Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2010 *Read first post before posting*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ArklowGirl

aw thank you sooo much! :)

Are you doing the Bild or the Letter? I'm thinking I'll probably do the Bild if it's easy enough..! I hate writing letters!

I read somewhere that
    Stress of the leaving cert, jobs in ireland(or summer job??) came up on the letter.... oh and the auserung is about friendship or something.... One of the comprehensions is about a woman and her husband going to Italy..... It's all on this thread somewhere..back a tonne of pages though...I'd search the thread!

Well we havnt practiced doing the bild, i''ll prob just sit down and learn those topics for the letter! we havnt really practiced doing papers so im so nervous! like grammer section?... fml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

ArklowGirl wrote: »
    Well we havnt practiced doing the bild, i''ll prob just sit down and learn those topics for the letter! we havnt really practiced doing papers so im so nervous! like grammer section?... fml
    Underage drinking and people spending too much time on the internet also comes up.... The second comprehension is all about being lovesick.....
    sorry I don't know anything about the grammar though.. :if I find something I'll let you know though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Joe2K9

does anybody know the pros on DEB hl irish paper 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ninjaface

paper one irish was examcraft and tape had
    something bout a guy worried he wont get a job after college. and it had a girl talking bout going travelling ... dunno if its deb or examcraft
    any help :?
    that mean my paper 2 is examcraft ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Babezz.

HEY. Haven't done any mocks yet so hoping to get some info on either company :

GEOGRAPHY
    MATHS
    PHYSICS
    - doin this on MONDAY
    CHEMISTRY

ALL HIGHER

PLEASE..PLEASE..PLEASE :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

ninjaface wrote: »
    something bout a guy worried he wont get a job after college. and it had a girl talking bout going travelling ... dunno if its deb or examcraft
    yeah thats examcraft - all of the papers & tape is the one company per subject!

Babezz. wrote: »

GEOGRAPHY
    MATHS
    PHYSICS
    - doin this on MONDAY
    CHEMISTRY

ALL HIGHER

PM me your email for chemistry DEB HL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 irishskipper

Hey has anyone done the DEB OL Maths paper 2 or know whats on it? Been searching for this for ages but cant find it and i have the exam on monday :(

would really appreciate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 krodman

German HL examcraft:
    The first comperhension was about a fisherman and a tourist talking. The tourist was trying to motivate the fisherman by telling him what he could achieve or something like that.

The second comprehension was about the environment and the affects of sport on it. Skiing was main example.

AuBer zum thema: first one was about environment. The second one was a cartoon picture of man smoking at a computer. You had to explain wat you saw. Talk about the smoking ban in Ireland. Give advantages and disadvantages.

Letter asked about your family. Last year in school. About the economic crisis and how it affectd Ireland. Asked about part-time jobs. Asked What Music you like. Do you play sports. And something about Facebook.

Didnt do the picture but it was a homeless person

Hope that helps.

Does anyone have Biology or Business HL examcraft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 eeefa

gemxpink wrote: »
    B)
    Lig Sin I gCathú
    is the compulsary yes? if so then I am right on track for DEB!

Could someone please tell me if the Listening from this one was about...
    A girl going travelling instead of going to college, she wanted to go to Canada, and there was also a guy and a girl talking about the recession and the girl was saying how things will improve..
    That's all I can remember from it.
    Was that the Listening with Examcraft, cos I'm mighty confused!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭chaoticmess

Babezz. wrote: »

GEOGRAPHY
    MATHS
    PHYSICS
    - doin this on MONDAY
    CHEMISTRY

ALL HIGHER

I posted HL Examcraft maths P1 the complete questions a couple of pages back. :)

Didn't see this.

I'm thinking it's Examcraft now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Babezz.

I posted HL Examcraft maths P1 the complete questions a couple of pages back. :)

Thanks a lot :) Freakin out bout maths :eek:

88rio88 wrote: »
    Did my french on wednesday was so simple!
    this is what came up
    alcohol, question on whether or not you should do PE in leavin cert, life in 2O15, letter of application.
    Enjoy!

Which company is that from? What was on your listening?

And does anybody know the exact English Comparative questions from Examcraft?

eeefa wrote: »
    Which company is that from? What was on your listening?

And does anybody know the exact English Comparative questions from Examcraft?

thats examcraft french.
    they're posted on like page 17

eeefa wrote: »
    Could someone please tell me if the Listening from this one was about...
    A girl going travelling instead of going to college, she wanted to go to Canada, and there was also a guy and a girl talking about the recession and the girl was saying how things will improve..
    That's all I can remember from it.
    Was that the Listening with Examcraft, cos I'm mighty confused!

yah, both are examcraft irish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Tomas_1

Gamxpink can you send me the maths hl DEB paper 2 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ninjaface

english examcraft
    ENGLISH PAPER 1 EXAMCRAFT
    Spoiler: TEXT 1 QB "a people who call "garbage men" "sanitation engineers" cant be all bad" you have been asked to give a shorttalk on a local radio station about the importance of showing respect to others
    TEXT 2 QB write a short persuasive article in which you give advice about the dangers of exercising or training in excess. This article will appear in a sports mag for young people
    TEXT 3 QB Write a letter to the Editor of a newspaper in which you discuss the importance of featuring satirical cartoons and/or caricatures in the paper. You might like to make reference to the cartoons that feature in this text (picture of Jedward, celtic tiger, Nama, girl playing cello and some government thing.)

COMPOSING - 1 write a persuasive speech about the importance of political honesty
    2 write an opinion piece for a popular magizine on the topic of social snobbery
    3 write a personal essay on the topic of obsessions
    4 write a short story in which the central character is a dreamer
    5 write a satirical article for a popular mag in which you explore the current political and economic situation in ireland
    6 write an article for a school mag in which you discuss the imortance of pop culture in young peoples lives
    7 write a short story prompted by one or more of the visuals featured in TEXT 3

ENG PAPER 2 EXMCRAFt Spoiler: KING LEAR - love as a redemptive force OR the theme of sibling rivalry (email beccaface@rocketmail.com for the other questions - im just posting the ones i did)
    VISION AND VIEWPOINT - "the v&v of a text can be conveyed very effectively in key moments of the text" (a) discuss this with reference to one key moment in one text (B) compare key moments in other two texts and how effectively v&v was conveyed
    OR
    "the author's v&v can be a source of great interest to the reader"

LITERARY GENRE
    "the skill of an author is nowhere more evident than in the creation of convincing and memorable mood/atmosphere. This is evident in key moments in the texts" show how this applies to one text. compare how convincingly other two texts are
    OR
    "the use of a distinctive style can make a text particularly enjoyable"

UNSEEN POETRY - ill-wishing him by dorothy nimmo
    write a personal response OR discuss the woman's character and a effective phrase or image

PRESCRIBED POETRY
    TS ELLIOT - memorable language and imagery used to explore themes
    EAVAN BOLAND - feels strongly about certain issues and writes about them in clear and effective way
    KAVANAGH - expresses themes using language and imagery in a distinctive and imaginative way
    YEATS - explores both personal and universal themes in a style which reveals mastery of the poetic craft

FULL EXAM QUESTIONS TYPED OUT
    ok i have irish paper one examcraft
    english paper one (DEB and examcraft) and two examcraft
    and maths paper 1 DEB
    all HL
    il try remember geog HL

IRISH PAPER ONE
    AISTE (A) ni hionann saibhreas agus sonas
    (B) na buntaisti agus na mibhuntaisti, dar leat, a bhainnean le bheith mar bhall den Aontas Eorpach
    (C) is e an foreigean sa tsochai an fhadhb is measa in eirinn an lae inniu

SCEAL
    (A) ni neart go cur le cheile
    (B) dochas

ALT NUACHTAIN/IRISE
    (A) ta fadhb na difhostaiochta ag meadu i do cheantar duchais le bliain anuas. iarradh ortsa agallamh a chur ar do theachta dala aitiuil faoin bhfadhb seo agus ar na bhealai chun i a reiteach.
    scriobh alt bunaithe ar an agallamh sin d'iris na scoile
    (B) chuala tu duine cailiuil sa saol poibli ag ionsai na gaeilge ar chlar radio le deanai. chuir a chuid cainte fearg mhor ort. scriobh alt a chuirfea chuig iris no nuachtan gaeilge faoin abhar seo

DIOSPOIREACHT
    (A)scriobh an chaint a dheanfa i ndiospoireacht scoile ar son an ruin seo a leanas no ina aghaidh; nil matheas ar bith i bpolaiteoiri na tire seo
    (B) is garda siochana tusa. Iarradh ort labhairt le cruinniu tuismitheoiri i scoil dara leibheil faoi fadhb an oil agus na drugai i measc na n-og agus faoi na rudai a d'fheadfadh na tuismitheoiri a deanamh faoin bhfadhb seo. scriobh an oraid a thabharfa ag an gcruinniu sin

ENGLISH PAPER 1 EXAMCRAFT
    TEXT 1 QB "a people who call "garbage men" "sanitation engineers" cant be all bad" you have been asked to give a shorttalk on a local radio station about the importance of showing respect to others
    TEXT 2 QB write a short persuasive article in which you give advice about the dangers of exercising or training in excess. This article will appear in a sports mag for young people
    TEXT 3 QB Write a letter to the Editor of a newspaper in which you discuss the importance of featuring satirical cartoons and/or caricatures in the paper. You might like to make reference to the cartoons that feature in this text (picture of Jedward, celtic tiger, Nama, girl playing cello and some government thing.)

COMPOSING - 1 write a persuasive speech about the importance of political honesty
    2 write an opinion piece for a popular magizine on the topic of social snobbery
    3 write a personal essay on the topic of obsessions
    4 write a short story in which the central character is a dreamer
    5 write a satirical article for a popular mag in which you explore the current political and economic situation in ireland
    6 write an article for a school mag in which you discuss the imortance of pop culture in young peoples lives
    7 write a short story prompted by one or more of the visuals featured in TEXT 3

PAPER ONE ENGLISH DEB
    TEXT ONE QB Write a report for your lacal radio describing the "conspicious effort" the ladies make to attract the attention of the judges (text is about a ladies day at the races)
    TEXT 2 QB imagine you are a homeless person. write a detailed diary entry describing how you feel as you cope with a typical day on the streets
    TEXT THREE QB write a letter to the judging panel of a photo competition in which you recommend one of the images in text 3 for a specific award category of your choice and exlain why your image best suits this category.

COMPOSING
    1 write a personal essay on the things in life that arouse your enthusiasm
    2 write a speech in which you attempt to persuade an audience that beauty contests are demeaning to women.
    3 write a modern day fairy tale
    4 write a short story on the triumph of the human spirit
    5 write an article for a young adult mag in which you give them advice on how to deal with parental pressure
    6 write a persuasive article or essay in which you warn people of the dangers of being overly competitive
    7 write a short story in which one of the images in txt 3 plays a central part

ENG PAPER 2 EXMCRAFt and some DEB
    KING LEAR - love as a redemptive force OR the theme of sibling rivalry (email beccaface@rocketmail.com for the other questions - im just posting the ones i did)
    VISION AND VIEWPOINT - "the v&v of a text can be conveyed very effectively in key moments of the text" (a) discuss this with reference to one key moment in one text (B) compare key moments in other two texts and how effectively v&v was conveyed
    OR
    "the author's v&v can be a source of great interest to the reader"

LITERARY GENRE
    "the skill of an author is nowhere more evident than in the creation of convincing and memorable mood/atmosphere. This is evident in key moments in the texts" show how this applies to one text. compare how convincingly other two texts are
    OR
    "the use of a distinctive style can make a text particularly enjoyable"

UNSEEN POETRY - ill-wishing him by dorothy nimmo
    write a personal response OR discuss the woman's character and a effective phrase or image

PRESCRIBED POETRY
    TS ELLIOT - memorable language and imagery used to explore themes
    EAVAN BOLAND - feels strongly about certain issues and writes about them in clear and effective way
    KAVANAGH - expresses themes using language and imagery in a distinctive and imaginative way
    YEATS - explores both personal and universal themes in a style which reveals mastery of the poetic craft

(DEB : LONGLY WAS ON DEB, VISION AND VIEWPOINT WAS ON BOTH> SYMPATHY WE FEEL FOR LEAR, BOLAND)

GEOGRAPHY cant remember DEB or EXAMCRAFT
    Short q's had weather maps, picture of limestone and give a use and where it is found, satilite photos, identifying map features, measure length of road on a map, LONG QUESTIONS - volcanoes, landform in ireland, i can remember writing about a waterfall and karst landscape, primary activity in sub cont region, importance of culture european region, development of biome, human impact on biome, sketch map of ireland, tertiary act in irish region

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Pheima

Does anyone have the examcraft hl history paper?
    Or the German grammar from examcraft hl paper??

• Advertisement

Thanks so much, Ninjaface

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jellybabby

Wat do u mean about light n families- history?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 goggobobbo

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST SOME HINTS OR WHATEVER THEY KNOW ABOUT THE DEB HL HISTORY PAPER??? I WOULD APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH!! i really need it so bad!!

also accounting and economics but ive seen a few posts on them already :)

HISTORY PLEASE!!! exam is on monday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jellybabby

hey thanx a mill.. is the geography DEB r examcraft did u remember by any chance?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

goggobobbo wrote: »
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE POST SOME HINTS OR WHATEVER THEY KNOW ABOUT THE DEB HL HISTORY PAPER??? I WOULD APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH!! i really need it so bad!!

also accounting and economics but ive seen a few posts on them already :)

HISTORY PLEASE!!! exam is on monday!!

I don't know whether it is EXAMCRAFT or DEB or not but here I go.. would really appreciate if you had Biology, I know it's already been posted but in more detail would be great :D
    Sunningdale comes up as the document, In the Sovereingty section Cumann na Gaedhael and Fianna Fails economic and social policy, Dictatorship and Democracy The Nuremburg Rallies come up and in America The Vietnam War - how and why they withdrew from it etc

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Junior D

have higher history, chemistry and irish if anybody wants em. pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sarahisconfused

Ok I did DEB HL BIOLOGY yesterday and this is what came up -
    Also dont make the mistake like me and learn the wrong experiments :( haha oh well...
    Bimolecules- lipids and proteins
    The Scientific Method- theory, double blind testing, ethics etc
    Photosynthesis- emphasis on energy pathways, light and dark stages
    Respiration- ATP ADP NADPH etc
    Human reproductive system- Male and female label parts, give function of labelled parts, associated hormones, secondary sexual characteristics
    Sexual Rep. in flowering plants- parts of flower and functions, development of the ovule or something like that, germination and dormancy
    Ecology- capture recapture method, population study, difference between quantitative and qualitative studies, pyramids
    Excretion- diagram of the nephron and associated blood supply, excretory organs
    Circulatory System- heart and the blood vessels
    Something about bacteria causing virisus came up too but i didnt do it :D

Experiments-
    Growth regulators
    Leaf Yeasts
    The effect of HEAT on enzymes

Thats all i can remember really....i slept for most of the exam :P
    Good luck everyone!

Anybody know anything about DEB HL GEOGRAPHY??
    It would be muchos appreciated :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 franticflower

gemxpink wrote: »
    yah, both are examcraft irish!

hi gemxpink, i was wondering if you could send me the maths paper 2 please. i am so desperate. if you can i will pm my e-mail. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,688 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

anyone know anything about Maths OL Paper 2 - Examcraft?? Thanks a million

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Pheima

yourmother wrote: »
    I don't know whether it is EXAMCRAFT or DEB or not but here I go.. would really appreciate if you had Biology, I know it's already been posted but in more detail would be great :D
    Sunningdale comes up as the document, In the Sovereingty section Cumann na Gaedhael and Fianna Fails economic and social policy, Dictatorship and Democracy The Nuremburg Rallies come up and in America The Vietnam War - how and why they withdrew from it etc

Hope that helps

That is examcraft as far as I know!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement