Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2010 *Read first post before posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BrianOSuilleabh

darkul wrote: »
    did my french honours paper todai :eek: dam it wasnt too hard spoiler:
    on the opinion piece their is one about terrorism, the letter is an application for anoither school in france, their is also an opinion piece on animals friend or enemy, the q1 is about from wat i remember why is family important somefin like tht, the q4 has a bit about why is reading important and finally the comprehensions arent as hard as expected i did take m time but i got all right i fink

english spoiler:
    general vison on the key moments and literacy genre i duno wah the question is, eavan boland, yeats, longley, the king lear essay is on evil is very powerfull but the forces of love over come it, its a theme question, not too hard
    By any chance do you remember any of the answers to the tape? My french teacher is terrible and this is the first tape our class will do for the leaving cert! Please i really need them

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭davestar

x.soph.x wrote: »
    pleaseeee can someone give me the Ordinary level Chemistry paper??:confused:

Our teacher gave us a few hints about chemistry. Dont know what papers we use yet but she told us Spoiler:
    to concentrate on the redox titration experiments rather than acid/base. There is a question on ph tied in with water. There is a question on equilibrium, I think on the experiments to show le chateliers principle.
    The rest is the usual format of the exam papers.
    Hope this helps!smile.gif

DEB Irish paper 2(HL) ... DEB Maths paper 1(OL)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 x.soph.x

davestar wrote: »
    yup :)
    Thanks x im screwed lol x i really want someone ta send me the paper lol x

x.soph.x wrote: »
    Thanks x im screwed lol x i really want someone ta send me the paper lol x

Try typing it in on the search bar :)

• Advertisement

Try typing it in on the search bar :)
    i have lol x but literally cant find anything! :( x there must be someone out there whos done the bloody paper lol xx

DEB Irish paper 2(HL) ... DEB Maths paper 1(OL)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 supergrover91

can someone pleasw pm it to me or just post it again please!!! ive been searching but there so much to filter through. would be a great help
    i think my school is the latest to start. today was our first with eng p1

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

Could really do with someone sendin me the papers. Anyone got them? Let me know if you do and ill PM my email address to you!

can someone pleasw pm it to me or just post it again please!!! ive been searching but there so much to filter through. would be a great help
    i think my school is the latest to start. today was our first with eng p1

ENGLISH PAPER 2 DEBS

Spoiler:
    PAPER 2

Section 1: (pick i) or ii))
    Wuthering Heights
    i) Love story between Catherine and Heathliff describe etc.
    ii) Evil + revenge

Dancing at Lughnasa
    i) Kate's superiority - interesting
    ii) Close family life torn apart

King Lear
    i) Although criticized, given sympathy by reminding us of his suffering
    ii) Forces of evil overcome by redeeming forces of love

Grapen of Wrath
    i)Horrifying and heartbreaking
    ii) Nobel prize - "great work", do you agree?

Blackwater Lightship
    i) Love and (can't read my own writing, ends in "ansness" - family
    ii) coming to terms with past

Section 2
    General Vision and Viewpoint
    i) "..is made clear through key moments.." discuss
    ii) adds to enjoyment (discuss for 1, compare 2)

Literary Genre
    i) helps us engage with plot - compare min. 2
    ii) adds to interest (discuss 1, compare 2)

Section 3
    Unseen poem is "Engineers Corner"
    1i) ironic or sincere
    ii) enjoyment
    2) personal response - impact

Prescribed
    i)TS Eliot - memorable themes, fresh and innovative
    -agree?
    ii) Eavan Boland - public and personal
    -personal response mentioning themes
    iii) WB Yeats - powerful images and impressive descriptions
    -give a talk to classmates
    iv) Michael Longly - confronts difficult issues, striking imagery, direct shocking language
    - personal response to imagery and language

• Advertisement

DEB Irish paper 2(HL) ... DEB Maths paper 1(OL)...

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

Examcraft German HL:
    [*]Comprehension 1 is about a fisherman and a tourist. It's all a bit odd.
    [*]Grammatik is one of those ones with singular/plural, which case and which gender and the second part is changing sentences to the imperfekt.
    [*]Comprehension 2 is about the enviornment, how we are damaging it by doing sports.
    [*]Ausserung is enviornment or smoking/addictions
    [*]Letter is your last year in school, recession, part-time jobs, hobbies (music, sport, going out and Facebook)
    [*]Picture is of a homeless person and questions all about poverty and homelessness in Ireland and something about how it is now compared to the time of your grandparents.

DEB Chemistry HL:
    [*]Q1. Bleach titration
    [*]Q2. Prep. of ethanal
    [*]Q3. Relative molecular mass of a volatile liquid
    [*]Q4. Aromatic acid-base indicator, who discovered the neutron and how?, electronic config. of chromium, stoichiometry problem, define catalyst, eqn. for temporary hardness in water, name: CH3COOCH3, measurements from mass spectrum of an element, what is removed in the tert. treatment of sewage, define activation energy, place CO2, methane and water in order of greenhouse effect and name two solid substances added to iron ore in a blast furnace to extract the iron.
    [*]Q5. Define electronegativity, explain why electroneg. values increase across a period, predict bonding in (i) ammonia and (ii) magnesium oxide, dot and cross diagram of bonding in magnesium oxide and does it dissolve in hexane?, Dot and cross to show bonding in ammonia and why bond angle is 107 degrees, why ammonia has a higher boiling point than methane.
    [*]Q6. Define octane no., name fraction in oil refinery that is suitable for petrol, draw and name hydrocarbon with octane no. of 100, explain isomerisation and dehydrocyclisation, why is lead unsuitable for improving octane no. and name an oxygenate that improves octane no., two components of LPG and what is added to give a smell, heat of formation of methane.
    [*]Q7. Mechanisms, addition, substitution and elimination reactions.
    [*]Q8. Define acid and conjugate pair according to Bronsted-Lowry, pH calc., limitations of pH scale, explain how HIn works as an indicator, suitable indicator for ammonia sol/HCl titration and why?
    [*]Q9. Le Chatelier, cobalt chloride exp., eq'm. calc.
    [*]Q10. (a) Rate of chemical reaction, effect of time, temp, reactions in ionic and covalent compounds. (b) Bohr - atomic orbit and orbital, series of lines in hydrogen spectrum, why lines are emitted from hydrogen gas that is conducting electricity (c) Define oxidation, oxidation no. calc., how to use a sodium sulfite to demonstrate that chlorine water is an oxidising agent, explain why oxidising strength of halogens decreases down the group.
    [*]Q11. (a) Stoichiometry calc. (b) Principle of chromatography, TLC, gas chromatography (c) Greenhouse effect and gases OR crystal structure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 supergrover91

thanks davestar. you've just saved my entire tomorrow.:D:):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 DawsonDaGreat

nebody have debs construction HL i have all other papers 4 debs HL so if you have dem PM me plz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sop

tara6992 wrote: »
    Can someone please send me the geog mock deb or examcraft it would be much apprechiated I have Irish paper two OL examcraft

can i have that irish paper?i dont do geography. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Laura Jane

Higher level FRENCH and CONSTRUCTION please!!!:):)

will someone email them to me???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 aaaaahhhhh

Anyone got hl history examcraft..or french..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sop

RooneySRFC wrote: »
    I have English paper I and II HL, Maths Paper I and II OL, Geography HL, French HL, Irish paper I and II OL.

All DEB.

Looking for Business and Accounting DEB.

irish paper 2? would be such a help!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Noel10

Hey I know the sections tat r coming up
    in ur accounting test but not the actual q's if tats any help???can u send the geography to my email-
    noelgillen@yahoo.ie

• Advertisement

thanks davestar. you've just saved my entire tomorrow.:D:):D

;)

DEB Irish paper 2(HL) ... DEB Maths paper 1(OL)...

Instead of me looking for the papers for tomorrows tests... ill study! haha. Ive done nothing for any other test except learn off answers:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 DearbhaileB

Art History. Higher Level Exam craft paper. Anybody ?? ;[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 w1lko

Claire92 wrote: »
    how do you find out what is written behind the spoilers?:confused:i really need help with irish higher level paper 2!! ;)

Highlight the text (click at the start of the grey box and drag your mouse to the end)
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Anyone with Geography DEB?

the poor girl :D somebody send it to her pleasssssssssssse :)
    lol i giv up :P ... looks like im jus gonna hav ta study x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Alice10

Does anyone have maths paper 2 DEB please??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 falala

any one have english examcraft paper 2 ???? PLEASE!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭babyt1

please some one bio and geog examcraft please will do anythin for them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement