Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

18th party venues cork

Options
  • 24-01-2010 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hey guys need some advice,
    planning on having an 18th birthday party and looking for a good venue in cork. anyone any ideas? preferably somewhere that wouldnt be too strict on i.d's as many of my friends arent 18 yet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Here

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Pebbles10 wrote: »
    hey guys need some advice,
    planning on having an 18th birthday party and looking for a good venue in cork. anyone any ideas? preferably somewhere that wouldnt be too strict on i.d's as many of my friends arent 18 yet

If its a room in a pub or a small hall most places will have a security guy on the door and they will check ID's. Some pubs like the Bishopstown bar will check id's and those who aren't 18 get some sort of wristband and the bar people will check to see if you have one.(If the security see with yours taken off you are gone)

Good luck with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Would you not think of having it at home,
    Hire in a DJ and buy some drink, Might be a good option if a lot of your friends are under 18. The party can go all night aswell depending where you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Where abouts do you live? Like a general location? I like "Bishopstown Bar" - for an 18th recently the bouncer put a stamp on the hands of over 18s that night so they were lenient on a younger crowd :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

honestly you are looking at either home or try planet entertainment blackpool (they have bowling, pool, arcade games and a bar), that or have 2 parties, one for over 18's in a pub, and one for everyone at the cinema.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Ho chi feen

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Where abouts do you live? Like a general location? I like "Bishopstown Bar" - for an 18th recently the bouncer put a stamp on the hands of over 18s that night so they were lenient on a younger crowd :)

Ugh for the love of God have it in town, The Bailey or The Wash etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I had mine in town, I was just giving an idea! jeez!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 osull don

Looking for party ideas for my 6 year old, want to have her party at home, thinking of a magician, both boys and girls will be coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Wow. The OP must be planning their 21st now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The Sextant is very accommodating I hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

gimmick wrote: »

I was just about the recommend the sextant as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

gimmick wrote: »
    pa990 wrote: »
    I was just about the recommend the sextant as well.

Tis a bit packed at the weekends for a group of 6 year olds, they get pretty rowdy after a few pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

The Wash? Are there 4 people coming to the party? Great bar but its not a party venue. Hate the Bailey but it's a better alternative.

Advertisement