Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the CCNA difficult?

Options
  • 24-01-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

This is for those that have done the CCNA exam, passed or not. How do those who have conquered it find the CCNA?

Is it a difficult or moderate exam?

Can you self-study, or is it better to do a training course?

Is it a trusted and respected certification, obviously you can go higher to CCNP, CCIE but the CCNA in itself, is it repected?

Do you reccomend (like a few have) purchasing Cisco hardware to help, is it truly necessary?

The training software out there, like TrainSignal and CBT nuggets, which do people think are good?

Any tips or pointers from anyone?

I want to do it and complete it this year and find myself asking lots of questions in my head about what the structure is, where should I do it, should I just use books, how quickly can I do it, how quickly SHOULD I do it etc.

I hope you can help out.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Its not that difficult if you have studied and understand the material .... trainsignal, cbt nuggets and Todd Lamells books are very good.

A lab is not required unless you fell you would like to get more hands on with the cabling side of things, a sim will do just fine for learning the CLI.

As for respect, well it probably has not suffered as much as the MCP exams but it is still an entry level exam. It wont get you a job but it will help in getting an inteview.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭johnmacward

Thanks, I never even noticed it. All my questions seem to be asked there already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

I found it relatively easy,not being a networking professional I did struggle with some concepts and its good to have someone in the know explain things..that said I found the Cisco Press books with Boson exam sims excellent.Also I did buy some cisco gear, packet tracer or other sims can only do so much..I also found it easy to sell on after..
    I question the value of a CCNA for a real network job,u might get a 1st level helpdesk job but without previous on-the job experience it really is at an entry level cert.(as its intended).
    There are also some great websites out there check howtonetwork.com
    he has vids on youtube and access to the site is cheap..and also 9tut.com for when the exams are approaching..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 thejanitor

Its not to bad as long as you write the Cisco answers and NOT the correct ones! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement