Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shot show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Tricky1127

I`ve been to Gun Fairs in the US, Germany lot of mad types of firearms (Jaw droping stuff) but i like some of the shows/fairs that are put on in the UK more family type shows as in the kids can go on the bumbing cars and its never crap lots of deals to be had and you meet like minded people who don`t care if you drive an 09 car or 97 van or if your pink or blue well worth taken the boat over for...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Was at a "local" in the US afew times.If you are ever in Phoenix AZ or San Diego CA,go to the Crossroads of the West gunshow.Comes thru about once every three months in LosAngeles,San Diego and Phoenix,and I think Flagstaff.Picture the RDS grounds under one roof and dedicated to everything shooting for a weekend[Sat8 Am to Sun 5.30PM].Everything from full auto in AZ to air rifle and pistols,via military surplus,and vechicles.Do not take a credit card or you will be broke within 20 mins!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:.There are so many deals going on the tables and private sellers you will be kicking yourself you think you missed a better one two tables down.A 50 cal ammo box of 9mm factory reload was 40 dollars,Chinese 7.62X39 1000 rounds in a giant "sardine tin"was 70 dollars[1995].
    Was brilliant,and I wish I had made more money in the US.:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

rowa wrote: »
    anyone ever been over to the shot show in the us ? makes you want to emigrate and quick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJRoZugnPwI&feature=PlayList&p=E3F23A781DA4423E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=59

+1, rowa youre 100% right! or , anybody from usa want to adopt me ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

That Kriss yoke is incredibly ugly looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I haven't been the States yet, but I used to use ranges abroad. The difference in the mind set is so significant. I used to visit Prague quite alot and use the ranges there, that was before the media started to highlight them as a training ground for criminals.

Very few people where aware of the faculities there until the media had a go about it, and of course passed on that info to criminals by making a big story of it. I haven't been in quite a while, maybe its time to organise another shooting holiday.

However, I would like to visit one of those shows in the states, but I can then imagine a depression setting in on return to here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

However, I would like to visit one of those shows in the states, but I can then imagine a depression setting in on return to here.

It can be terminal ,belive you me!:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

it must be wonderful to live in a free country , its when you see things like this you realize what a dreadful country ireland has degenerated into in the past decade :( .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 OldEyes

There’s a lot to be said for respecting the individual, allowing him/her wide personal freedom to do as they please, how they please, so far as it doesn’t infringe on the rights of others and then punish each individual crime if and when it occurs instead of trying to pre-empt every possible crime by removing the “perceived” causes and means, and by restricting the pastimes and activities of law abiding citizens. Especially when the citizens of said country, not one hundred years ago, fought and died to secure wider personal freedoms for themselves and there descendants.

This can be applied to a lot in this country at the moment, but I am of course specifically referring to the shooting sports.

Advertisement