Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ravage's Savage Log!

Options
  • 24-01-2010 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Ok so been putting it off for years to sort my self out and seem to be on the right track now!

Over all goal is to loss the excess fat, at least 3 stone by may which i think is achievable, Hoping to start the stronglifts 5x5 next month once the I've done my current program that was given to me in the gym and i would like to start playing rugby next September. Used to play till i was 16 and just gave it up! Stupid me :o

Sex: male
    Age 23
    Height 5' 9"
    Starting weight was: 274lbs
    As of yesterday it's 262.2lbs

Have changed my diet since pretty much the last week of Christmas, 4 to 5 meals spread out between the day, Whole non processed foods etc, for the most past anyway!

Gym starts off with 10 mins on Recumbant Bike, 10 mins on cross-trainer with intervals and 2k on the rowing machine.

Leg press 3x10 150kg
    Chest press 3x10 40kg
    Lat Machine 3x10 40kg
    Shoulder Press 3x10 35kg

Then 5 mins on Some more cardio

Going to get one of the instructors to show me some free weights during the week!

Comments

Good luck with this man. You seem to have the diet side sorted out, and from what I hear on here from other people, that's the hardest part.

When you move from machine weights to free weights, you certainly feel it. At least I did. Thought I was a real hard man doing my 75kg on the 'Pec Deck', with free weights, I do 5x5 at 8kg for a bicep curl and I can feel my arms crying.

That leg press looks good, though. I must see if there's someway I can manipulate a machine or area in my gym to do that. Looks like a great exercise.

If you're gonna move over to Free Weights, I recommend taking a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSby1UUhyts

It's probably the cheesiest video in the exercising world, but personally, I found it great as a way of discovering and trying out a few different exercises and seeing them repeated for a few seconds gives you a good idea as to how they should be performed. You may think it's useless, but I found it quite useful.

Anyway, I'm in almost the same position as you, so I won't waffle on much more as I have no real insight into the exercising world, except for what I do myself, and probably shouldn't be giving other people advice :P

Cheers for linking to that Stronglifts 5x5 in my log though. I'm gonna look into that myself. Looks like it could be good. Cheers.

Best of luck man.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

That link was pretty cheesy all right!

I ordered a Starting Strength so i can get my technique right for squats, deadlifts etc. Hoping to start Proper weights program from next week or maybe a little later! Getting a bit bored of the program I was given. I have increased the levels and weights since i started it but been doing it for 2 weeks now, need to mix it up. Part of joining the gym was a session with a personal trainer, so might just wait till i have that.

Gym Yeterday was pretty much the same as sunday,

Monday 25/01/10
    15 mins on Recumbant Bike
    10 mins on cross-trainer with intervals
    2k on the rowing machine.

Leg press 3x10 150kg
    Chest press 3x10 40kg
    Lat Machine 3x10 45kg
    Shoulder Press 3x10 35kg

Diet was 10.15 scrambled eggs and 2 slices of wholegrain bread toasted
    gym at half 11
    13.30 bowl of home made veg soup
    15.30 apple and bannna
    18.00 was chicken breast boiled, broccoli, carrots and 2 spuds

Over 2 liters of water day.

I'll be hitting the gym from 3'ish today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

You seem to be eating little (but well), especially on a gym going day. That may not be sustainable.

That might just be me though. I'm a 80kg eating machine.

Sangre wrote: »
    You seem to be eating little (but well), especially on a gym going day. That may not be sustainable.

That might just be me though. I'm a 80kg eating machine.

Well since I've broken up the meals over the day and started eating breakfast, I don't feel hungry during the day but if I do miss a meal I start to feel hungry!!

Maybe i could add some more to the Diet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

If you're genuinely not hungry and you're not low on energy all the time then don't worry about it. If you are hungry though don't feel guilty if you want to grab some fruit, youghuty, nuts etc.

• Advertisement

Sangre wrote: »
    If you're genuinely not hungry and you're not low on energy all the time then don't worry about it. If you are hungry though don't feel guilty if you want to grab some fruit, youghuty, nuts etc.

I'm not low on energy, in fact since going to the gym i feel i have more!! Thanks for the advice mate!

Took yesterday off.

Today I Missed my bus to college so got to go for an early work out and catch the next one and then when i went for the next bus i forgot my wallet, so think i'll take the day off and get started on some assignments.

Wednesday 27/01/10

5 mins on Recumbant Bike
    2k on the rowing machine

Leg press 3x10 150kg
    Chest press 3x10 45kg
    Lat Machine 3x10 45kg
    Shoulder Press 3x10 35kg

Was speaking to one of the guys in work who's in the same gym as me and he said he would start doing squats, bench press, deadlifts with me! So Starting that Sunday morning with him! Looking forward to it!

Missed the gym yesterday becuase of college and work. Be heading straight to it after college today. Food wise yesterday was

07.00 2 weetabix
    11.00 2 scrambled eggs
    16.30 chicken curry with brown rice and
    20.00 salad wrap

Waiting on starting strength to come through the door now in a few days!

Friday the 29/01/10

5 mins on Recumbant Bike
    20 mins on cross-trainer with intervals
    1.5k on the rowing machine

Leg press 3x10 150kg
    Chest press 3x10 45kg
    Lat Machine 3x10 45kg
    Shoulder Press 3x10 35kg

Today was

10 mins on Recumbant Bike
    2k on the rowing machine

Leg press 3x10 160kg
    Chest press 3x10 45kg
    Lat Machine 3x10 45kg
    Shoulder Press 3x10 40kg

Been pretty much doing the same thing for last 3 weeks! Going to start the Couch-to-5K Running Plan from tomorrow and that'll be some thing else to aim for!

But today was

15 mins on Recumbant Bike
    15 mins on cross-trainer with intervals
    1.5k on the rowing machine

Leg press 3x10 160kg
    Chest press 3x10 45kg
    Lat Machine 3x10 45kg
    Shoulder Press 3x10 40kg

Tuesday 02/01/10

Couch to 5k plan!

Ended up doing it for 45 mins, really enjoyed it for some reason! Guess i was just feed up of my regular routine!

Took day of Wendesday

Today did couch to5k again for 45 mins and some weights!

Leg press 3x10 160kg
    Chest press 3x10 45kg
    Lat Machine 3x10 45kg
    Shoulder Press 3x10 40kg

• Advertisement

Weight myself today so have lost 14lbs since the start of January, even had A few people asking me did i loose some weight! Nice boost to the confidence :D!

Started a weights program with a friend today, Spent good hour and half going through it and making sure i was doing it properly but i can't remember what most of the the exercise were called, except the bench press! May bring a note pad next time!

Tomorrows plan is to do couch to 5k plan again!

Prettty stiff from yesterdays weights session but just back from doing C25k and it seems to have helped!

30m minutes of walking 90 seconds @ 5km and 90 seconds of jogging at 9.5km

Advertisement