Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2010 *Read first post before posting*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mcgeezer

history ol deb
    irish paper 2 deb ol

poets?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ThePower180

Liveit wrote: »
    single line cold water supply and head and cross-sectional view of a window in a concrete wall or something

And again ... :rolleyes:

What company? Are u sure thats the qs1??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 JohnBrian

knowdy10 wrote: »
    HISTORY OL DEB

PLEASE LIKE IVE HELPED OUT SO MANY PEOPLE JUST HELP ME BACK OUT SOMEBODY HAS TO OV DONE IT IM STRESSING OUT HERE SO BAD :( ITS HALF 9 AND I HAVE IT FIRST THING AT 9 IN THE MORNING JUST SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE DONE ALL MY EXAMS

FRENCH OL
    ENGLISH OL
    IRISH OL
    CONSTRUCTION HL
    GEOG HL
    MATHS OL

ALL DEB

CAN HELP U OUT WITH ANY OF THEM IN RETURN

JUST HELP MEEEEEE :(

document question its just answer docs then the one at the bottom 'What were the sucess and failures of the power-sharing executive in NI'
    section 2 write a paragraph on The Irish Volunteers and a long paragraph on What part did John Redmond play in the Home rule movement - and thats ya sorted for irish section..
    european q learn Church State relations in Italy under mussolini for short q and How did the Nazi party use propaganda and/or the Nuremberg Rallies to support their regime in Germany - for long question .. thats european hist sorted .
    American question know what red scare is and then short q The Moon Landing 1969 - and long question learn Why did Montgomery bus boycott 1956 attract so much attention throughout US for the civil rights movement
    thats all i could find
    Would of posting it earlyer but i only found out myself what was on it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

triedtwice wrote: »
    This is my last chance - sob sob - ag science DEB HL tomorrow and i really haven't got a clue - sob sob again - SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS TO KNOW THE QUESTIONS - IN THE NAME OF GOD PLEASE HELP ME

I'm not trying to be smart, but my guess is that as AgSci tends to be one of the last subjects on the LC timetable, most schools will similarly timetable it at the end of the mocks.

You may just be the first to face into it ... :)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Really need some help, I posted papers earlier. In the french tape is DEB
    the one with the woman at the doctors and the 20 percent salary?

Does anyone have French Higher level DEB Qs if so? Please, it would really mean alot...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

HISTORY HL DEB!

I haven't done this but i found it on here yesterday and would like to see the examcraft one so that i can be doubly prepared.....
    Sovreignty & Partition
    1. Wjhat was the importamce of the Eucharistic Congress, 1932, for government and society in the irish free state, 1923-1932?
    2. How did WWII affect Belfast
    and what impact did this experience have on partition?

Dictatorship and Democracy
    1.Why did Stalin set up show trials in Russia and what were the consequences?
    2. What impact did WWII have on the society and economy of Britain and/or Germany?
    3. Why was Benito Mussolini able to come to power in Italy during the 1920's and how did he successfully consolidate his grip on power prior to WWII?
    4. How was radio & cinema used both socially and politically during the period 1920-1945?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xian14

Hey can some one please post/pm me the EXAMCRAFT physics OL paper?
    I can trade for maths1,2 irish 1,2 physics hl , applied maths, english , chemsitry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Pheima

post on me wrote: »
    ~i feel bad pasting this, good luck to all~~Examcraft wuz eazy,Deb's a harder one~

Q1 Bleach-diluting-why excess Ki used,why kI not I2
    -primary stand usd in radox,indicator used when and calculation M1V1..etc
    Q2 Ethanal-why ice water,why not heat solution,colour changes in flask,silver crystal test,changes for ethanoic
    -calculation of yield-max expected yield if,25cm ethanol added D=0.8g cm3
    Q3 RMM of a volatile liquid.-didn't have this covered.
    Q4 short questions, aromatic acid-base indicator
    -define activation energy
    -know chadwick bombarded with alpha particles
    -configuration of Cr24,molecules in 250cm3, measured at stp
    define catalyst,ch3cooch3(name),2 measurments found from mass spectrometer of elemnt,Ea(actibation energy

Q5 all about electronegativity-ammonia,MgO
    -define electronegativity
    -draw cross dot diagrams
    -differences in boiling points,know how En values effect the bonding
    Q6 fuels
    -heat of combustion calculation
    -define octane rating
    -draw molecule with octane rating of 100
    -lead poisons and oxygenates,carptains(oudurs)
    -refinary fraction for petrol,isomerisation,dehydrocyclisation,components of LPG
    Q7 organic
    -distinguish between elimination, substitution etc
    -C2H5OH->c2h4->c2h6->c2h5Cl
    -know about free radical mechanisms
    -catalyst for 1st conversion<tets for saturaation>
    Q8 acid and conjugate acid.
    NH+(small 4 on end of H) + CO2-(3 end on O) -->HCO(minus(*O3) + NH3(find acid/conj base
    -Ph of a base with K(b) given
    limitation of Ph scale.
    if an indicator that is a weak acid is present as HIn,explain how it works as indicator
    -ammonia+HCL name suitable indicator
    Q9 le chatelier-read over Cobalt chloride and H2o reaction.
    -Kc,it's not difficult just gives Kc and you have to find X moles at end.
    Q10a-Rate of CReaction
    -know its graph(free marks)
    b-neils bohr theory, atomic orbitals,atomic orbit.
    c-oxidation dont wanan type that up its fail Question..:P
    11acalcium carbonate and HCl,Co2 and calcium hydroxide
    know how to get moles-grams and calculations, about room temp and volume.name of solution(ca(Oh)2
    paper chromotargaphy
    and green house effect..

Looking for German to be honest HL examcraft.
    or applied maths..hate being nerd..:P~~

Everyone that is the DEB paper

xian14 wrote: »
    Hey can some one please post/pm me the EXAMCRAFT physics OL paper?
    I can trade for maths1,2 irish 1,2 physics hl , applied maths, english , chemsitry
    Hey could I have physics hl examcraft?!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ColeyBo

This is my last chance - sob sob - ag science DEB HL tomorrow and i really haven't got a clue - sob sob again - SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS TO KNOW THE QUESTIONS - IN THE NAME OF GOD PLEASE HELP ME

hey triedtwice you still looking for that ag science exam? I have it here if you want me to type it up?

• Advertisement

DB10 wrote: »
    Really need some help, I posted papers earlier. In the french tape is DEB
    the one with the woman at the doctors and the 20 percent salary?

Does anyone have French Higher level DEB Qs if so? Please, it would really mean alot...:)

yeah that's the one.

did it today.....it's not actually that bad.

Compulsory:
    The importance of family. OR. something about poverty is something that's effects will be felt for a long time

CHOICE 1:
    Diary: Your parents want to move to a different country, what are your thoughts? OR
    A formal letter to the principal of a french school where you wish to study french. need to ask them to send you a course outline, ask will events be organised outside of school hours, will you be staying on campus, or in Lyon and when your parents come to visit will you be able to stay with them?
    CHOICE 2:
    Terrorism......is the violence ever justified? OR
    Animals. Friends or food?

Choice 3:
    something about the mobile phone being an intimate black box that shows your personality. OR
    the importance of reading.

Hope that helps!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 t-mobile1892

Does ANYONE have the DEB Applied Maths HL Paper??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Kate0004

Pheima wrote: »
    Everyone that is the DEB paper

are you positive..omg you have made my day thank you:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Caron

For every single exam so far iv had deb papers so yno last nyt i went and got myself the entire physics paper and wat lands on my desk this morning but an EXAMCRAFT paper......i can safely say i failed that one. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Kate0004 wrote: »
    are you positive..omg you have made my day thank you:D:D
    100%! Bleach doesn't come up on examcraft I already did mine

Caron wrote: »
    For every single exam so far iv had deb papers so yno last nyt i went and got myself the entire physics paper and wat lands on my desk this morning but an EXAMCRAFT paper......i can safely say i failed that one. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
    Ouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Caron

Skintwin wrote: »
    yeah that's the one.

did it today.....it's not actually that bad.

Compulsory:
    The importance of family. OR. something about poverty is something that's effects will be felt for a long time

CHOICE 1:
    Diary: Your parents want to move to a different country, what are your thoughts? OR
    A formal letter to the principal of a french school where you wish to study french. need to ask them to send you a course outline, ask will events be organised outside of school hours, will you be staying on campus, or in Lyon and when your parents come to visit will you be able to stay with them?
    CHOICE 2:
    Terrorism......is the violence ever justified? OR
    Animals. Friends or food?

Choice 3:
    something about the mobile phone being an intimate black box that shows your personality. OR
    the importance of reading.

Hope that helps!!!

Mint!!! Thank you so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Cat_10

wow I was here at 4.30 today and there was only like 110 pages?!? Safe to say we're all getting desperate, and more and more people are discovering this forum :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mcgeezer

irish deb ol?!!!

DESPERATE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dissapear

could someone please tell me how many questions to answer on HL French? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Dissapear wrote: »
    could someone please tell me how many questions to answer on HL French? :confused:

2 comprehensions in section 1, all questions.

In section 2, the written section, you MUST do question 1, and then you choose two from 2, 3 and 4. (In all 4 there is a choice, do either a or b.)

Hope that helps. :)

seanaor wrote: »
    2 comprehensions in section 1, all questions.

In section 2, the written section, you MUST do question 1, and then you choose two from 2, 3 and 4. (In all 4 there is a choice, do either a or b.)

Hope that helps. :)

hey thanks a lot 4 that..:) anything you need help with??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 michaelD1725

geography examcraft higher level??:D:D please

some of the long questions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭seanaor

Dissapear wrote: »
    hey thanks a lot 4 that..:) anything you need help with??

Nah, im ok thanks. :) im jus glad to help! Sorry i cant say whats comin up, but i dunno how to tell DEB from examcraft...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 triedtwice

ColeyBo wrote: »
    hey triedtwice you still looking for that ag science exam? I have it here if you want me to type it up?
    OH MY GOD - YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

seanaor wrote: »
    Nah, im ok thanks. :) im jus glad to help! Sorry i cant say whats comin up, but i dunno how to tell DEB from examcraft...

ah it's ok, i think im sorted for it anyway! i hope :eek:
    DEB have a barcode on the top left corner of the front page..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Caron wrote: »

I was just about to come to the conclusion that DEB don't make a Physics paper, especially judging by the amount of people here looking for it, and when I read your post I thought that really sealed the deal until I realised that you actually did get a DEB paper in advance but it just didn't come up. Would you mind proving my theory wrong and posting up the info/link? Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 10092

omg please put it up i can tell tat triedtwice is anxious about this exam too!!! You would be my saviour if you could put it up!!

Has ANYONE got the HL History and boilogy EXAMCRAFT papers????????

Please guys......I've given out loads of papers.....mail me if ye need Irish HL, French Hl English HL or Home Ec HL DEB papers and if ye've got the history and bio papers let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 ColeyBo

OH MY GOD - YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

k...I just wrote it all out on allhons so here it is:
    1. Answer any six of the following:
    (a) Describe photosynthesis in plants by means of a balanced chemical equation.
    (b) Differentiate between epigeal and hypogeal germination
    (c) Outline the importance of autumn ploughing in tillage farming.
    (d) State the function of EACH of the following in the animal body:
    (i)Nephron
    (ii)Colon
    (iii) Ureter
    (e) Outline a test which can be carried out to show the presence of a NAMED carbohydrate in an animal foodstuff.
    (f) Describe a suitable method for taking soil samples from a field.
    (g) State which phylum each of the following belond to@
    (i)Water snail
    (ii) Leatherjacket
    (iii) Lungworm
    (iv) Earthworm
    (h) Outline the importance of the organism Babesia in agriculture.
    (i) When is the optimal time for cutting grass for silage? Why is this the optimal time?
    (j) What is a notifiable disease? Give an example of ONE such disease.
    2. (a) Describe an experiment to demonstrate flocculation in soil.
    (b) Acid leaching can have a negative effect on soil and subsequently on a crop.
    (i) What is leaching?
    (ii) State ONE way leaching can impact negatively on the environment.
    (iii) Describe TWO ways of preventing leaching in soil.
    (c) Descrive how parent rock material influences any FOUR NAMED physical OR chemical characteristics of a soil.
    OPTION ONE:
    3. (a) Describe the indirect methods of weed and pest control carried out on a tillage farm.
    (b) Outline the main cultivation practices carried out in the production of a NAMED root crop.
    (c) Compare and contrast TWO named methods of sowing grass seed in order to improve a field used as grazing pasture.
    OPTION TWO:
    3. (a) Discuss suckler beef production under the following headings:
    (i) Compensatory growth
    (ii) Influence of sex status on growth and development
    (b) Outline how nutritional diseases may be prevented in livestock.
    (c)(i) Describe a suitable feeding regime for ewes in the final six weeks prior to lambing.
    (ii) Explain the risk to ewes associated with a poor feeding regime.
    4. Describe a laboratory or field method to show any TWO of the following:
    (a) The eating quality of ware potatoes.
    (b) The total solids content of a sample of milk.
    (c) The transport of water in plants.
    (d) The productivity of an area of grassland.
    5. (a) Describe the role of the following hormones in the animal body and state the gland in which each hormone is produced:
    (i) Lutenising hormone
    (ii) Thyroxine
    (iii) Prolactin
    (iv) Oxytocin
    (b) (i) Outline the function of the liver in metabolism.
    (ii) Describe the effects of liver fluke on a ruminant animal and state ONE method of preventing liver fluke.
    (c) Concentrates are widely used as a source of animal nutrition.
    (i) Name FOUR specific types of food concentrates used in animal feed.
    (ii) State why EACH of these is used in animal feed.
    6. (a) Describe how the growth of grass can affect the feeding management of a diary cow.
    (b) Compare and contrast the principles of conservation of grass for winter feed as (i) silage and (ii) hay.
    (c) Discuss the rearing of a spring-born calf out on grass under the following headings:
    (i) Disease control
    (ii) Growth rate
    (iii) Feeding principles.
    7. (a) Explain EACH of the following terms in relation to genetics in agriculture:
    Crossing over
    Polyploidy
    Genotype
    Allele.
    (b) In chickens the allele for brown feathers is B and the allele for white feathers is b. The heterozygous condition is speckled. A speckled feathered chicken was crossed with another speckled feathered chicken. The chickens that resulted from the cross were as follows: four brown feathered checkens, eight speckled feathered chickens and four white feathered chickens.
    (i) Explain the variations in the phenotypes which resulted from this cross.
    (ii) Demonstrate with the use of a suitable cross, how the variations in the phenotype can occur.
    (c) Describe how a farm might improve the genetic merit of a breeding herd of cattle.
    8. Answer any TWO of the following:
    (a) Compare and contrast the feeding regime for a bonham and a lamb from birth to six months
    (b) Organic farming limits the use of synthetic fertilisers, pesticides and livestock feed additives in agriculture. Outline suitable practices that may be used on an organic farm in relation to the following:
    (i) Addition of nutrients to soil
    (ii) Pest control
    (iii) Weed control
    (iv0 Liveweight gain in animals.
    (c) (i) Write brief notes on each of the following topics:
    1. Vaccination.
    2. Passive immunity.
    (ii) Outline the role of red blood corpuscles, white blood cells and platelets in the animal body.
    9. Give a scientific explanation for any FOUR of the following:
    (a) The use of ground rock phosphate as a fertiliser in forestry.
    (b) The docking of lambs' tails
    (c) The inclusion of grasses with a variety of heading out dates in a seed mixture for grazing.
    (d) Mixed grazing of cattle and sheep.
    (e) The introduction of ladybirds to a root crop enterprise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement