Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2010 *Read first post before posting*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

fcuk it! Said I wouldnt look at anything.. damn!!!!! I knew I shouldnt come into this thread!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Solidarity

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    Erm, no most of them haven't taken place even in early schools yet, id say your best bet is just previous exam papers.

Yeah I'll keep looking back. It's for my sister, her pres aren't until mid February. Hopefully I'll have a few tips for her by then. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sxeboi

cork*girl wrote: »
    fcuk it! Said I wouldnt look at anything.. damn!!!!! I knew I shouldnt come into this thread!!
    haha :) its so much better to take the easy way out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ash245

Ok well I had English Paper 2 today..the one with the tick and heres what came up:
    Poets were Boland,Keats,Kavanagh and Yeats..The Question on Boland was that she feels strongly about certain issues and expresses them clearly in her poem..or something along those lines..

Comparitive was vision and viewpoint and literary genre..The literary genre question that I did was that authors have distinctive styles and this adds to the readers enjoyment

Lear essay was love as a redemptive force is a strong theme in the play and sibling rivalry

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

ash245 wrote: »
    Ok well I had English Paper 2 today..the one with the tick and heres what came up:
    Poets were Boland,Keats,Kavanagh and Yeats..The Question on Boland was that she feels strongly about certain issues and expresses them clearly in her poem..or something along those lines..

Comparitive was vision and viewpoint and literary genre..The literary genre question that I did was that authors have distinctive styles and this adds to the readers enjoyment

Lear essay was love as a redemptive force is a strong theme in the play and sibling rivalry

Hope this helps :)

any idea on what the
    kavanagh
    question was on??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

any idea on what the
    kavanagh
    question was on??

examcraft :)

i'm almost sure there will be something on the pros of technology in french
    Chemistry(examcraft): heat of combustion, Equilibrium, eth'al prep and eth'oic prep
    bio: secondary characterisitics of male and female and male diagram.

does anyone know whats the story with music?!
    technology
    in french is supposed to be about the
    mobile phone

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Daisyxx

Hey do you know if the irish exam mentioned is examcraft or DEB?

gemxpink wrote: »
    What I know so far:

English:
    Examcraft: Boland, Yeats (comes up on DEB & examcraft), Kavanagh, Lears journey (presume general suffering & uplifting?), Literary Genre and General Vision and Viewpoint

King lear on examcraft is filial ingratitude and evil vs good
    1. We remain sympathetic towards Lear
2. Good v Love

LITERARY GENRE:
    1. "Good story-telling enables the reader to engage with the plot of the text"
    2. "The art of creative story-telling can add greatly to our interest in narrative texts."

[c]King Lear:
(i) "While we may critise Lear for his actions, Shakespeare ensures our sympathy for him by reminding us of suffering."
(ii) "In King Lear, Shakespeare dramatically presents us with a world in which the powerful forces of evil are overcome by the redemptive forces of love.

POETRY
1. "T.S. Elliot presents memorable themes in a fresh and innovative way."
2. "In her poetry, Eavan Boland explores personal and public issues in an interesting way."
3. "W.B Yeats deals with an interesting variety of subjects and his poetry is full of powerful images and impressive descriptions."
4. "Michael Longley confronts difficult issues in his poetry. His imagery is striking and his language is direct and often shocking."

Text 3- Competition 
QUESTION A:
1) which images shows competition best?
2) Most important point
3) What role does competition play in todays world?
    QUESTION B:
A letter recommending a photo.
    ESSAY TITLES:
1) Personal essay on things that arouse your enthusiasm
2) Speech- Beauty contests demean women
3) Modern day fairytale
4) Short story "... the triumph of the human spirit."
5) Article- parental pressure
6) Persuasive- dangers of overly competitive
7) Short story about 1 image in TEXT 3

Theme= Competing
    Key Points from Questions only!!
Text 1- Ladie's Day at The Galway Races
QUESTION A:
1)Impression Of writer
2) Does description appeal to you?
3) Four features of authors style efective.
    QUESTION B:
"... a conspicuous effort to dress up."
Write a report for radio describing effort of ladies to attract judges attention.
    Text 2- Competing Against Adversity
QUESTION A:
1) According to writer, its a gem of a movie. What aspects did you like?
2) Do you agree with the writer's assertion?
3) Four features of style.
    QUESTION B:
"...be forever homeless"
Detailed diary entry of a homeless person

Irish:
    Q1P1 Q on crime and Q on young people, Poems: Jack, Gealt, Faoiseam, Níl Aon Ní, Úirchill an Chreagáin, An t-oilean, Prós: 20 Blian Ag Fás, Cearrbhach, an triail ques on fimíniocht and easpa chríostacht.

Maths:
    Vectors, Matrices (easy ones), Circle, (idk, might come up every year but thats what she said). NO PROOFS!

French: ???? They're tight lipped, if anyone has an idea please share!?

Accounting:
    Tabular statements, Suspense accounts, Manufacturing account (Q1), Marginal costing, cash flow statements.
    examcraft accounting honours- Q1- company. 100 mrks q's are suspense, cash flow (i think) and interpretation of accounts.... Q8&9 are marginal costing and budget.
    as far as i know its production budgeting. marginal costing question we were told is very similar to 2004 question but theres definately a break even point graph coming up on the marginal costing question. The budget question is FLEXIBLE.
If anybodis doing Q2,3 or 4, they are Cash flow, Debtors control and depreciation.

Business:
    Business plan, idk what else, Q on entrepreneur I think. Surviving economic downturn as one part ABQ's, communications, marketing, entepreneurs, business things, laws and qualities and all that kind of thing.

Home Ec:
    Vitamins, protein, bacteria, light, families - history.

LCVP/Link Modules:
    Using examcraft, we had it today. Q on entrepreneur; Q4 I think, Q on work experience, 2 Q's on voluntary organizations(one core project, one weird one aha), Q on employment(skills employers want, 2 organisations that help unemployed and what they do).
    Are all of these exams from examcraft?

Daisyxx wrote: »
    Are all of these exams from examcraft?

Eng, Ir, Bus are all deb, not sure about the others.

• Advertisement

Hey do you know if the irish exam mentioned is examcraft or DEB?

DEB, no details on the exacmcraft yet.

cheers....I did Irish paper one today(examcraft i think as there was a tick and no barcode)
    there was an aiste on violence(crime),there was a piece on drugs and alchol and a debate about politics in ireland...hope that helps some of you.
    If anyone has done paper 2 examcraft please post the questions.

cheers....I did Irish paper one today(examcraft i think as there was a tick and no barcode)
    there was an aiste on violence(crime),there was a piece on drugs and alchol and a debate about politics in ireland...hope that helps some of you.

did you have an essay on young people? jw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

So just to be absolutely clear.

EXAMCRAFT English paper 2.
    The Lear questions are: Love as a redemptive force and Sibling Rivalry?

On examcraft yeah? :)

if i can remember correctly i
    think the politics one mentioned young people in ireland unfortunatley i dont have the paper with me at the moment, i
    did the crime one and intermingled it with youth.
    very straight forward questions though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sxeboi

was the piece on alcohol and drugs an aiste????
    any chance you have the exact question????? could you also tell me the jist of the comprehensions ???/ thnks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Conor108..Yup thats correct. :)

Daisyxx & gemxpink - I know for a fact that on Deb Irish honours paper1
    The aiste is fabanna na daoine hoige
    If anyone wants a sample answer we got off our teacher last week pm me :D

*Don't forget the spoilers when your posting :) *

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

examcraft :)

ye, but what was the wording of the question?? :)

It was in the
    alt nuachtain/irse part of the question
    they ask you to pretend you are a garda giving a talk on alcol and drugs
    ...thats the jist of it.
    One of the comprehentions were about a man talking about his love of poetry the other was a little confusing but i think it was about a young man meeting a guy who was in a book that he studied....sorry the comprehentions have escaped me to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Psychedelia

technology
    in french is supposed to be about the
    mobile phone

Ya, i'm thinking that, my teacher's hints are very elusive!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mcgeezer

Does anyone have the DEB accounting honors level exam paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Thank you! Do yo know what the other aistes were? Also do you know the exact titles of them? Thanks a million!

mcgeezer wrote: »
    Does anyone have the DEB accounting honors level exam paper?

I do it on wednesday, will post :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mcgeezer

I do it on wednesday, will post :)

Your actually amazing :) And I don't have it 'till next Monday :) Woo Hoo! Thanks <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 1treehillrulez

how do I see this without the spoilers?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Highlight the spoiler with your mouse :P

Cian92 wrote: »
    Thank you! Do yo know what the other aistes were? Also do you know the exact titles of them? Thanks a million!
    Sorry i cant remember the other titles and our teacher took back the exam paper at the end, may be able to post them tomorrow once i get talking to other people from the class the only one i know for sure
    is the crime one
    , it
    said that violence
    is a big part of society in ireland today

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

History and French ppl?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

It was in the
    alt nuachtain/irse part of the question
    they ask you to pretend you are a garda giving a talk on alcol and drugs
    ...thats the jist of it.
    One of the comprehentions were about a man talking about his love of poetry the other was a little confusing but i think it was about a young man meeting a guy who was in a book that he studied....sorry the comprehentions have escaped me to be honest

Basically the essay that came up in the
    paper! The only essay I had learned word for word for my actual LC!

• Advertisement

I had learned it word for word too, only i did panic before hand when someone said they were told by the teacher that it wouldnt come up....obviously just playing mind games! Was such relief to see it on the paper:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement