Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2010 *Read first post before posting*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ddaanniieellee

ok thanks was urs examcraft??or deb??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 catlyd

Cat_10 wrote: »
    did you manage to get it? I have it :)
    No, i didnt get it, can you please help me???? xxx

its in paper 2 question4 !!!! ordinary level

thanks xxx
    did u have examcaft

• Registered Users Posts: 16 firefly2010

English paper 1 please!! ordinary level . .DEB!!:)
    ive acc 2mro .. .gone past worrying bout it!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mcgeezer

german hl deb?

• Advertisement

I need help with the single text for examcraft english hl :(
    PLEASE xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 siggins

plz sum1 help me wit ag science

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Guccit

Does else do religion and f so, have they had the paper yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 gingerbread

anyone do french examcraft OL yet? if so, is the formal letter a job application or booking accomodation? :D thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Solidarity

anyone do french examcraft OL yet? if so, is the formal letter a job application or booking accomodation? :D thanks.

I second this request!
    Been looking for French since the start >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Does anyone know about French HL, History HL and biology HL?? All DEB?????
    I'm seriously screwed.....french never was my strongest subject but I've got my oral right after tomorrow.....suffice to say that I'm ****ting a brick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Cat_10

catlyd wrote: »
    No, i didnt get it, can you please help me???? xxx

OK ill post it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Laura Jane

I have english OL examcraft!! What do you wants to no??:)

siggins wrote: »
    plz plz plz help me.. i need to no abou ag science or im screwed........

Don't worry, you won't be screwed, it's only your pre's.
    This will help you establish the level of ability that you have, it'll help you make decisions as to what level you shoul dbe at, where you need to improve on and how to get good grades in the real thing.

Don't waste energy worrying, you could have had an entire chapter learned with all that wasted energy. Trust me, I did my LC two years ago, it's grand.

EXAMCRAFT ENGLISH PAPER 2 NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!! :confused::(

I am looking for the single text question, what came up for Danging at lughnasa???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

mairead192 wrote: »
    its deb! i ad d same taday :D
    for ur paper 1 wer uasked on q1 to exprss something as a fraction !!it envolved litres???
    plz sum1 help me wit ag science
    Hi folks, welcome to Boards! :)

Just a heads-up, please note that txtspit is not welcome on this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Cat_10

SECTION 1 THE SINGLE TEXT

A. WUTHERING HEIGHTS - Emily Bronte
    (i) Discuss the significance of Nelly Dean's role in the novel Wuthering Heights. Support your answer by suitable reference to the text.
    OR
    (ii) "Love can be seen as both a destructive and positive force in the novel Wuthering Heights:'
    Discuss this view of the novel. Support your answer by suitable reference to the text.
    B. DANCING AT LUGHNASA - Brian Friel
    (i) "In his play Dancing at Lughnasa Brian Friel gives us a revealing insight into many aspects of rural life in 1930s Ireland."
    Discuss this view of the play. Support your points by suitable reference to the text.
    OR
    (ii) "Despite moments of lightheartedness, the play Dancing at Lughnasa leaves the reader with a sense of people leading unfulfilled lives."
    Do you agree with this statement? Support your points by suitable reference to the text

C. KING LEAR - William Shakespeare
    (i) "Love as a redemptive force is a major and memorable Theme in the play King Lear."
    Write a response to this statement, supporting your answer by suitable reference to the text. Textual support may include reference to a particular performance of the play you have seen.
    OR
    "The play King Lear explores the theme of sibling rivalry in a dramatic and interesting way."
    Write a response to this statement. Support your answer by suitable reference to the text. Textual support may include reference to a particular performance of the play you have seen.
    D. THE GRAPES OF WRATH - John Steinbeck
    (i) "In his novel The Grapes of Wrath, Steinbeck gives us a chilling insight into a dark and difficult period in American history."
    Discuss this view of the novel, supporting your answer with the aid of suitable reference to the text.
    OR
    (ii) Write your personal assessment of Tom Joad, outlining the qualities in his character that did or did not appeal to you. Support your answer with the aid of suitable reference to the novel.
    E. THE BLACKWATER LIGHTSHIP - Colm Toibin
    (i) "The theme of love is explored in varied and interesting ways in the novel The Blackwater Lightship."
    Discuss this view of the novel, supporting your answer with the aid of suitable reference to the text.
    OR
    (ii) "In his novel The Blackwater Lightship, Colm Toibin is particularly interested in the significant influence of mothers upon their children."

SECTION II
    THE COMPARATIVE STUDY

THE GENERAL VISION AND VIEWPOINT
    "The vision and viewpoint of a text can be conveyed very effectively in key moments of that text."
    (a) With reference to a key moment in one of your texts, how effectively was the author's vision and viewpoint conveyed?

(b) Compare how key moments in two other texts you have studied in your comparative course helped to convey the author's vision and viewpoint effectively.

OR
    "The author's vision and viewpoint can often be a source of great interest to the reader."
    Compare the texts you have studied in your comparative course in the light of the above statement. Support your comparisons by reference to the texts.

B. LITERARY GENRE
    1. "The skill of an author is nowhere more evident than in his/her creation of a
    convincing and memorable mood or atmosphere. This mood or atmosphere is
    often evident in key moments in the texts."
    (a) Show how this statement applies to one of the texts on your comparative
    course.
    (b) In the light of your answer to part (a) above, compare how the authors created a convincing and memorable mood or atmosphere in key moments in two other texts on your comparative course.
    OR
    2."The use of a distinctive style can make a text particularly enjoyable."
    In the light of the above statement, compare how the distinctive style of the authors helped to make the texts, which you have studied in your comparative course, enjoyable.

B PRESCRIBED POETRY (50 marks)

1. "T. S. Eliot explores themes which are thought-provoking and frequently uses language and imagery which are memorable."
    Do you agree with this assessment of T. S. Eliot? Write a response, supporting your points by reference to the poems you have studied.
    2. "Eavan Boland is a writer who feels strongly about certain issues and writes about them in a clear and effective way."
    Give your response to the poetry of Eavan Boland in the light of this statement. Support your points by reference to the poems you have studied.
    3. "Patrick Kavanagh expresses his themes using language and imagery in a distinctive and imaginative way."
    Do you agree with this assessment of Kavanagh's poetry?' Your answer should focus on both his style and his themes. Support your points by reference to the poems you have studied.
    4. "W. B. Yeats explores themes which are of both personal and universal
    significance and does so in a style which reveals his mastery of his poetic craft."
    To what extent do you agree or disagree with this assessment of Yeats' poetry? Support your points by reference to the poems you have studied.

This is English paper 2 examcraft Higher Level

Hope its usefull!

Cat_10 wrote: »
    SECTION 1 THE SINGLE TEXT

A. WUTHERING HEIGHTS - Emily Bronte
    (i) Discuss the significance of Nelly Dean's role in the novel Wuthering Heights. Support your answer by suitable reference to the text.
    OR
    (ii) "Love can be seen as both a destructive and positive force in the novel Wuthering Heights:'
    Discuss this view of the novel. Support your answer by suitable reference to the text.
    B. DANCING AT LUGHNASA - Brian Friel
    (i) "In his play Dancing at Lughnasa Brian Friel gives us a revealing insight into many aspects of rural life in 1930s Ireland."
    Discuss this view of the play. Support your points by suitable reference to the text.
    OR
    (ii) "Despite moments of lightheartedness, the play Dancing at Lughnasa leaves the reader with a sense of people leading unfulfilled lives."
    Do you agree with this statement? Support your points by suitable reference to the text

C. KING LEAR - William Shakespeare
    (i) "Love as a redemptive force is a major and memorable Theme in the play King Lear."
    Write a response to this statement, supporting your answer by suitable reference to the text. Textual support may include reference to a particular performance of the play you have seen.
    OR
    "The play King Lear explores the theme of sibling rivalry in a dramatic and interesting way."
    Write a response to this statement. Support your answer by suitable reference to the text. Textual support may include reference to a particular performance of the play you have seen.
    D. THE GRAPES OF WRATH - John Steinbeck
    (i) "In his novel The Grapes of Wrath, Steinbeck gives us a chilling insight into a dark and difficult period in American history."
    OR
    (ii) Write your personal assessment of Tom Joad, outlining the qualities in his character that did or did not appeal to you. Support your answer with the aid of suitable reference to the novel.
    E. THE BLACKWATER LIGHTSHIP - Colm Toibin
    (i) "The theme of love is explored in varied and interesting ways in the novel The Blackwater Lightship."
    OR
    (ii) "In his novel The Blackwater Lightship, Colm Toibin is particularly interested in the significant influence of mothers upon their children."

SECTION II
    THE COMPARATIVE STUDY

THE GENERAL VISION AND VIEWPOINT
    "The vision and viewpoint of a text can be conveyed very effectively in key moments of that text."
    (a) With reference to a key moment in one of your texts, how effectively was the author's vision and viewpoint conveyed?

(b) Compare how key moments in two other texts you have studied in your comparative course helped to convey the author's vision and viewpoint effectively.

OR
    "The author's vision and viewpoint can often be a source of great interest to the reader."
    Compare the texts you have studied in your comparative course in the light of the above statement. Support your comparisons by reference to the texts.

B. LITERARY GENRE
    1. "The skill of an author is nowhere more evident than in his/her creation of a
    convincing and memorable mood or atmosphere. This mood or atmosphere is
    often evident in key moments in the texts."
    (a) Show how this statement applies to one of the texts on your comparative
    course.
    (b) In the light of your answer to part (a) above, compare how the authors created a convincing and memorable mood or atmosphere in key moments in two other texts on your comparative course.
    OR
    2."The use of a distinctive style can make a text particularly enjoyable."
    In the light of the above statement, compare how the distinctive style of the authors helped to make the texts, which you have studied in your comparative course, enjoyable.

B PRESCRIBED POETRY (50 marks)

1. "T. S. Eliot explores themes which are thought-provoking and frequently uses language and imagery which are memorable."
    Do you agree with this assessment of T. S. Eliot? Write a response, supporting your points by reference to the poems you have studied.
    2. "Eavan Boland is a writer who feels strongly about certain issues and writes about them in a clear and effective way."
    Give your response to the poetry of Eavan Boland in the light of this statement. Support your points by reference to the poems you have studied.
    3. "Patrick Kavanagh expresses his themes using language and imagery in a distinctive and imaginative way."
    Do you agree with this assessment of Kavanagh's poetry?' Your answer should focus on both his style and his themes. Support your points by reference to the poems you have studied.
    4. "W. B. Yeats explores themes which are of both personal and universal
    significance and does so in a style which reveals his mastery of his poetic craft."
    To what extent do you agree or disagree with this assessment of Yeats' poetry? Support your points by reference to the poems you have studied.

This is English paper 2 examcraft Higher Level

Hope its usefull!
    OMG I LOVE YOU xXxXx

Thankyou so much xxxxxxxxxxxx

can someone please tell me what proof is on the ordinary maths paper its paper 2 q4 !!!help please xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ArklowGirl

BIOLOGY HL DEB
    Short Qs. Bio Molecules , lipids and proteins and vitamens + trace elements in diet + where salt is found in food

the synapse and what happens at the synaptic cleff , importance of meylin sheath , what is contained in grey and white matter

the electron transpor systems what happens in each , where they take place , what rod nadph plays in dark stage

something about monera and bacteria (i havnt done that chapter sorry)

diffusion and osmosis

and thats all i can remember from that section

the experiments
    heat on enzyme activity , draw a diagram of the apperatus and then they give you a result and like a graph and you have to fill it in and they ask some easy questions bout it like what happens at sixty degrees ect the IAA experiment (growth regulaters) again very straight forward questions about like how you kept the organism in contact with the regulator and what control you used , the leaf yeast experiment i didnt do that question so i dont know what the questions are like

long questions
    q10 the genetics question is normally my easy question i look forward to doing but there genetic cross is not put accross in a way that is easily understood they dont tell you what your crossing anything with or what the 2nd allels are its really weird but both mendels laws come up there too and thena question on the making of amino acids in the RNA with the start stop coding thing you know what im talking bout , em 11 . THE NEPHRON !! draw it and explain how it makes urine then like other excretionary organs and what they get rid of , 12 ecology capture recapture method know the formula for working out the number og organisms and the difference between quantitative and qualitative sureys draw a pyramid of numbers and study a graph and answer questions on who is predator/prey and why , 13 plant reproduction (havnt done the chapter ) 14 a. the membrane ,prokaryotic eukaryotic b.didnt do c is all about the roles of adp , atp nadph , nadp+ and what they sand for and what there used in . 15 a the human reproduction system (havnt done it yet) . b questions on the circulatory system like blood diastole ect and the pace maker and av node .c .is about xylem and phloem and the COHESION TENSION MODEL the name i just could not remeber for the life of me today i knew ow to describe it but i just couldnt say what it was called and then draw a diagram of one of the above mentioned tissues

did the
    ear
    come up...?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lootertooter

Guccit wrote: »
    Does else do religion and f so, have they had the paper yet?

I hav religion dnt no wat company:
    search for meanings was about symbols and stuff
    chrisianity was part a) why was jesus a threat to rome b)talk about a religious denominations attempt to carry out works of jesus (i did salvation army)
    search for meaning you could talk about one moment in the development of independant secular value system

Morality a) about jesus moral vision as expressed in teacings
    b) define funamentalism or relativism and give contemporary example
    Issues of justice and peace was ithink about judaeo-christian understand ing of justice and peace as well as zakat islam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 new.xxxx

anyone with deb business higher level .please.

Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ag science anyone???

Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ag science anyone???

It's obvious no one has ag science at this time.
    Either use the search tool at the top of the the page, it says 'Search this thread' and you might find something then.
    Alternatvely, continue to check back and see if someone replies to your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gavbagg

anyone have examcraft bio paper HL?? i have it tomorro :S

• Registered Users Posts: 28 michaelD1725

maths ol
    can someone please tell me what proof is on the ordinary maths paper its paper 2 q4 !!!help please xx

is this for examcraftor deb i got both just pm me

Thank you so so much.. uve been so helpful..

gavbagg wrote: »
    anyone have examcraft bio paper HL?? i have it tomorro :S

I think that was posted already, just use the search tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Thank you so so much.. uve been so helpful..
    Siggins, posting every two minutes won't actually get you an answer any faster ... :)

On a general note to others, please remember that back-seat modding doesn't go down too well around here either. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,693 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I hav religion dnt no wat company:
    search for meanings was about symbols and stuff
    chrisianity was part a) why was jesus a threat to rome b)talk about a religious denominations attempt to carry out works of jesus (i did salvation army)
    search for meaning you could talk about one moment in the development of independant secular value system

Morality a) about jesus moral vision as expressed in teacings
    b) define funamentalism or relativism and give contemporary example
    Issues of justice and peace was ithink about judaeo-christian understand ing of justice and peace as well as zakat islam

there is only 1 company in Ireland that does the religion papers so everyone has the exact same one :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement