Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible dream my boyfriend was cheating

Options
  • 24-01-2010 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

I want to start out by saying that I trust my OH like I trust my mum, and don't believe he would ever cheat on me. But I had a brief conversation with a friend yesterday about cheating and I think that might be where the dream came from.
    It was horrible. We were on holiday (last night in my dream) and we went to a massage salon. This stunning girl came into the room and pushed me out and I left to go out to the shop. When I came back, there was a tv showing live what was happening in the room and there was my darling beloved getting pleasured by the masseuse. I couldn't believe it.
    So, when he came out I promptly broke up with him, because I won't accept cheating, but he pretty much didn't care and acted like he had done nothing wrong.
    So, I went to the salon (which by now was a proper brothel) but ended up getting a gay guy who was useless. Then my boyfriend saw my video and said he didn't mind, but it would have been sexier if Bette Midler had been there instead of me!!! This dream went on and on, but the whole time I was heartbroken that he would do this to me.
    I was sooooo relieved when I finally woke up, but it was a really upsetting feeling!
    Do you ever have dreams like that that linger with you throughout the day? I actually feel a little ill whenever I think about it!
    I almost want to have a go at my boyfriend for upsetting me (irrational, I know), but I wouldn't like to tell him about this dream in case he thinks it means I don't trust him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 xp0

It could be a premonition, you should cheat on him.. just incase it comes true. Then you can be like bet you to it biiitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

I almost want to have a go at my boyfriend for upsetting me (irrational, I know), but I wouldn't like to tell him about this dream in case he thinks it means I don't trust him.

Are you f'n nuts??:confused:

The dream is just representative of your insecurities

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

I don't know, I wouldn't put up with that, get rid of him OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

What about when you cheat on your partner in your own dream with their friend?whats that represent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I want to start out by saying that I trust my OH like I trust my mum, and don't believe he would ever cheat on me. But I had a brief conversation with a friend yesterday about cheating and I think that might be where the dream came from.
    It was horrible. We were on holiday (last night in my dream) and we went to a massage salon. This stunning girl came into the room and pushed me out and I left to go out to the shop. When I came back, there was a tv showing live what was happening in the room and there was my darling beloved getting pleasured by the masseuse. I couldn't believe it.
    So, when he came out I promptly broke up with him, because I won't accept cheating, but he pretty much didn't care and acted like he had done nothing wrong.
    So, I went to the salon (which by now was a proper brothel) but ended up getting a gay guy who was useless. Then my boyfriend saw my video and said he didn't mind, but it would have been sexier if Bette Midler had been there instead of me!!! This dream went on and on, but the whole time I was heartbroken that he would do this to me.
    I was sooooo relieved when I finally woke up, but it was a really upsetting feeling!
    Do you ever have dreams like that that linger with you throughout the day? I actually feel a little ill whenever I think about it!

As above, it's just your brain's way of telling you your insecurities. Never mind the dream.

• Advertisement

Sirsok wrote: »
    What about when you cheat on your partner in your own dream with their friend?whats that represent?

That you fancy your partner's friend brainiac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Who_owns_this?

bazmaiden wrote: »

Are you f'n nuts??:confused:

Um - no.
    I know a lot of people who will give out to their partners for acting badly in a dream they had. Nobody takes it seriously. I'm well aware that it was just a dream, but one of the many perks about being in a good relationship is that your OH indulges your occasional nuttiness. I'm sure I could tell my boyfriend to get his dream self to act as great as his real self and he wouldn't take the slightest offence.

Um - no.
    I know a lot of people who will give out to their partners for acting badly in a dream they had. Nobody takes it seriously. I'm well aware that it was just a dream, but one of the many perks about being in a good relationship is that your OH indulges your occasional nuttiness. I'm sure I could tell my boyfriend to get his dream self to act as great as his real self and he wouldn't take the slightest offence.

That's 1 understanding boyfriend, if it was me , I'd so dump you...

cojomo2 wrote: »
    That's 1 understanding boyfriend, if it was me , I'd so dump you...

Jeez - lighten up!
    You wouldn't get to "so dump me" because I would never date somebody with such a lack of humour in the first place.

Jeez - lighten up!
    You wouldn't get to "so dump me" because I would never date somebody with such a lack of humour in the first place.

One word for you: Sarcasm!:)

• Advertisement

Um - no.

Hey your just agreeing with my comment by this reply!!
    Nice going you crazy chick

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Jackovarian

Maybe you're psychic...

The thing I find most disturbing, beyond where you woke up an suddenly decided that dreams are real, is that your subconscious thinks that your boyfriend fancies Bette Midler...

Like seriously... have you seen her lately?

bette-midler.jpg

Actually wouldn't mind tapping that myself :)

Ye so basically your saying that you think your boyfriend has a thing for middle aged jewish women.... but only in your dream!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Hey your just agreeing with my comment by this reply!!
    Nice going you crazy chick

If I had a dream that my b/f acted badly, I'd say it to him the next day. And, I'd tell him that I wasn't impressed with his dream actions. It would be a joke though.
    Sounds like bazmaiden needs to meet a nice guy who she doesn't keep having to act "cool" around.

wrinkled_dog.jpg

This is more up-to-date pic... I've changed my mind.

Thats what years of plastic surgery will do to a person.

z_topaz wrote: »
    If I had a dream that my b/f acted badly, I'd say it to him the next day. And, I'd tell him that I wasn't impressed with his dream actions. It would be a joke though.
    Sounds like bazmaiden needs to meet a nice guy who she doesn't keep having to act "cool" around.

The mere fact that you felt compelled to post that comment tell us all that you would actually feel hurt by such a dream. But you'd cover it up by pretending you're just messing...

Oh, I dreamt I won the lotto last night! I just ordered a yacht! Sweet...

Hang on...

somethings wrong...

oh yeah, it was just a dream! doh..

z_topaz wrote: »

What makes you think I'm female

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ah it was just a dream. Wouldnt worry about it. Would you give him special sexy time if he was good to you in a dream? Say the Bette Midler part to him though, for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's probably just from your insecurites following the conversation. It's possible the TV may represent other peoples perceptions (from the conversations with your friend earlier on), no doubt a conversation about cheating would cover your boyfriend hypatetically (spelling?) cheating.

Ultimatly, only you can make sense of your dreams as you know what you are going through.

I've started recording my dreams over the last four weeks and found patterns in them, so it may be better to look at a number of your recent dreams. What I've found great is to use a dictaphone as soon as I wake up and than use that to write them down at a later stage.

:D:D
    The thing I find most disturbing, beyond where you woke up an suddenly decided that dreams are real, is that your subconscious thinks that your boyfriend fancies Bette Midler...

Like seriously... have you seen her lately?

I never thought my dreams were real. I can probably blame the cheating part on the conversation that I had with my friend, because I was thinking afterwards how horrible cheating is so it may have been playing on my subconscious.
    And, I can probably trace the insecure thing because of another conversation I had with my mum when she was asking if my boyfriend minded me going out with him. I said I didn't think so, because he knows he can trust me. I also said, on the flip side, I know I can trust him even though girls throw themselves at him (he's very hot :D) so I think some of my dream came from the remembered image of girls throwing themselves at him
    However - I have no idea where Bette Midler came from. I had forgotten she existed until after the dream.
    My subconscious is very random!

• Advertisement

The mere fact that you felt compelled to post that comment tell us all that you would actually feel hurt by such a dream. But you'd cover it up by pretending you're just messing..

No - I never said that I was only messing about the fact that the dream wasn't nice at all. It was horrible. I don't believe it would happen in real life, but what was horrible about it was the feeling in my dream that I had to break up with the love of my life.
    As I keep saying, I know it's not real, but in my dream it was, and all I'm saying is that the feeling was aweful enough to linger.
    People cry at sad movies. The movies aren't necessarily real - it doesn't mean that the people who cry at them are wrong to do so.

"so I think some of my dream came from the remembered image of girls throwing themselves at him"

There you go the reason for the dream is answered. I think we all have these dreams when we're in relationships

Except for the Beth Midler part!!!:D

What makes you think I'm female
    I never said I thought you were female (although the "maiden" part of your name would suggest it.)
    I just think you're into guys.

I never said I thought you were female (although the "maiden" part of your name would suggest it.)
    I just think you're into guys.

Nice gay joke dude

Nice gay joke dude
    I don't think sexual preference is a joke.

No - I never said that I was only messing about the fact that the dream wasn't nice at all. It was horrible. I don't believe it would happen in real life, but what was horrible about it was the feeling in my dream that I had to break up with the love of my life.
    As I keep saying, I know it's not real, but in my dream it was, and all I'm saying is that the feeling was aweful enough to linger.
    People cry at sad movies. The movies aren't necessarily real - it doesn't mean that the people who cry at them are wrong to do so.

That part wasn't in reply to you.

it was a reply to some other person on the thread.

That part wasn't in reply to you.

it was a reply to some other person on the thread.

Sorry - I just assumed without reading the post you were replying to. My bad! :o

I thought you were criticising because other posters seem to be jumping at my throat unreasonably IMHO. I only posted the thread to see if other people had dreams that they found unpleasant and which lingered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

That you fancy your partner's friend brainiac
    It was a joke brainiac

Advertisement