Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any idea on how to have a b.day party at home for a 6year old

Options
  • 24-01-2010 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

my son's birthday is coming up next mont.am new in dublin 15.any ideas to make the day special n fun would be v helpful please.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

What about hiring in a bouncing castle (depending on weather, of course) or face painter?

Other things you could organise yourself are something like treasure hunts, or other similar party games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 shayan

The bouncing castle is the best thing,all kids love it,but alas!t's so weather dependent.I liked your face painting n treasure hunt ideas,thanks.think i will hire some one professional.Any info on where i could get a package which covers all.
    moreover,need tips on food.all kids have diff likes n dislikes.what would be suitable.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Kids tend to like stuff like rice crispie buns,biscuits such as the cadbury chocolate fingers, a small amount of crisps, cocktail sausages, stuff that they can pick up and run around with in their hands as opposed to have to stand/ at a table and eat. 'Proper' food like sandwiches or big muffins/buns tend not to go down well, in general.

A novelty birthday cake is always good - like a chocolate hedgehog cake, thomas the tank engine, pokémon, other cartoon characters are always good. Just make sure that when you cut it you cut it into small pieces so that they can pick it up in their hands and move around with it. You should be able to find recipes for novelty cakes on the net easily enough.

Don't have any recommendations for face painters, etc. - sorry! - but you should be able to find someone in your general locality by looking up the golden pages or google, or even by speaking to some of the parents in your locality.

Oh, I know it's really noisy for the adults, but kids tend to love those party blowers. Bubbles can also go down well, as can party hats and crackers (Christmasy, I know, but they still like them).

Advertisement