Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Increase computer memory?

• 24-01-2010 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

I have a Toshiba Equium M70-339 and 1GB of RAM (two slots of 512MB), but I'd like to increase that and I don't know anything about this. Are there certain types of memory only compatable with certain computers or will anything do? I'd ideally like to get something like 3GB if possible, but I don't know if there's a limit on how much I can increase it by.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Alliandre wrote: »
    I have a Toshiba Equium M70-339 and 1GB of RAM (two slots of 512MB), but I'd like to increase that and I don't know anything about this. Are there certain types of memory only compatable with certain computers or will anything do? I'd ideally like to get something like 3GB if possible, but I don't know if there's a limit on how much I can increase it by.
    Check out www.crucial.com

You can either enter the details or they will scan your machine for you and tell you what memory type you need. You can buy it from them aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

max you can put in is 2gb 2 x 1 gb

• Toshiba Equium M70 339 MAX RAM: 2GB
    • This Equium has memory slots/sockets: 2
    • Upgrade Size: 1GB
    • Memory Kit: 1x 1GB
    • Module PIN count: 200-PIN
    • Memory Generation: DDR2
    • Module Speed: PC2-4200, DDR2-533
    • MHz of Module: 533MHz
    • Latency of Module: CL4
    • Your Toshiba Equium DIMM Type: SODIMM, SO-DIMM, Small Outline DIMM

Here's direct link to your memory on crucial.com

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Equium%20M70%20Series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Toshiba Equium M70-339 - with Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition. Whats the point of upgrading RAM when the OS will never use it.

Windows XP 32 bit can access 2 Gb RAM

• Advertisement

It can. What I said was it will never use it. Which is true.

maybe not but other applications will, you don't just run the operating system

IrishTonyO wrote: »
    maybe not but other applications will, you don't just run the operating system

True. I wonder if the OP is using photoshop or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Alliandre

Thanks for the replies.

1GB is fine for normal everyday use, but I often need to have a lot of programs open and that slows it down a lot.

Advertisement