Delta-Neutral-Trading-Product :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Wow, you guys had an awesome turnout for BB! Did you get to record any vids?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

I'd be interested in going to a BB tournament if there's another one on.

Yeah theres gonna be another tournament for it AFTER the game is released, maybe some time in march, the game is due out here on the 12th of March so maybe 2 weeks after it's released so people can grab a few combos etc.

I'll bring BlazBlue with me to casuals so people can try it out if they want too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

I can bring it too if I ever make it to a casual. Might make it this Saturday. I just want Continuum Shift to be out so I can play as Hazama.

I can bring it too if I ever make it to a casual. Might make it this Saturday. I just want Continuum Shift to be out so I can play as Hazama.

Well, technically, you can - the arcade ROM dump leaked to the net and is fully playable on decent PCs.

What type of Arcade Hardware does it run on?

Roms are illegal don't discuss them.

Also just buy the game when it comes out.

The rom needs a HELLA beefy cpu though.

Xinkai wrote: »
    Roms are illegal don't discuss them.

Also just buy the game when it comes out.

ROMs aren't illegal, and I'm not discussing where to download them illegally (nor would I), which as far as I know is what's against boards rules. Like if we had a discussion about the amount that SF4 was torrented on the PC version rather than bought, I don't think that'd be against the rules either just to state that it exists.

edit: also lol at "don't discuss it" *discusses the same rom 2 lines later* :pac:

We're not talking about roms. Besides which we all know exactly where and how to download them.

I'm interested however in what hardware Blazblue runs on, given that it's HD etc.

Edit: it's the X2 like SFIV.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Xinkai if you've a problem with what people are saying, report it. Telling people what to do is back seat modding and not allowed.

When the forum was started I checked the official position and the rule is you're not allowed to discuss how to find/use/acquire roms. That's the long and short of the rule.

Not really, so long as you run it in low-res mode.
    Inputs are ****ed for most people, though, so it's really not worth it. Considering how much Nu/Lambda has changed, I'm not really even gonna try practising 'til the console version comes out since she really needs her specials in order to be great.

• Advertisement

Vyze wrote: »
    Not really, so long as you run it in low-res mode.
    Inputs are ****ed for most people, though, so it's really not worth it. Considering how much Nu/Lambda has changed, I'm not really even gonna try practising 'til the console version comes out since she really needs her specials in order to be great.

I dunno Vyse it looks like she's still pretty good, just weaker.

AKA from what i've seen A-11's 234D is combo friendly and stick in your opponent for 3 hitsand doesn't trip, also her dash teleport thing now hits if you cross through an opponent, so i'm thinking her BNB, Rapid, 5DD-4DD-Dash would be a very good combo for her. maybe even enough to do, BNB, Rapid, 5D-5DD-4DD-Dash seeing as how it catches them for a few seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

AKA from what i've seen A-11's 234D is combo friendly and stick in your opponent for 3 hitsand doesn't trip, also her dash teleport thing now hits if you cross through an opponent, so i'm thinking her BNB, Rapid, 5DD-4DD-Dash would be a very good combo for her. maybe even enough to do, BNB, Rapid, 5D-5DD-4DD-Dash seeing as how it catches them for a few seconds.

yeah lamda is still good, just weaker dmg. is eu getting blazblue cs or is it just blazblue, this has me confused.

chueytoo wrote: »
    yeah lamda is still good, just weaker dmg. is eu getting blazblue cs or is it just blazblue, this has me confused.

The one we're getting on the 12th of March is Calamity Trigger. As of yet, no console release has been announced, anywhere, for Continuum Shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yreval wrote: »
    The one we're getting on the 12th of March is Calamity Trigger. As of yet, no console release has been announced, anywhere, for Continuum Shift.

Isn't the Euro version going to be slightly different though? Extra characters or something?

HMUYA wrote: »
    Isn't the Euro version going to be slightly different though? Extra characters or something?

Just "unlimited" versions of each character, plus extra colours for each character.

Basically were getting all the American DLC for free, & the unlimited characters. IMO imma say that knowing Aksys they got lazy with the unlimited characters and gave them more damaging attacks and thats it, minus the 4 unlimited that we know about being unchanged.

LOL what an idiot!

Wonder if they reported him to the Anti-Piracy Authorities?

As much as i hate Aksys, i gotta give them props for their response lol.

She's still good, but she's definitely not top-tier any more. Plus her combos are quite different from before (e.g. 5DD 4DD not comboing any more, Throw -> 5DD and so on only works for a handful of chars, etc.)

Are you sure her Sickle Storm is combo friendly? I haven't gotten around to watching many vids (was gonna wait 'til Feb to be sure that any combos people are doing in match vids are worthwhile) but I haven't seen any great examples of comboing into it, it just seems to be there to be used as pressure/zoning/guardcrush, much like Spike Chaser.

What do you mean about her teleport hitting if you cross through an opponent? If you mean Act Pulsar, there's 3 versions now (input is now 236A/B/C instead of 66 or 44) - A is like the old towards-Act Pulsar, B is a low hit, and C is a launcher, but none of them will pass through the opponent any more.

The only combos I know of off a 5DD for now is be 5DD 236B or 5D 4DD 236B, then RC into whatever. Lambda needs to be played much more aggressively and you can't just stay far away for the whole match (Gravity Seed now working as a dp is proof of this) which suits me down to the ground, tbh! :)
    I really ought to look up a few simple combos on Dustloop sometime soon so that I'm not too far left behind when the game is out on consoles!

She seems to be all about her corner loops now, I just need to be sure I have my tk Crescent Sabers down.

• Advertisement

Her sickle storm doesn't fly across the screen & trip the opponent up anymore, it hovers below them & hits them 3 times, like a hurricane kick of sorts.

Remember the way you had her teleport dash? EG 6C> 4-4. Her dash?

It acts as a shoulder barge now. Not too sure if you can still cross up though?

Advertisement