Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2010 *Read first post before posting*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Rebal4eva101

CONSTRUCTION PLEASE??????

HELP

PM me or anything please!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 iWeeze

Hey, I'm struggling to wade through the mire that is this thread and as far as I can tell, all I'm finding is DEB so if anyone has Irish Paper 2 OL EC and would like to post it or PM, I would appreciate you and buy you flowers.

Edit; Think I found it, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Would really appreciate if anybody has some info on this as it will be a massacre if I don't have some idea of whats coming up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Chelsea 112

any have examcraft pass chemistry no1 seems to have it? can give physics eng paper 1+2 lcvp n return

• Registered Users Posts: 16 d3athstar

Credits go to the people that posted this:D,
    I'm just redistributing them since some people are too lazy to search the thread.
    Physics HL examCRAFT (Barcode + Tick)
    Spoiler:
    Section A-answer 3
    Q1-Momentum/Velocity Collision of two bodies(air track/ticker tape)
    Q2-Glass Block Snells Law etc {graph}
    Q3-Fundamental Frequency of string{graph}
    Q4-Electrical Resistance{graph}

Section B-answer 5
    Q5-short questions answer 8
    Q6-Scalars/Vectors
    Q7-Resonance and stuff on sound
    Q8-Radioactive Decay (i haven't covered this yet)
    Q9-Capacitance/Resistance
    Q10-Particle Accelerator thing?
    Q11-Heat/Temperature
    Q12-Pressure+Total Internal Reflection+Photoelectric effect+Electromagnetic Induction (do 2)

Maths Paper 1 HL examCRAFT
    part (b) (ii) in Q7.... differentiate tan-inverse(sinx)
    Ok so, turns out I'm doing Examcraft papers. Paper 2 wen t awful today, cant believe it.

As for that arc tan9sin x) question. Here it is(AFAIK):

y=tan^-1(sin x)

dy/dx= 1/1+sinX by cosX(derivative of sinX)
    =>cosX/1+sinX

Isnt that how its done? cos the derivative of arc tan is 1 over 1+whatever else is there,
    then have to multiply it by the derivative of that number/thing.

That 3-D triangle problem was actually quite easy, got that and the product of the Cos thing.
    How do you do the limit part? I did attempt it as best I could
    but i only had one point!!! It was the stupidest question ive ever seen!!

Now, sub this into the actaul equation and you get:

2(t/2)^3+p(t/2)+p which according to the theorm should equal zero.

Therefore, after multiplying t/2 into the equation, we get:

(2t^3/8)+(pt/2)+p=0

Multiply by 8:

2t^3+4pt+8p=0

Divide by 2:

t^3+2pt+4p=0

Now, subtract by t^3....2pt+4p=-t^3
    Factorise: p(2t+4)=t^3
    Divide by (2t+4)....p=-t^3/(2t+4)....p=-t^3/2(t+2)

Hope that helps.

Maths HL Paper 1 Examcraft
    Spoiler: q1
    (a)Write in simplest form x3 - 3x2 all over x3 - 9x (thats x qubed by the way....i couldnt find the lower case on this keyboard)
    (b)(i) Find range of values of x for which
    2/x-1/>/x-1/ (/ is a modulus sign)
    (ii) Given that alfa and beta are the roots of the equation
    x2 - px + 5 = 0 where p>0
    If alfa squared + beta squared = 39, find the value of p
    two b parts are straight forward matrices and part c is all bout general polar form....
    think the question was to find the root of z(to the power of 4) = 8
    answer was somethin like +2i and -2i i think

QUESTION 1
    (a) (i) Write in its simplest form:
    x^3 - 3x^2 (all over) x^3 - 9x

b) (i) Find the range of values of x for which 2|x-1|>|x+1|.

(ii) Given that alpha and beta are the roots of the equation
    x^2 - px + 5 = 0 where p > 0
    If alpha^2 + beta^2 = 39, find the value of p.

(c) Given f(x) = ax^3 + x^2 + bx + c, where a,b,c are elements of R,
    If f(3) = 0 and f(2) = ),

(i) find a quadratic factor of f(x)
    (ii) By dividing f(x) by this quadratic factor, express b and c in terms of a.
    (iii) If f(1) = -30, find the value of a.

QUESTION 2
    (a) Solve: (all of this is under a square root sign) 3^2x-1 (the 2x-1 is all the power) = 1/27. x is an element of R.

(b) (i) Solve: 2e^2x - 3e^x - 2 = 0. Let u=e^x

(ii) The quadratic equation
    (2k-3)x^2 + 2x + (k-1) = 0, k a constant, has real roots.
    Find the range of values of k.

(c) Given f(x) = x/x+a, x is an element of R, a is an element of R, x does not equal -a.

(i) Show that f(-2a-x) = 2-f(x), for all x€R, a€R, x does not equal -a. (euro sign for element!)

(ii) Simplify f(q) - f(p).

(iii) Hence, show that if -a < p < q and a>0
    f(q) - f(p) > 0.

QUESTION 3
    (a) Let z = 3+2i where i^2 = -1.
    Find the value of t, t€R, if z^2 + tz is real.

(b) okay.... how the hell do I do matrices on this.... I'll use the / to show what number is over the other,
    but don't forget it's not a fraction for all of question 3 lol!

(i) If M(13/-7 -4/3) = (4/-1 3/2), find M in the form (a/c b/d)

(ii) Show that M^2 - (a+d)M + (ad - bc)I = O, where I = (1/0 0/1) and O = (0/0 0/0)

(c) Use de moivres theorem to find the roots of the equation z^4 + 16 = 0, in the form a+bi, where z€C.

QUESTION 4
    (a) In an arithmetic sequence, the third term is four times the first term, and the sixth term is 17.
    Find:
    (i) The first term
    (ii) the common difference

(b) Given the infinite geometric series:
    3 + 6(1+x) + 12(1+x)^2 + ...

(i) Express S8 in terms of x.
    (ii) For what range of values of x does the series have a finite sum?

A sequence of positive terms, u1,u2,u3....un,un+1.... i defined by
    Un+1 = v2 + (Un)^2 (v is the best square root sign I could find lol)

(iii) Express Un in terms of Un+1
    (iv) If u3 = 2v5 calculate u1.

(c) u1,u2,u3 are three terms in a geometric sequence.
    u1 + u2 +u3 = 26
    u3 - u1 = 16
    Find the two possible sequences satisfying these conditions.

QUESTION 5
    (a) Solve the equation:
    x-vx+3 = 3, x€R.

(b) (i) The term independant of x in the expansion if (3x + a/x^2)^12, where a>0, is 495.
    Calculate the value of a.

(ii) Given that
    log(base a)y = 2log(base a)3 + log(base a)4+1,
    express y in terms of a.

(c) Prove by induction that 5^2x+1 (2x+1 all a power) + 7^n is divisible by 6, n€N.

QUESTION 6
    (a) Differentiate with respect to x:
    (i) (2x^2 - 5x + 1)^20
    (ii) x.e^x

(b) (i) Given that y=tan^-1 x/4, 0<Y< p (pi), find dy/dx

(ii) f(x) = log(base e)(x+1/x-1)
    If f(little 1)(x) = k/x^2 + c, find the value of k and the value of c.

(c) y = x^3 - 6x^2 +9x +k, k a constant.

(i) Determine the local maximum and local minimum points of this curve in terms of k.
    (ii) Find also the point of inflection, in terms of k.

QUESTION 7
    (a) given f(x) = x-1/vx find f(little 1)(4)

(b) (i) Given the curve: £x^2 - y^2 = 5xy^2 - 21
    Find the equation of the tangent at the point (1,2) on the curve.

(ii) Calculate the least positive integer value of k, so that the graph of y = kx^2 - 8x + k does not cut of touch the x axis.
    (there is a graph given with the paper but I've no idea how I'm supposed to draw it here lol sorry!)

(c) A curve is given by the parametric equations
    x = cos?, y = sin2?
    (i) Find dx/d? and dy/d?

(ii) Find the gradient of the curve where ? = pi/6

(iii) Investigate if the Cartesian equation of the curve can be written as:
    y^2 = kx^2(1-x^2) where k is an integer.
    Write down the value of k.

QUESTION 8
    (a) Find
    (i) ?5sinx dx
    (ii) ?(x+1)^2/x dx

(b) Evaluate
    (i) ?v4x + 3 (all under root) dx. (x = 3/2 and 0)
    (ii) ?dx/x^2 +6x +34. (x = 2 and -3.)

(c) The diagram shows part of the graph of y = cos 2x.
    Calculate the area of the shaded region, answer in surd form.
    (sorry cant really put up the graph, it wasn't too hard though.)

Maths Paper 2 HL examCRAFT
    The Line part (c) was linear transformations. There was also a question involving Distance from a point to a line in another part.

A part (c)'s in trig was:

Write Cos3x+Cosx as a product
    Hence Solve Cos 3x+Cosx+Cos2x=0

Part (b) was a 3D triangle problem,

The only proof was Sin2A=2TanA/1+Tan^2A.
    Then you were given Sin2A= 3/4, Find A.

P&S
    (a) 10 people in a group, 5 chosen to go to party, 3 are then chosen to go to cinema. Remaining 2 go shooping,
    What is the number of possible combinations
    Part (C)'s of the prob Q's were:
    (C1)
    A Bag contains 5 red, 4 blue and 6 white, Marbles drawn out without replacement, What is prob that
    (i) First Marble is not Blue
    (ii)The first Red marble drawn is the third marble drawn
    (iii) The First 3 marbles are different Colours
    (iv) At lease one Blue Marble is drawn amongst the first Four marbles drawn.
    (C2)
    One Set is: a,b,c,d
    The mean of this set is X(with the dash on top) and the Standard Deviation is _ (that Symbol that looks like an O)

(i) Express in terms of X(with the dash on top) the mean of the set; 1-a, 1-b,1-c, 1-d,
    (ii) Express in terms of the standard Dev of the first set the deviation of; 1-a, 1-b,1-c, 1-d,

In the Diff Equation of one part(B) you need to use sum and Prod Of Roots.
    The other part(B) was about Days of the week and the prob of people having the same birthday on a day or not etc.....

Q8,(A) easy ratio test to show series is convergent
    (B) Integration by parts of: S LogeXdx
    the second part you were given S LogeXdx = 1, with the integrals "K" and "0" and you had to find "K"

(C) Something about a ladder, I'll try and describe the diagram:
    It was essentially a right angled triangle with the Hyp=10, and the orther two sides X and Y.

(i) express area of the triangle in terms of X
    (ii) The value of X which gives the max area
    (iii)Find Max Area.

English Paper HL 1 and 2 examCRAFT
    Ok well I had English Paper 2 today..the one with the tick and heres what came up:

Spoiler: Poets were Boland,Keats,Kavanagh and Yeats..The Question on Boland was that she feels strongly about certain issues and expresses
    them clearly in her poem..or something along those lines..

Comparitive was vision and viewpoint and literary genre..
    The literary genre question that I did was that authors have distinctive styles and this adds to the readers enjoyment

Lear essay was love as a redemptive force is a strong theme in the play and sibling rivalry

Hope this helps

okey dokey. This is examcraft English paper 1.

Spoiler: Can't remember too much but............
    There was text 1 on euphemisms, the part B of the question was writing a speech to a local radio station
    about the importance of showing respect to others.

Next text was on jogging. The Part A had bits like 'Why does the author feel joggers have contempt for the rest of humanity'
    and 'pick out 4 features of the authors style that appealed to you'. The part B was,
    I THINK, write an article about the dangers of excercising to excess.

The next text was on Jedward and the Celtic Tiger. Didn't do it so can't remember any details.

Then there were 7 compositions. If I remember correctly: (in no particular order)
    1. Write a speech where you outline the importance of political honesty.
    2. Write a short story where the central character is a dreamer.
    3. Write an article (satirical or serious) where you explore the current economic and policial situation in the country.
    4. Write a text prompted by one of the images. (Jedward was an image so was, a celtic tiger cartoon,
    a woman playing cello and a newspaper cartoon about NAMA)

Sat English paper 1 today, had a barcode but wasn't the same as 3_BOoYA_X's one

The theme was Spoiler: attitudes and opinions

First text was on Spoiler: euphemisms
    Second text was on Spoiler: my attitude to running and runners
    Third text was on Spoiler: contemporary opinions (Jedward/Xfactor)

Essay titles were Spoiler: 1 'write a persuasive speech about the importance of political honesty'
    2 'write an opinion piece for a popular magazine on the topic of social snobbery'
    3 'write a person essay on the topic of obsessions'
    4 'write a short story in which the central character is a dreamer'
    5 'write a satirical article for a popular magazine in which you explore the current political and economic situation in Ireland'
    6 'write an article for a school magazine in which you discuss the importance of popular culture in young peoples lives'
    7 'write a short story prompted by one or more of the visuals featured in Text 3'

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fufureida View Post
    Someone! English paper 2! Tick and barcode! Exam craft! please! Help! Im going to suffocate PRESSURE!!!!

Are you sure about that puppet???????
    Spoiler: Bolland Yeats Kavanagh Keats
    Literay Genre and G.V.V
    King lear on sibling rivalry

english examcraftSpoiler:
    ENGLISH PAPER 1 EXAMCRAFT
    Spoiler: TEXT 1 QB "a people who call "garbage men" "sanitation engineers" cant be all bad"
    you have been asked to give a shorttalk on a local radio station about the importance of showing respect to others
    TEXT 2 QB write a short persuasive article in which you give advice about the dangers of exercising or training in excess.
    This article will appear in a sports mag for young people
    TEXT 3 QB Write a letter to the Editor of a newspaper in which you discuss the importance of featuring satirical cartoons and/or caricatures in the paper.
    You might like to make reference to the cartoons that feature in this text (picture of Jedward, celtic tiger,
    Nama, girl playing cello and some government thing.)

COMPOSING - 1 write a persuasive speech about the importance of political honesty
    2 write an opinion piece for a popular magizine on the topic of social snobbery
    3 write a personal essay on the topic of obsessions
    4 write a short story in which the central character is a dreamer
    5 write a satirical article for a popular mag in which you explore the current political and economic situation in ireland
    6 write an article for a school mag in which you discuss the imortance of pop culture in young peoples lives
    7 write a short story prompted by one or more of the visuals featured in TEXT 3

ENG PAPER 2 EXMCRAFt Spoiler: KING LEAR - love as a redemptive force OR the theme of sibling rivalry
    (email beccaface@rocketmail.com for the other questions - im just posting the ones i did)
    VISION AND VIEWPOINT - "the v&v of a text can be conveyed very effectively in key moments of the text"
    (a) discuss this with reference to one key moment in one text (B) compare key moments in other two texts and how effectively v&v was conveyed

OR
    "the author's v&v can be a source of great interest to the reader"

LITERARY GENRE
    "the skill of an author is nowhere more evident than in the creation of convincing and memorable mood/atmosphere.
    This is evident in key moments in the texts" show how this applies to one text. compare how convincingly other two texts are
    OR
    "the use of a distinctive style can make a text particularly enjoyable"

UNSEEN POETRY - ill-wishing him by dorothy nimmo
    write a personal response OR discuss the woman's character and a effective phrase or image

PRESCRIBED POETRY
    TS ELLIOT - memorable language and imagery used to explore themes
    EAVAN BOLAND - feels strongly about certain issues and writes about them in clear and effective way
    KAVANAGH - expresses themes using language and imagery in a distinctive and imaginative way
    YEATS - explores both personal and universal themes in a style which reveals mastery of the poetic craft

Spoiler: SECTION 1 THE SINGLE TEXT

A. WUTHERING HEIGHTS - Emily Bronte
    (i) Discuss the significance of Nelly Dean's role in the novel Wuthering Heights. Support your answer by suitable reference to the text.
    OR
    (ii) "Love can be seen as both a destructive and positive force in the novel Wuthering Heights:'
    Discuss this view of the novel. Support your answer by suitable reference to the text.
    B. DANCING AT LUGHNASA - Brian Friel
    (i) "In his play Dancing at Lughnasa Brian Friel gives us a revealing insight into many aspects of rural life in 1930s Ireland."
    Discuss this view of the play. Support your points by suitable reference to the text.
    OR
    (ii) "Despite moments of lightheartedness, the play Dancing at Lughnasa leaves the reader with a sense of people leading unfulfilled lives."
    Do you agree with this statement? Support your points by suitable reference to the text

C. KING LEAR - William Shakespeare
    (i) "Love as a redemptive force is a major and memorable Theme in the play King Lear."
    Write a response to this statement, supporting your answer by suitable reference to the text.
    Textual support may include reference to a particular performance of the play you have seen.
    OR
    "The play King Lear explores the theme of sibling rivalry in a dramatic and interesting way."
    Write a response to this statement. Support your answer by suitable reference to the text.
    Textual support may include reference to a particular performance of the play you have seen.
    D. THE GRAPES OF WRATH - John Steinbeck
    (i) "In his novel The Grapes of Wrath, Steinbeck gives us a chilling insight into a dark and difficult period in American history."
    Discuss this view of the novel, supporting your answer with the aid of suitable reference to the text.
    OR
    (ii) Write your personal assessment of Tom Joad, outlining the qualities in his character that did or did not appeal to you.
    Support your answer with the aid of suitable reference to the novel.
    E. THE BLACKWATER LIGHTSHIP - Colm Toibin
    (i) "The theme of love is explored in varied and interesting ways in the novel The Blackwater Lightship."
    Discuss this view of the novel, supporting your answer with the aid of suitable reference to the text.
    OR
    (ii) "In his novel The Blackwater Lightship, Colm Toibin is particularly interested in the significant influence of mothers upon their children."

SECTION II
    THE COMPARATIVE STUDY

THE GENERAL VISION AND VIEWPOINT
    "The vision and viewpoint of a text can be conveyed very effectively in key moments of that text."
    (a) With reference to a key moment in one of your texts, how effectively was the author's vision and viewpoint conveyed?

(b) Compare how key moments in two other texts you have studied in your comparative course helped to convey the author's vision and viewpoint effectively.

OR
    "The author's vision and viewpoint can often be a source of great interest to the reader."
    Compare the texts you have studied in your comparative course in the light of the above statement. Support your comparisons by reference to the texts.

B. LITERARY GENRE
    1. "The skill of an author is nowhere more evident than in his/her creation of a
    convincing and memorable mood or atmosphere. This mood or atmosphere is
    often evident in key moments in the texts."
    (a) Show how this statement applies to one of the texts on your comparative
    course.
    (b) In the light of your answer to part
    (a) above, compare how the authors created a convincing and memorable mood or atmosphere in key moments in two other texts on your comparative course.
    OR
    2."The use of a distinctive style can make a text particularly enjoyable."
    In the light of the above statement, compare how the distinctive style of the authors helped to make the texts,
    which you have studied in your comparative course, enjoyable.

B PRESCRIBED POETRY (50 marks)

1. "T. S. Eliot explores themes which are thought-provoking and frequently uses language and imagery which are memorable."
    Do you agree with this assessment of T. S. Eliot? Write a response, supporting your points by reference to the poems you have studied.
    2. "Eavan Boland is a writer who feels strongly about certain issues and writes about them in a clear and effective way."
    Give your response to the poetry of Eavan Boland in the light of this statement. Support your points by reference to the poems you have studied.
    3. "Patrick Kavanagh expresses his themes using language and imagery in a distinctive and imaginative way."
    Do you agree with this assessment of Kavanagh's poetry?' Your answer should focus on both his style and his themes.
    Support your points by reference to the poems you have studied.
    4. "W. B. Yeats explores themes which are of both personal and universal
    significance and does so in a style which reveals his mastery of his poetic craft."
    To what extent do you agree or disagree with this assessment of Yeats' poetry? Support your points by reference to the poems you have studied.

This is English paper 2 examcraft Higher Level

Hope its usefull!

DCG HL Paper examCRAFT
    DCG (Design and Communication Graphics Higher level Examcraft):

Spoiler:
    Short answer questions-
    interpenetration between cone and sphere
    perspective of object with a sloping roof
    you're given focal point, tangent and axis of parabola and you fill in the rest
    skew lines - find perpendicular distance between point and line

Section B-
    complicated interpenetration which I avoided
    Nice planes of reference q where you find dihedral angle
    solids in contact - standard enough, draw cone to touch a cone and sphere

Section C-
    Roads: straight, sloping road to find cut and fill
    2 bore holes were drilled and found top and bottom of stratum at certain depths. determine dip/strike/thickness

Development: you're given a truncated cone's plan and elevation. You've to draw plan and elevation and draw development of curved surface.
    easy question.

3d surfaces: Nasty question! You have a roof which is made of 8 curved roofs, but resembles a circle in plan! In elevation you've to draw it,
    show curved surfaces of 2 and then draw traces of plane which is parallel to a directrix and goes through a certain point!
    (I hate impossible mock questions)

To get the confusion out of the way. DEB has only a barcode, examCRAFT has a barcode and a tick.

again :)
    Credits to the people that posted this, I just collected all of them and posted it as one, since some people are panicking and in need of dire help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ummm

Could you PLEASE let me know what comes up on examcraft geog?!Thanks a million!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Maher08

ummm wrote: »
    Could you PLEASE let me know what comes up on examcraft geog?!Thanks a million!!

Examcraft HL GEOGRAPHY
    These are the Q I answered.
    Physical Geog
    Explain how the Himalayas are still growing with the aid of daigram
    Explain the formation of an irish landform of your choice
    Examine how Man has interacted with the rock cyle with either mining,quarrying,gas/corrib and geothermal energy

Regional
    Map of Ireland
    Map of EU region with primary,secondary and tertiary region
    Cultural differances in sub continental
    Two activites in Irish region
    Primary in a EU region

Geoecology
    Main characteristic of a biome

I answered the economic elective where a Q on MNC, a graph about gas emissions and an os map q

Short Q were on concave,convex,compound slopes, weather, rivers, ariel photo and Os, graph.
    I found them to be very tricky so make sure you look over these

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mkvenner

d3athstar wrote: »
    I'm just redistributing them since some people are too lazy to search the thread.

thats my physics post up there:D

and yeah for those lazy people, theres an easier way to search through the posts than just relying on others or going through every post seperatly.
    just under the boards logo(top right) theres a blue bar with "User CP, FAQ, Community" etc. follow it down and just under quick links there should be "search this thread" button. click it and type in what your looking for and hit enter. Then just like MAGIC all the posts with those key words will come up. youll still have to search through the posts to find the one you want but its alot easier now and there is ALOT less to look through. thats how i found most of mine.

Hope this helps(of course it did)

Also I just did my DCG exam today! what a dissaster! It upsetted me.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 eeefa

Scoobydooo wrote: »
    Have my last exam on thursday and its ECONOMICS, please please please can someone help me out with this ! I can tell you what came up on all my other exams !!

DEB ECONOMICS:
    q1. demand: consumer behaviour, graphs
    q.2 oligopoly
    q.3 elasticity...define the different ones...and then know CED
    q.4 Land...and consequences of the economic downturn, I didn't have it done but it's common knowledge..
    I think international trade and taxation came up too.

SQs:
    tax harmonisation, price discrimination, govt. balance, real rate of tax, rel. of mc and ac curve, free enterprise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 eeefa

and something about
    NAMA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭window_licker

i have OL maths p1 and p2 :eek: tomorrow any hints will be very useful i have one day to study I'm in deep..:(.. need help:confused:

if its DEB i done it. Some of the part C's are easier than the B's? Even question one is slightly more difficult so i would definitly start to study now, u have all night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 xxtwisted_mindx

people i badly need ol biology deb paper if i dont pass im screwed....i have it at nine tomoro....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭JackieRyan

Economics HL DEB for all those who want it in detail.
    Basically SQs were hard. Qs on

Tax Harmonisation
    General Government balance
    Relationship between mc/ac
    Liquidity preference theory
    External economies of scale
    GNP @ CMP and different relations

LQs

Economic good, S+D curves, Changes in S_D curve after D rises. 5 things that effect consumers Demand schedule

Oligopoly, all the general Qs such as LR equilibrium position yada yada yada

Elasticities of Demand. 5 definitions in total, CED formuale calculating mulitpilier really easy

Land / Labour in one Q.

Currency Exchange / International trade )didnt do this one)

Q6 was a variety including Nama, really easy,, and the Central Bank of Ireland

National income was in Q7, all really easy general stuff

Q8 was on stuff ive never done,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Echoes

Does anyone have the HL History Examcraft paper?? Would really appreciate it! Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 king_of_kings

student01 wrote: »
    Your teachers seem to be practically GIVING you the paper :P lol
    Just wondering, in relation to the English paper, you mention examcraft and DEB... but which one is it that you got those exact q's from (i.e the poetry, king lear and paper 1) ? Thanks :)
    thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭JackieRyan

History anyone? HL? Any paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 oisinboyle

need engineering HL and irish paper 2 HL for tomorrow please email me if you have them
    <email snipped>

• Registered Users Posts: 16 d3athstar

uhmm i know somebody posted the dcg papers examCRAFT but can somebody spoil it in a much more specific detail?:)
    i havent had much time to study for dcg because of the project :(

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

uhmm i know somebody posted the dcg papers examCRAFT but can somebody spoil it in a much more specific detail?:)
    i havent had much time to study for dcg because of the project :(

Yeah its the same with everyone, the mocks dont matter though as long as the project went ok. Do what you can but no point stressing.

CONSTRUCTION CONSTRUCTION

IF anyone has sat a construction paper coul they please tell me what the drawings are PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 jabn

Does anyone have the Higher Level DCG DEB paper.I am after searching the whole thread and I can't find it anywhere. If anyone has it could they please e-mail it to me at <snip- please don't post your email address on a public forum> or just tell me whats on it. I really need help and i would really appreciate it. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ciaransingleton

I have MEB construction paper!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Nelly Xx

Physics HL examCRAFT (Barcode + Tick)
    Spoiler:
    Section A-answer 3
    Q1-Momentum/Velocity Collision of two bodies(air track/ticker tape)
    Q2-Glass Block Snells Law etc {graph}
    Q3-Fundamental Frequency of string{graph}
    Q4-Electrical Resistance{graph}

Section B-answer 5
    Q5-short questions answer 8
    Q6-Scalars/Vectors
    Q7-Resonance and stuff on sound
    Q8-Radioactive Decay (i haven't covered this yet)
    Q9-Capacitance/Resistance
    Q10-Particle Accelerator thing?
    Q11-Heat/Temperature
    Q12-Pressure+Total Internal Reflection+Photoelectric effect+Electromagnetic Induction (do 2)

Maths Paper 1 HL examCRAFT
    part (b) (ii) in Q7.... differentiate tan-inverse(sinx)
    Ok so, turns out I'm doing Examcraft papers. Paper 2 wen t awful today, cant believe it.

As for that arc tan9sin x) question. Here it is(AFAIK):

y=tan^-1(sin x)

dy/dx= 1/1+sinX by cosX(derivative of sinX)
    =>cosX/1+sinX

Isnt that how its done? cos the derivative of arc tan is 1 over 1+whatever else is there,
    then have to multiply it by the derivative of that number/thing.

That 3-D triangle problem was actually quite easy, got that and the product of the Cos thing.
    How do you do the limit part? I did attempt it as best I could
    but i only had one point!!! It was the stupidest question ive ever seen!!

Now, sub this into the actaul equation and you get:

2(t/2)^3+p(t/2)+p which according to the theorm should equal zero.

Therefore, after multiplying t/2 into the equation, we get:

(2t^3/8)+(pt/2)+p=0

Multiply by 8:

2t^3+4pt+8p=0

Divide by 2:

t^3+2pt+4p=0

Now, subtract by t^3....2pt+4p=-t^3
    Factorise: p(2t+4)=t^3
    Divide by (2t+4)....p=-t^3/(2t+4)....p=-t^3/2(t+2)

Hope that helps.

Maths HL Paper 1 Examcraft
    Spoiler: q1
    (a)Write in simplest form x3 - 3x2 all over x3 - 9x (thats x qubed by the way....i couldnt find the lower case on this keyboard)
    (b)(i) Find range of values of x for which
    2/x-1/>/x-1/ (/ is a modulus sign)
    (ii) Given that alfa and beta are the roots of the equation
    x2 - px + 5 = 0 where p>0
    If alfa squared + beta squared = 39, find the value of p
    two b parts are straight forward matrices and part c is all bout general polar form....
    think the question was to find the root of z(to the power of 4) = 8
    answer was somethin like +2i and -2i i think

QUESTION 1
    (a) (i) Write in its simplest form:
    x^3 - 3x^2 (all over) x^3 - 9x

b) (i) Find the range of values of x for which 2|x-1|>|x+1|.

(ii) Given that alpha and beta are the roots of the equation
    x^2 - px + 5 = 0 where p > 0
    If alpha^2 + beta^2 = 39, find the value of p.

(c) Given f(x) = ax^3 + x^2 + bx + c, where a,b,c are elements of R,
    If f(3) = 0 and f(2) = ),

(i) find a quadratic factor of f(x)
    (ii) By dividing f(x) by this quadratic factor, express b and c in terms of a.
    (iii) If f(1) = -30, find the value of a.

QUESTION 2
    (a) Solve: (all of this is under a square root sign) 3^2x-1 (the 2x-1 is all the power) = 1/27. x is an element of R.

(b) (i) Solve: 2e^2x - 3e^x - 2 = 0. Let u=e^x

(ii) The quadratic equation
    (2k-3)x^2 + 2x + (k-1) = 0, k a constant, has real roots.
    Find the range of values of k.

(c) Given f(x) = x/x+a, x is an element of R, a is an element of R, x does not equal -a.

(i) Show that f(-2a-x) = 2-f(x), for all x€R, a€R, x does not equal -a. (euro sign for element!)

(ii) Simplify f(q) - f(p).

(iii) Hence, show that if -a < p < q and a>0
    f(q) - f(p) > 0.

QUESTION 3
    (a) Let z = 3+2i where i^2 = -1.
    Find the value of t, t€R, if z^2 + tz is real.

(b) okay.... how the hell do I do matrices on this.... I'll use the / to show what number is over the other,
    but don't forget it's not a fraction for all of question 3 lol!

(i) If M(13/-7 -4/3) = (4/-1 3/2), find M in the form (a/c b/d)

(ii) Show that M^2 - (a+d)M + (ad - bc)I = O, where I = (1/0 0/1) and O = (0/0 0/0)

(c) Use de moivres theorem to find the roots of the equation z^4 + 16 = 0, in the form a+bi, where z€C.

QUESTION 4
    (a) In an arithmetic sequence, the third term is four times the first term, and the sixth term is 17.
    Find:
    (i) The first term
    (ii) the common difference

(b) Given the infinite geometric series:
    3 + 6(1+x) + 12(1+x)^2 + ...

(i) Express S8 in terms of x.
    (ii) For what range of values of x does the series have a finite sum?

A sequence of positive terms, u1,u2,u3....un,un+1.... i defined by
    Un+1 = v2 + (Un)^2 (v is the best square root sign I could find lol)

(iii) Express Un in terms of Un+1
    (iv) If u3 = 2v5 calculate u1.

(c) u1,u2,u3 are three terms in a geometric sequence.
    u1 + u2 +u3 = 26
    u3 - u1 = 16
    Find the two possible sequences satisfying these conditions.

QUESTION 5
    (a) Solve the equation:
    x-vx+3 = 3, x€R.

(b) (i) The term independant of x in the expansion if (3x + a/x^2)^12, where a>0, is 495.
    Calculate the value of a.

(ii) Given that
    log(base a)y = 2log(base a)3 + log(base a)4+1,
    express y in terms of a.

(c) Prove by induction that 5^2x+1 (2x+1 all a power) + 7^n is divisible by 6, n€N.

QUESTION 6
    (a) Differentiate with respect to x:
    (i) (2x^2 - 5x + 1)^20
    (ii) x.e^x

(b) (i) Given that y=tan^-1 x/4, 0<Y< p (pi), find dy/dx

(ii) f(x) = log(base e)(x+1/x-1)
    If f(little 1)(x) = k/x^2 + c, find the value of k and the value of c.

(c) y = x^3 - 6x^2 +9x +k, k a constant.

(i) Determine the local maximum and local minimum points of this curve in terms of k.
    (ii) Find also the point of inflection, in terms of k.

QUESTION 7
    (a) given f(x) = x-1/vx find f(little 1)(4)

(b) (i) Given the curve: £x^2 - y^2 = 5xy^2 - 21
    Find the equation of the tangent at the point (1,2) on the curve.

(ii) Calculate the least positive integer value of k, so that the graph of y = kx^2 - 8x + k does not cut of touch the x axis.
    (there is a graph given with the paper but I've no idea how I'm supposed to draw it here lol sorry!)

(c) A curve is given by the parametric equations
    x = cos?, y = sin2?
    (i) Find dx/d? and dy/d?

(ii) Find the gradient of the curve where ? = pi/6

(iii) Investigate if the Cartesian equation of the curve can be written as:
    y^2 = kx^2(1-x^2) where k is an integer.
    Write down the value of k.

QUESTION 8
    (a) Find
    (i) ?5sinx dx
    (ii) ?(x+1)^2/x dx

(b) Evaluate
    (i) ?v4x + 3 (all under root) dx. (x = 3/2 and 0)
    (ii) ?dx/x^2 +6x +34. (x = 2 and -3.)

(c) The diagram shows part of the graph of y = cos 2x.
    Calculate the area of the shaded region, answer in surd form.
    (sorry cant really put up the graph, it wasn't too hard though.)

Maths Paper 2 HL examCRAFT
    The Line part (c) was linear transformations. There was also a question involving Distance from a point to a line in another part.

A part (c)'s in trig was:

Write Cos3x+Cosx as a product
    Hence Solve Cos 3x+Cosx+Cos2x=0

Part (b) was a 3D triangle problem,

The only proof was Sin2A=2TanA/1+Tan^2A.
    Then you were given Sin2A= 3/4, Find A.

P&S
    (a) 10 people in a group, 5 chosen to go to party, 3 are then chosen to go to cinema. Remaining 2 go shooping,
    What is the number of possible combinations
    Part (C)'s of the prob Q's were:
    (C1)
    A Bag contains 5 red, 4 blue and 6 white, Marbles drawn out without replacement, What is prob that
    (i) First Marble is not Blue
    (ii)The first Red marble drawn is the third marble drawn
    (iii) The First 3 marbles are different Colours
    (iv) At lease one Blue Marble is drawn amongst the first Four marbles drawn.
    (C2)
    One Set is: a,b,c,d
    The mean of this set is X(with the dash on top) and the Standard Deviation is _ (that Symbol that looks like an O)

(i) Express in terms of X(with the dash on top) the mean of the set; 1-a, 1-b,1-c, 1-d,
    (ii) Express in terms of the standard Dev of the first set the deviation of; 1-a, 1-b,1-c, 1-d,

In the Diff Equation of one part(B) you need to use sum and Prod Of Roots.
    The other part(B) was about Days of the week and the prob of people having the same birthday on a day or not etc.....

Q8,(A) easy ratio test to show series is convergent
    (B) Integration by parts of: S LogeXdx
    the second part you were given S LogeXdx = 1, with the integrals "K" and "0" and you had to find "K"

(C) Something about a ladder, I'll try and describe the diagram:
    It was essentially a right angled triangle with the Hyp=10, and the orther two sides X and Y.

(i) express area of the triangle in terms of X
    (ii) The value of X which gives the max area
    (iii)Find Max Area.

English Paper HL 1 and 2 examCRAFT
    Ok well I had English Paper 2 today..the one with the tick and heres what came up:

Spoiler: Poets were Boland,Keats,Kavanagh and Yeats..The Question on Boland was that she feels strongly about certain issues and expresses
    them clearly in her poem..or something along those lines..

Comparitive was vision and viewpoint and literary genre..
    The literary genre question that I did was that authors have distinctive styles and this adds to the readers enjoyment

Lear essay was love as a redemptive force is a strong theme in the play and sibling rivalry

Hope this helps

okey dokey. This is examcraft English paper 1.

Spoiler: Can't remember too much but............
    There was text 1 on euphemisms, the part B of the question was writing a speech to a local radio station
    about the importance of showing respect to others.

Next text was on jogging. The Part A had bits like 'Why does the author feel joggers have contempt for the rest of humanity'
    and 'pick out 4 features of the authors style that appealed to you'. The part B was,
    I THINK, write an article about the dangers of excercising to excess.

The next text was on Jedward and the Celtic Tiger. Didn't do it so can't remember any details.

Then there were 7 compositions. If I remember correctly: (in no particular order)
    1. Write a speech where you outline the importance of political honesty.
    2. Write a short story where the central character is a dreamer.
    3. Write an article (satirical or serious) where you explore the current economic and policial situation in the country.
    4. Write a text prompted by one of the images. (Jedward was an image so was, a celtic tiger cartoon,
    a woman playing cello and a newspaper cartoon about NAMA)

Sat English paper 1 today, had a barcode but wasn't the same as 3_BOoYA_X's one

The theme was Spoiler: attitudes and opinions

First text was on Spoiler: euphemisms
    Second text was on Spoiler: my attitude to running and runners
    Third text was on Spoiler: contemporary opinions (Jedward/Xfactor)

Essay titles were Spoiler: 1 'write a persuasive speech about the importance of political honesty'
    2 'write an opinion piece for a popular magazine on the topic of social snobbery'
    3 'write a person essay on the topic of obsessions'
    4 'write a short story in which the central character is a dreamer'
    5 'write a satirical article for a popular magazine in which you explore the current political and economic situation in Ireland'
    6 'write an article for a school magazine in which you discuss the importance of popular culture in young peoples lives'
    7 'write a short story prompted by one or more of the visuals featured in Text 3'

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fufureida View Post
    Someone! English paper 2! Tick and barcode! Exam craft! please! Help! Im going to suffocate PRESSURE!!!!

Are you sure about that puppet???????
    Spoiler: Bolland Yeats Kavanagh Keats
    Literay Genre and G.V.V
    King lear on sibling rivalry

english examcraftSpoiler:
    ENGLISH PAPER 1 EXAMCRAFT
    Spoiler: TEXT 1 QB "a people who call "garbage men" "sanitation engineers" cant be all bad"
    you have been asked to give a shorttalk on a local radio station about the importance of showing respect to others
    TEXT 2 QB write a short persuasive article in which you give advice about the dangers of exercising or training in excess.
    This article will appear in a sports mag for young people
    TEXT 3 QB Write a letter to the Editor of a newspaper in which you discuss the importance of featuring satirical cartoons and/or caricatures in the paper.
    You might like to make reference to the cartoons that feature in this text (picture of Jedward, celtic tiger,
    Nama, girl playing cello and some government thing.)

COMPOSING - 1 write a persuasive speech about the importance of political honesty
    2 write an opinion piece for a popular magizine on the topic of social snobbery
    3 write a personal essay on the topic of obsessions
    4 write a short story in which the central character is a dreamer
    5 write a satirical article for a popular mag in which you explore the current political and economic situation in ireland
    6 write an article for a school mag in which you discuss the imortance of pop culture in young peoples lives
    7 write a short story prompted by one or more of the visuals featured in TEXT 3

ENG PAPER 2 EXMCRAFt Spoiler: KING LEAR - love as a redemptive force OR the theme of sibling rivalry
    (email beccaface@rocketmail.com for the other questions - im just posting the ones i did)
    VISION AND VIEWPOINT - "the v&v of a text can be conveyed very effectively in key moments of the text"
    (a) discuss this with reference to one key moment in one text (B) compare key moments in other two texts and how effectively v&v was conveyed

OR
    "the author's v&v can be a source of great interest to the reader"

LITERARY GENRE
    "the skill of an author is nowhere more evident than in the creation of convincing and memorable mood/atmosphere.
    This is evident in key moments in the texts" show how this applies to one text. compare how convincingly other two texts are
    OR
    "the use of a distinctive style can make a text particularly enjoyable"

UNSEEN POETRY - ill-wishing him by dorothy nimmo
    write a personal response OR discuss the woman's character and a effective phrase or image

PRESCRIBED POETRY
    TS ELLIOT - memorable language and imagery used to explore themes
    EAVAN BOLAND - feels strongly about certain issues and writes about them in clear and effective way
    KAVANAGH - expresses themes using language and imagery in a distinctive and imaginative way
    YEATS - explores both personal and universal themes in a style which reveals mastery of the poetic craft

Spoiler: SECTION 1 THE SINGLE TEXT

A. WUTHERING HEIGHTS - Emily Bronte
    (i) Discuss the significance of Nelly Dean's role in the novel Wuthering Heights. Support your answer by suitable reference to the text.
    OR
    (ii) "Love can be seen as both a destructive and positive force in the novel Wuthering Heights:'
    Discuss this view of the novel. Support your answer by suitable reference to the text.
    B. DANCING AT LUGHNASA - Brian Friel
    (i) "In his play Dancing at Lughnasa Brian Friel gives us a revealing insight into many aspects of rural life in 1930s Ireland."
    Discuss this view of the play. Support your points by suitable reference to the text.
    OR
    (ii) "Despite moments of lightheartedness, the play Dancing at Lughnasa leaves the reader with a sense of people leading unfulfilled lives."
    Do you agree with this statement? Support your points by suitable reference to the text

C. KING LEAR - William Shakespeare
    (i) "Love as a redemptive force is a major and memorable Theme in the play King Lear."
    Write a response to this statement, supporting your answer by suitable reference to the text.
    OR
    "The play King Lear explores the theme of sibling rivalry in a dramatic and interesting way."
    Write a response to this statement. Support your answer by suitable reference to the text.
    D. THE GRAPES OF WRATH - John Steinbeck
    (i) "In his novel The Grapes of Wrath, Steinbeck gives us a chilling insight into a dark and difficult period in American history."
    OR
    (ii) Write your personal assessment of Tom Joad, outlining the qualities in his character that did or did not appeal to you.
    Support your answer with the aid of suitable reference to the novel.
    E. THE BLACKWATER LIGHTSHIP - Colm Toibin
    (i) "The theme of love is explored in varied and interesting ways in the novel The Blackwater Lightship."
    OR
    (ii) "In his novel The Blackwater Lightship, Colm Toibin is particularly interested in the significant influence of mothers upon their children."

SECTION II
    THE COMPARATIVE STUDY

THE GENERAL VISION AND VIEWPOINT
    "The vision and viewpoint of a text can be conveyed very effectively in key moments of that text."
    (a) With reference to a key moment in one of your texts, how effectively was the author's vision and viewpoint conveyed?

(b) Compare how key moments in two other texts you have studied in your comparative course helped to convey the author's vision and viewpoint effectively.

OR
    "The author's vision and viewpoint can often be a source of great interest to the reader."
    Compare the texts you have studied in your comparative course in the light of the above statement. Support your comparisons by reference to the texts.

B. LITERARY GENRE
    1. "The skill of an author is nowhere more evident than in his/her creation of a
    convincing and memorable mood or atmosphere. This mood or atmosphere is
    often evident in key moments in the texts."
    (a) Show how this statement applies to one of the texts on your comparative
    course.
    (b) In the light of your answer to part
    (a) above, compare how the authors created a convincing and memorable mood or atmosphere in key moments in two other texts on your comparative course.
    OR
    2."The use of a distinctive style can make a text particularly enjoyable."
    In the light of the above statement, compare how the distinctive style of the authors helped to make the texts,
    which you have studied in your comparative course, enjoyable.

B PRESCRIBED POETRY (50 marks)

1. "T. S. Eliot explores themes which are thought-provoking and frequently uses language and imagery which are memorable."
    Do you agree with this assessment of T. S. Eliot? Write a response, supporting your points by reference to the poems you have studied.
    2. "Eavan Boland is a writer who feels strongly about certain issues and writes about them in a clear and effective way."
    Give your response to the poetry of Eavan Boland in the light of this statement. Support your points by reference to the poems you have studied.
    3. "Patrick Kavanagh expresses his themes using language and imagery in a distinctive and imaginative way."
    Do you agree with this assessment of Kavanagh's poetry?' Your answer should focus on both his style and his themes.
    Support your points by reference to the poems you have studied.
    4. "W. B. Yeats explores themes which are of both personal and universal
    significance and does so in a style which reveals his mastery of his poetic craft."
    To what extent do you agree or disagree with this assessment of Yeats' poetry? Support your points by reference to the poems you have studied.

This is English paper 2 examcraft Higher Level

Hope its usefull!

DCG HL Paper examCRAFT
    DCG (Design and Communication Graphics Higher level Examcraft):

Spoiler:
    Short answer questions-
    interpenetration between cone and sphere
    perspective of object with a sloping roof
    you're given focal point, tangent and axis of parabola and you fill in the rest
    skew lines - find perpendicular distance between point and line

Section B-
    complicated interpenetration which I avoided
    Nice planes of reference q where you find dihedral angle
    solids in contact - standard enough, draw cone to touch a cone and sphere

Section C-
    Roads: straight, sloping road to find cut and fill
    2 bore holes were drilled and found top and bottom of stratum at certain depths. determine dip/strike/thickness

Development: you're given a truncated cone's plan and elevation. You've to draw plan and elevation and draw development of curved surface.
    easy question.

3d surfaces: Nasty question! You have a roof which is made of 8 curved roofs, but resembles a circle in plan! In elevation you've to draw it,
    show curved surfaces of 2 and then draw traces of plane which is parallel to a directrix and goes through a certain point!
    (I hate impossible mock questions)

To get the confusion out of the way. DEB has only a barcode, examCRAFT has a barcode and a tick.

again :)
    Credits to the people that posted this, I just collected all of them and posted it as one, since some people are panicking and in need of dire help.
    Hi where did u find those??....im lookn for DEB MathS HL paper2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ciaransingleton

i have MEB.. u want it?

I will take anything to do with construction Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Razzman

PLEASE DOES ANYONE HAVE MATHS OL P1 DEB PLZZZZZZ

EMAIL ME @ <email snipped>

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mkvenner

Nelly Xx wrote: »
    Hi where did u find those??

go back a couple of pages and youll see the original posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 zStephen

Have you got paper two by any chance ? i need it like now xD i have it tmorrow =\

• Registered Users Posts: 7 amjo92

any 1 gots accounting HL examcraft???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Heaso77

Razzman wrote: »
    PLEASE DOES ANYONE HAVE MATHS OL P1 DEB PLZZZZZZ

EMAIL ME @ patrick_socom3@hotmail.com

I just mailed yu 'em:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement