Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blurry photos using SLR.

• 24-01-2010 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

I've had a Phenix SLR for 7 years and never had any problem with it until recently. About half the photos I get developed now are blurry. I've noticed it's most likely to occur when the focus is at infinity or if I'm taking something in dull lighting (not dusk, just on a cloudy day). Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be or how I could fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

When you are taking the photo does your lens appear to focus ok? I mean do you see tru the lens that you are correctly focussed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Alliandre

Yeah it does seem a bit weird sometimes when I look through it, although I didn't really think anything of it at the time cause I thought it was just something on the viewfinder.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Do you have more than one lens?

If so, is the problem there when using other lenses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Have you ruled out Parkinson's?

Could you post (full-sized) images? Is the blur consistent and localized or is it affecting the entire image?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Could it be your dioptre adjustment is off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

originally posted by Fenster:
    Have you ruled out Parkinson's?

I know I shouldn't laugh, and yet...

Sorry I have nothing constructive to say. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Alliandre wrote: »
    I've had a Phenix SLR for 7 years and never had any problem with it until recently. About half the photos I get developed now are blurry. I've noticed it's most likely to occur when the focus is at infinity or if I'm taking something in dull lighting (not dusk, just on a cloudy day). Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be or how I could fix it?

did you use a 50mm with the phenix? are u using a zoom with the dslr on auto mode?

I only have one lens and it's a 50mm. And it's an SLR, so it's film not digital. I've attached a couple of images and the blur does seem to be throughout the whole picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I had that happen intermittently with my Canon EF-50mm f/1.8 II. And then the front fell off.

Borrow, beg or steal another lens to see if the blur is repeated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Looking at those two images, it could just be camera shake.

What shutter speed were you using?

• Advertisement

I can't remember what shutter speed I used. If it was just a couple of pictures that came out like that, I'd say it was camera shake or I messed up with the settings. But half of them are like that and it's only a recent occurance.

Advertisement