Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for any engineers in Oz

Options
  • 24-01-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭

Did any of you get accredited with Engineers Australia?

Is it important/beneficial for getting work?

I'm heading out later in the year and was wondering whether i should organise this now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

I would like to know this too.
    I would also like to get my Diploma in Engineering recognised and find out what the equivalent is. (They do have Diploma's there but only 2yr ones, not 3 like mine).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I would like to know this too.
    I would also like to get my Diploma in Engineering recognised and find out what the equivalent is. (They do have Diploma's there but only 2yr ones, not 3 like mine).

They have the procedures for getting the various qualifications accredited over there in the Engineers Australia Website. Yours should come under the Sydney accord, just check that the course you did is listed on Engineers Ireland as accredited.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cormaclynch

I got my Civil Engineering degree recognised by them but only as it was necessary as part of my 175 visa.

Had to write 3 career epsiodes for it....load or rubbish really but if anyone is ever in the same position and needs to write them drop me a line and I'll send anyone what I submitted

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Lu Tze wrote: »
    They have the procedures for getting the various qualifications accredited over there in the Engineers Australia Website. Yours should come under the Sydney accord, just check that the course you did is listed on Engineers Ireland as accredited.

Thanks for that, good bit of info on that site. Mine does, and is recognised by them. Did it in DIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I got my Civil Engineering degree recognised by them but only as it was necessary as part of my 175 visa.

Had to write 3 career epsiodes for it....load or rubbish really but if anyone is ever in the same position and needs to write them drop me a line and I'll send anyone what I submitted

Do you think it was a benefit when going for jobs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cormaclynch

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Do you think it was a benefit when going for jobs?

I'm just in my final stages of getting my visa so still in Ireland. Hopefully get it within the month so I might be able to help you in a few months when I get there!

As I said before it was a pre requisite for the 175 visa that I got my degree accredited with Engineers Australia. To be honest I doubt it would make any difference. They'd be more interested in your experience. I know a few engineers who went out on WHV and never got their degrees certified with engineers australia and they had no probs getting jobs.

If I didn't have to get it certified I wouldn't bother.

Advertisement