Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2010 *Read first post before posting*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lauraste

@TheTown: Even *I* am not that blind, ffs! :rolleyes:

anyone have higher business...or hugher english debs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭babyt1

hi all. i am doing french higher level examcraft i know for q 1 you can talk about a0 your
    passion or b en 2015
    . does anybody know the exact q's for those like for the
    en 2015
    do you talk about being
    qualified with a job.

can any one tell me what the
    verb/ noun
    etc is in the comprehensions for french examcraft. and what to say for the long answer in english at the end thanks so much ill return the favour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ninah

hi just wondering how to remove the spoiler tags.. i coud use some hints pls. thanks :)

highlight them have you any hints for me ! examcraft maths paper 1 bio paper 1 french geog all examcraft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 BenMcC

geo. examcraft please!!! ill give what i kno for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Kate0004

Does anyone have HL BIO DEB please??:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 student01

Kate0004 wrote: »
    Does anyone have HL BIO DEB please??:D

I second that :P
    Oh and DEB Maths Paper 2... i have both of these papers on tuesday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 michaelD1725

nah i dont i badly want it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 aisers

Is the maths HL DEB on white paper???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 fairygirlx

SOMEONE must have sat the DEB HL accounting paper?????????!

PLEEEEEEEEEASE help! :(:(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IronGirl92

channel1 wrote: »
    i know wats on the irish paper!!! i can help

Which one? Higher or Ordinary? Deb or Examcraft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ..xx..

hey..does anyone have deb irish paper 2 higher level?please:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Laura Jane

Does anyone have the buiness examcraft pre paper?? I would appreciate it if someone sent it to me!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ninjaface

FULL EXAM QUESTIONS TYPED OUT
    ok i have irish paper one examcraft
    english paper one (DEB and examcraft) and two examcraft
    and maths paper 1 DEB
    all HL
    il try remember geog HL

IRISH PAPER ONE
    AISTE (A) ni hionann saibhreas agus sonas
    (B) na buntaisti agus na mibhuntaisti, dar leat, a bhainnean le bheith mar bhall den Aontas Eorpach
    (C) is e an foreigean sa tsochai an fhadhb is measa in eirinn an lae inniu

SCEAL
    (A) ni neart go cur le cheile
    (B) dochas

ALT NUACHTAIN/IRISE
    (A) ta fadhb na difhostaiochta ag meadu i do cheantar duchais le bliain anuas. iarradh ortsa agallamh a chur ar do theachta dala aitiuil faoin bhfadhb seo agus ar na bhealai chun i a reiteach.
    scriobh alt bunaithe ar an agallamh sin d'iris na scoile
    (B) chuala tu duine cailiuil sa saol poibli ag ionsai na gaeilge ar chlar radio le deanai. chuir a chuid cainte fearg mhor ort. scriobh alt a chuirfea chuig iris no nuachtan gaeilge faoin abhar seo

DIOSPOIREACHT
    (A)scriobh an chaint a dheanfa i ndiospoireacht scoile ar son an ruin seo a leanas no ina aghaidh; nil matheas ar bith i bpolaiteoiri na tire seo
    (B) is garda siochana tusa. Iarradh ort labhairt le cruinniu tuismitheoiri i scoil dara leibheil faoi fadhb an oil agus na drugai i measc na n-og agus faoi na rudai a d'fheadfadh na tuismitheoiri a deanamh faoin bhfadhb seo. scriobh an oraid a thabharfa ag an gcruinniu sin

ENGLISH PAPER 1 EXAMCRAFT
    TEXT 1 QB "a people who call "garbage men" "sanitation engineers" cant be all bad" you have been asked to give a shorttalk on a local radio station about the importance of showing respect to others
    TEXT 2 QB write a short persuasive article in which you give advice about the dangers of exercising or training in excess. This article will appear in a sports mag for young people
    TEXT 3 QB Write a letter to the Editor of a newspaper in which you discuss the importance of featuring satirical cartoons and/or caricatures in the paper. You might like to make reference to the cartoons that feature in this text (picture of Jedward, celtic tiger, Nama, girl playing cello and some government thing.)

COMPOSING - 1 write a persuasive speech about the importance of political honesty
    2 write an opinion piece for a popular magizine on the topic of social snobbery
    3 write a personal essay on the topic of obsessions
    4 write a short story in which the central character is a dreamer
    5 write a satirical article for a popular mag in which you explore the current political and economic situation in ireland
    6 write an article for a school mag in which you discuss the imortance of pop culture in young peoples lives
    7 write a short story prompted by one or more of the visuals featured in TEXT 3

PAPER ONE ENGLISH DEB
    TEXT ONE QB Write a report for your lacal radio describing the "conspicious effort" the ladies make to attract the attention of the judges (text is about a ladies day at the races)
    TEXT 2 QB imagine you are a homeless person. write a detailed diary entry describing how you feel as you cope with a typical day on the streets
    TEXT THREE QB write a letter to the judging panel of a photo competition in which you recommend one of the images in text 3 for a specific award category of your choice and exlain why your image best suits this category.

COMPOSING
    1 write a personal essay on the things in life that arouse your enthusiasm
    2 write a speech in which you attempt to persuade an audience that beauty contests are demeaning to women.
    3 write a modern day fairy tale
    4 write a short story on the triumph of the human spirit
    5 write an article for a young adult mag in which you give them advice on how to deal with parental pressure
    6 write a persuasive article or essay in which you warn people of the dangers of being overly competitive
    7 write a short story in which one of the images in txt 3 plays a central part

ENG PAPER 2 EXMCRAFt and some DEB
    KING LEAR - love as a redemptive force OR the theme of sibling rivalry (email beccaface@rocketmail.com for the other questions - im just posting the ones i did)
    VISION AND VIEWPOINT - "the v&v of a text can be conveyed very effectively in key moments of the text" (a) discuss this with reference to one key moment in one text (B) compare key moments in other two texts and how effectively v&v was conveyed
    OR
    "the author's v&v can be a source of great interest to the reader"

LITERARY GENRE
    "the skill of an author is nowhere more evident than in the creation of convincing and memorable mood/atmosphere. This is evident in key moments in the texts" show how this applies to one text. compare how convincingly other two texts are
    OR
    "the use of a distinctive style can make a text particularly enjoyable"

UNSEEN POETRY - ill-wishing him by dorothy nimmo
    write a personal response OR discuss the woman's character and a effective phrase or image

PRESCRIBED POETRY
    TS ELLIOT - memorable language and imagery used to explore themes
    EAVAN BOLAND - feels strongly about certain issues and writes about them in clear and effective way
    KAVANAGH - expresses themes using language and imagery in a distinctive and imaginative way
    YEATS - explores both personal and universal themes in a style which reveals mastery of the poetic craft

(DEB : LONGLY WAS ON DEB, VISION AND VIEWPOINT WAS ON BOTH> SYMPATHY WE FEEL FOR LEAR, BOLAND)

MATHS PAPER 1 DEB
    Q1 - simplify (4 + root 3) over (2+root3), factor theorem and complex numbers? we havnt done them ... dunno why they were in Q1
    Q2 simultaneous equations, roots of equations (equation with equal roots and alpha squared plus beta squared) and inequality
    Q3 i dont understand cos we havnt done it. part a is complex numbers. b is matrixes. c mentions de moivres theorem
    Q£ binomail, sequences and series, a and b easy enough, part c has g(x) = -1+2x+5xsquared ... show g(x) = (4x-1) over (1-x)squared
    Q% geo series, solve log question, binomial expansion, using induction prove 1over n! < 1 over 2^n for all n > or = 4
    Q6 dfferentiate root(4-3x), max/min points, diff xe^-2x, real roots, newton raphson
    Q7 prove from first principles the addition rule??:S
    diff ln ... diff parametric equations
    Q8 integration, standard enough, finding areas on curves

GEOGRAPHY cant remember DEB or EXAMCRAFT
    Short q's had weather maps, picture of limestone and give a use and where it is found, satilite photos, identifying map features, measure length of road on a map, LONG QUESTIONS - volcanoes, landform in ireland, i can remember writing about a waterfall and karst landscape, primary activity in sub cont region, importance of culture european region, development of biome, human impact on biome, sketch map of ireland, tertiary act in irish region

if anyone could post biology, french, irish paper 2 or chemistry id really appriciate it! all HL thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ninjaface

ninah wrote: »
    hi just wondering how to remove the spoiler tags.. i coud use some hints pls. thanks :)

highlight the writing and u can read it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

Full questions typed out for you:
    QUESTION 1
    (a) (i) Write in its simplest form:
    x^3 - 3x^2 (all over) x^3 - 9x

b) (i) Find the range of values of x for which 2|x-1|>|x+1|.

(ii) Given that alpha and beta are the roots of the equation
    x^2 - px + 5 = 0 where p > 0
    If alpha^2 + beta^2 = 39, find the value of p.

(c) Given f(x) = ax^3 + x^2 + bx + c, where a,b,c are elements of R,
    If f(3) = 0 and f(2) = ),

(i) find a quadratic factor of f(x)
    (ii) By dividing f(x) by this quadratic factor, express b and c in terms of a.
    (iii) If f(1) = -30, find the value of a.

QUESTION 2
    (a) Solve: (all of this is under a square root sign) 3^2x-1 (the 2x-1 is all the power) = 1/27. x is an element of R.

(b) (i) Solve: 2e^2x - 3e^x - 2 = 0. Let u=e^x

(ii) The quadratic equation
    (2k-3)x^2 + 2x + (k-1) = 0, k a constant, has real roots.
    Find the range of values of k.

(c) Given f(x) = x/x+a, x is an element of R, a is an element of R, x does not equal -a.

(i) Show that f(-2a-x) = 2-f(x), for all x€R, a€R, x does not equal -a. (euro sign for element!)

(ii) Simplify f(q) - f(p).

(iii) Hence, show that if -a < p < q and a>0
    f(q) - f(p) > 0.

QUESTION 3
    (a) Let z = 3+2i where i^2 = -1.
    Find the value of t, t€R, if z^2 + tz is real.

(b) okay.... how the hell do I do matrices on this.... I'll use the / to show what number is over the other, but don't forget it's not a fraction for all of question 3 lol!

(i) If M(13/-7 -4/3) = (4/-1 3/2), find M in the form (a/c b/d)

(ii) Show that M^2 - (a+d)M + (ad - bc)I = O, where I = (1/0 0/1) and O = (0/0 0/0)

(c) Use de moivres theorem to find the roots of the equation z^4 + 16 = 0, in the form a+bi, where z€C.

QUESTION 4
    (a) In an arithmetic sequence, the third term is four times the first term, and the sixth term is 17.
    Find:
    (i) The first term
    (ii) the common difference

(b) Given the infinite geometric series:
    3 + 6(1+x) + 12(1+x)^2 + ...

(i) Express S∞ in terms of x.
    (ii) For what range of values of x does the series have a finite sum?

A sequence of positive terms, u1,u2,u3....un,un+1.... i defined by
    Un+1 = √2 + (Un)^2 (√ is the best square root sign I could find lol)

(iii) Express Un in terms of Un+1
    (iv) If u3 = 2√5 calculate u1.

(c) u1,u2,u3 are three terms in a geometric sequence.
    u1 + u2 +u3 = 26
    u3 - u1 = 16
    Find the two possible sequences satisfying these conditions.

QUESTION 5
    (a) Solve the equation:
    x-√x+3 = 3, x€R.

(b) (i) The term independant of x in the expansion if (3x + a/x^2)^12, where a>0, is 495.
    Calculate the value of a.

(ii) Given that
    log(base a)y = 2log(base a)3 + log(base a)4+1,
    express y in terms of a.

(c) Prove by induction that 5^2x+1 (2x+1 all a power) + 7^n is divisible by 6, n€N.

QUESTION 6
    (a) Differentiate with respect to x:
    (i) (2x^2 - 5x + 1)^20
    (ii) x.e^x

(b) (i) Given that y=tan^-1 x/4, 0<Y< π (pi), find dy/dx

(ii) f(x) = log(base e)(x+1/x-1)
    If f(little 1)(x) = k/x^2 + c, find the value of k and the value of c.

(c) y = x^3 - 6x^2 +9x +k, k a constant.

(i) Determine the local maximum and local minimum points of this curve in terms of k.
    (ii) Find also the point of inflection, in terms of k.

QUESTION 7
    (a) given f(x) = x-1/√x find f(little 1)(4)

(b) (i) Given the curve: £x^2 - y^2 = 5xy^2 - 21
    Find the equation of the tangent at the point (1,2) on the curve.

(ii) Calculate the least positive integer value of k, so that the graph of y = kx^2 - 8x + k does not cut of touch the x axis.
    (there is a graph given with the paper but I've no idea how I'm supposed to draw it here lol sorry!)

(c) A curve is given by the parametric equations
    x = cosθ, y = sin2θ
    (i) Find dx/dθ and dy/dθ

(ii) Find the gradient of the curve where θ = pi/6

(iii) Investigate if the Cartesian equation of the curve can be written as:
    y^2 = kx^2(1-x^2) where k is an integer.
    Write down the value of k.

QUESTION 8
    (a) Find
    (i) ∫5sinx dx
    (ii) ∫(x+1)^2/x dx

(b) Evaluate
    (i) ∫√4x + 3 (all under root) dx. (x = 3/2 and 0)
    (ii) ∫dx/x^2 +6x +34. (x = 2 and -3.)

(c) The diagram shows part of the graph of y = cos 2x.
    Calculate the area of the shaded region, answer in surd form.
    (sorry cant really put up the graph, it wasn't too hard though.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tomas_1

Could someone please send me HL DEB maths paper 2, if you have it give me a msg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭marzh007

aisers wrote: »
    Is the maths HL DEB on white paper???

no it's on a pink paper.i chose black and white when i scanned it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭davestar

Did my Irish aural yesterday,
    it contained a story about a young hurler dying and a girl talking about her Aunt in New York.
    Can somebody please confirm if this is EXAMCRAFT or DEB? Thanks .

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Any help would be appreciated here. I had the Irish aural with the names mixed up and a poster Q, does anyone know if this is DEB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

davestar wrote: »
    Did my Irish aural yesterday,
    it contained a story about a young hurler dying and a girl talking about her Aunt in New York
    . Can somebody please confirm if this is EXAMCRAFT or DEB? Thanks .
    That's DEB... because I had examcraft and that wasn't on it! lol.

That's DEB... because I had examcraft and that wasn't on it! lol.

Are you certain ? I'm a little paranoid and worried :rolleyes:, so will DEB be doing all my papers or just Irish?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Which one of had the one with the mixed up names and Qs on a poster and a sheep somewhere in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Joe2K9

Could anybody please tell me what is coming up on DEB irish paper 2 higher level please please please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mangoverboard

Urgently needed: Examcraft Art History.Please

• Registered Users Posts: 10 krodman

Does anyone have Biology HL examcraft or Bussiness HL examcraft??
    I can post any of these papers: English (p1 & p2), Maths (p1 & p2), Irish (p1 & p2), or German.. (All HL Examcraft)...

How can you differenciate between EXMCRAFT and DEB?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 YEEEDURRTYYOKE

Does anyone have DEB h/l geography or DEB o/l maths please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Joe2K9

davestar wrote: »
    How can you differenciate between EXMCRAFT and DEB?

Deb has a thick barcode on it and no tick
    i'm not sure about examcract though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement