Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milan Derby

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Fergie will have enjoyed that. Although United can't be complacent as Milan have a habit of doing well in the Champions League even when they're awful domestically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Gosh, I wasn't expecting that performance. Very poor from Milan, who apparently had an extra man for a large part of the game. You never would have known. This game has soothed my nerves somewhat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Seedorf did nothign when he came on.
    Beckham was lazy as sin and played way too many balls to nobody.
    Pirlo had an absolute nightmare.
    Favalli was, as always, useless.
    Ronaldinho was terrible for most of the match.

Abate had a good game besides the first goal.

Dida had a good game.

Inter ran their balls off, fair play to them, if Milan are going to play that bad then Inter deserve the league, never mind the 3 points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Bukman13 wrote: »
    Hasn't he missed 2 penos now in his last 4 games?

yes.

Did the EXACT same thing against Genoa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Headshot wrote: »
    he cant give ye money because he's the pm

that's what i heard anyway

You heard wrong. He has had to tighten the belt because he was on the losing end of a court ruling insisting he pay back 500 million euro to entrepreneur De Benedetti, from whom he usurped a publishing company by bribing judges in Rome.

Mediaset (his TV company) is not doing particularly well despite his legislative efforts to stifle competition from Sky.

Beckham is a waste of space. Boriello on his own up front was never going to work.

Internazionale really live up to their name. Not one Italian player in the starting 11. How their supporters put up with it I don't know. What an odious president. To think I would shout for Berlusconi's team of the mercenaries is really saying something. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Seaneh wrote: »
    yes.

Did the EXACT same thing against Genoa.

Pirlo should be taking them, don't think i've seen him miss one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Whenever a team looks like they might threaten Inter's hold on serie A, they just get crushed. It happened to Roma a couple of times, I remember when they had started the season in incredible form, played Inter in the Olimpico, and got hammered 4 or 5-1.

It's now happened to Milan twice in the one season. I can imagine this will take a while to get over for them. Inter have pretty much wrapped up the Scudetto and it's still only January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Internazionale really live up to their name. Not one Italian player in the starting 11.

Santon is Italian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

el rabitos wrote: »
    Santon is Italian.

One out of eleven is still poor.

It's just my loathing for Inter coming through. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

where can i watch this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

Seaneh wrote: »
    Seedorf did nothign when he came on.
    Beckham was lazy as sin and played way too many balls to nobody.
    Pirlo had an absolute nightmare.
    Favalli was, as always, useless.
    Ronaldinho was terrible for most of the match.

Abate had a good game besides the first goal.

Dida had a good game.

Inter ran their balls off, fair play to them, if Milan are going to play that bad then Inter deserve the league, never mind the 3 points.

I dont know what game you were watching, but Seedorf clearly had an influence at the start of second half. Most chances came thorugh him. Abate had a terrible game, he made lots of mistakes not only for first goal. He was indecisive and never commited himself for any ball, letting it bounce at every opportunity.
    Dida was great in the game.
    I still think Manchester United have to something to worry about. Everyone is talking about Pato, Ronaldinho, Beckham, but there is one player who is working tirelessly all season, and who is scoring.....Borriello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

AC Milan did not show up tonight.

think they will still prove tough opponent for United next month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/01/24/1759777/inter-could-have-won-with-seven-players-on-the-pitch-against

Inter Could Have Won With Seven Players On The Pitch Against Milan - Jose Mourinho

Having watched it I honestly would have to agree with him. Milan could have played for hours and not scored, typified by Ronnies bad penalty. They were terribly slow getting support to Borriello, pretty much non existant. The attack was laboured with no urgency to speak of, even with the numberical advantages and the prospect of the scudetto. If that couldn't motivate them to get a better performance than that, they have no hope. Inter really have no competition after that game.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

One out of eleven is still poor.

It's just my loathing for Inter coming through. :o

and Ballotelli (sp)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Italian football = slow and boring

Well Mystic Meg, what are this weeks Lottery numbers? That game last night was anything but slow and boring!

Advertisement