Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lustral and wellbutrin

Options
  • 24-01-2010 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

hi anyone on wellbutrin as well as another anti-d?
    have been on many many anti-ds over the last 17 years. Once I come off I go down again, and each one seems to stop working after a while. Lustral was ok but I lacked moyivation and enjoyed nothing and was very antisocial.
    I am now on 200mg lustral and 150mg wellbutrin daily.

The wellbutrin was only added this week, so I was hoping to hear if anyone out there had experience with taking two. Also I have terrible weight gain from anti-ds which in itself gets me down.

I would love to just feel normal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

noah45 wrote: »
    hi anyone on wellbutrin as well as another anti-d?
    have been on many many anti-ds over the last 17 years. Once I come off I go down again, and each one seems to stop working after a while. Lustral was ok but I lacked moyivation and enjoyed nothing and was very antisocial.
    I am now on 200mg lustral and 150mg wellbutrin daily.

The wellbutrin was only added this week, so I was hoping to hear if anyone out there had experience with taking two. Also I have terrible weight gain from anti-ds which in itself gets me down.

I would love to just feel normal.

17 years is a long time, it is a psychiatrist your seeing not a GP I presume. Depressive symptoms can be quite complex, clearly they are in your case. I guessing you have tried some form of psychotherapy over the years, did this help in anyway? Would you consider trying it again? I'm not saying you don't need the meds in case anyone thinks this is the case, but maybe engaging in therapy again may improve your quality of life.

And I don't know what your diagnosis is, and you may not be happy with stating this on the net. However, I know a bit about mental health services in Ireland. If you where a relative of mine I would not be happy with you just being on the anti-ds for such a long time. You may be getting your treatment for the same service for that amount of time, I would suggest maybe trying a different service as another opinion.

Sorry I can't be of help to you around the meds question, but maybe the above may be of some use, or maybe you have tried all those options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭deadpoet

I've just had wellbutrin (zyban) added to Cymbalta this week after being on Cymbalta for two years. The Cymbalta was a life saver at first - it took three months to kick in so thats what I'm giving Wellbutrin before I give it the metaphorical boot. How have you been getting on?

Its desperate times at this stage...

Advertisement