Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Pigeon Shooting and Archery

Options
  • 24-01-2010 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Are there any places in County Dublin or in Meath that do clay pigeon shooting and archery, preferably somewhere with a castle background etc....

Also has anyone been to the Balbriggan shooting ground and what its like. Thinking of a corporate event.

Cheers for the help

TVR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Try http://www.courtlough.ie.
    Very professional grounds.
    No castle though.

You could also try the Shooting forum for their expert opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Contact the leinster clay pigeon shooting association

http://www.icpsa.ie/provinces/leinster/index.1.html

Or drop a line to Cian Merne, the secretary
    lcpsahonsec@eircom.net

I am sure he can provide you with a list of clubs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

courtlough is excellent, as for a 'castle' in the background: Ardgillan is only a few minutes away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Hi TVR

In my old job I organised a clay pigeon shoot at Courtlough and I found them very, very professional. There were men and women in the group and we also had the option of archery and other activities.

The day went along the lines of a mini-coach to Courtlough from Dublin city centre. Sign in and registration; training; clay pigeon shoot & a small competition amongst the participants. I then had the mini-coach bring everyone back to Malahide where I had after-shoot drinks for the guests followed by a meal in a local restaurant.

Before anyone asks - I brought everyone back to Malahide as it was the closest DART station so it dispensed with the need to hold onto the coach and everyone was free to leave when they pleased. Most guests were from the southside.

I would definitely recommend Courtlough; after all if the Irish team train there it must be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

Thanks guys, really appreciate the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'll also second Courtlough. Spent a few great days out there and was very impressed with the overall set-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

Courtlough is awesome.

Me and my friends went up for some .22 scope shooting. Great fun.

*pew* *pew* *pew*

Advertisement