Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2010 *Read first post before posting*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chewy707

Skykes wrote: »
    mathcraft, OL maths, paper one.
    Q2)I
    Write 2(square root)x +1(over___)(squareroot)x
    II Find the value of x for which x(to the power of 2x+1) = 8(to the power of x) (over 4)
    I know that question sounds hard for OL but once you get the first part out the rest gets easier.
    q3)a. Solve the inequality 7x+4>(less than or equal to)5x-6
    b)(I) Solve for x and y x+2y =1 ~~x(squared) -2y(squared)=1
    ii, therefore, find the two possible values of 2y-x(cubed)
    c)Solve the equation x=2x+3(over) x+6. Write solution in minus B formula, verify one solution.

Q4)All on imaginary numbers, modulus.
    a, let w=-2+3i ~~ calculate |6+w|
    The rest has symbols I cant do or type, but its an Argand diagram.
    c)z=12-5i
    find k such that 2z+k(-1+2i)=13(2-i)-i
    ii)Find the real numbers s & t such that
    (1+i)(s+ti)=z

Q5)All on sequence and series
    a)first term of an arithmetic series is 32 and the common difference is -4, Find the 9th term.
    b)i. T(then theres a little n beside the T) =2(cubed-n)
    Find a, the first term, find r the common ratio find an expression for 6(small 6 beside it)
    c)the sum of the first N terms of an arithmetic series is given by s(small n) =n(over5) (n-16).
    use S1 and S2 to find a, the first term and d, the common difference
    Find an expression for Tn, the nth term of the series
    how many terms of the series is less than 0

you friend, are a hero!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 donalctnd

Alri people! ive searched high and low for these but am only finding requests

Biology OL
    Irish paper 2 OL

I have the 2 maths OL papers here if anyone needs them so much appreciation for some help thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 oasis-fan

any1 got the english DEB HL please?? i have english and geog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BrickenIt

oasis-fan wrote: »
    any1 got the english DEB HL please?? i have english and geog

I know what came up in paper 1 if its anygood to you

BrickenIt wrote: »
    I know what came up in paper 1 if its anygood to you
    anything will do me at this stage!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BrickenIt

english Deb paper 1
    the text i did is a review of the film, the pursuit of happiness with will smith with questions about what impressed the author, how the lead actor is a beacon of hope and features of writing that could persuade you to watch this film.

B on text 3 is a letter to a judging panel of a photography competition reccommending one of the images in text 3

the essays were, write an essay on things in life that arouse your enthusiasm, write a modern day fairytale , write a article for a magazine telling people how to deal with parental pressure and an essay warning people of the dangers of being over competitive.

i know that boland and yeats is comming up in paper 2

thats all i remember

brilliant...thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shamkearney

anybody got maths hl examcraft paper 2?....i can only find the ordinary leve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 xtine

Deb Higher Level English Paper 1 :
    text 1: is about the galway races, know hoe to answer what impression of the write do you get, does his desciption appeal to you, and the authors style of writing. The B part of that q is write a report for your local radio descibing the 'conspicous effort' the ladies made to attract the attention of the the judges.
    text 2:q a -> know how to outline the aspects that impressed you, do you agree with writers assertion that its a beacon of hope and writers style and does the review make you want to watch the movie (pursuit of happyness) q B : imagine you are a homeless person .write a detailed diary entry describing how you feel as you cope with a typical day on the streets
    text 3: there is 6 pics -> people in a hurley match, tigers fighting, girls putting on make up, a boy thinking in an exam, two boys playing chess, and a wheelchair race. question a : which image best captures the idea of competition, most important point in text and what role does competition play in today's world? question b: write a latter to a judging panel of a photography comp. recommeneding one of the pics.

section 2:
    1: write a personal essay on the things in life that arouse your enthusiasm
    2:write a speech in which you attempt to persuade an audience that beauty contests are demeaning to women.
    3: write a modern-day fairytale which would appeal to children today.
    4: write a short story suggested by the phrase -> "the triumph of the human spirit"
    5:write an article for a magazine for young adult readers in which you give them advice about how to deal with parental pressure
    6: write a persuasive article or essay in which you warn people of the dangers of being overly competitive.
    7: write a short story in which one of the images in text 3 plays a central part in the plot

Good Luck =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Babezz.

Can anyone help with these please:

geography questions
    physics actual paper
    chemistry actual paper?

ALL HIGHER LEVEL AND EXAMCRAFT...

Please PM me, would really appreciate it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭kev_like

right well i have my ag science mock tomorrow and I've kinda neglected the subject all year,which means i know sfa about it tbh ;o

so has anyone here done it yet? if you have PLEASE give me some hints xD

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

donalctnd wrote: »
    Alri people! ive searched high and low for these but am only finding requests

Biology OL
    Irish paper 2 OL

I have the 2 maths OL papers here if anyone needs them so much appreciation for some help thanks!

all i can remember is that the a part was fiche bliana ag fas summary,when they were in the pub & tomas character & the choice was cearbhach mac caba
    b was theme either young,love and some other ones,stories bhean og and clar sa speir and choice was about the saem stories but write abt a character

poems was faosieamh or jack,describe jack,opinion on poem,theme,pictures,1 q in faosieamh was write what the poet meant when he said the horrible talk of city pple.
    b was gealt either theme (happy or scared there was other 1s i cant remeber) or feelings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Bubblebeard

BrickenIt wrote: »
    english Deb paper 1
    the text i did is a review of the film, the pursuit of happiness with will smith with questions about what impressed the author, how the lead actor is a beacon of hope and features of writing that could persuade you to watch this film.

B on text 3 is a letter to a judging panel of a photography competition reccommending one of the images in text 3

the essays were, write an essay on things in life that arouse your enthusiasm, write a modern day fairytale , write a article for a magazine telling people how to deal with parental pressure and an essay warning people of the dangers of being over competitive.

i know that boland and yeats is comming up in paper 2

thats all i remember
    I have both papers , the first text on paper one was a guy reporting about the Galway Rcaes , Ladies Day and the women going drssed up and stuffs
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Finished!!!!!!!!!:D:D
    Anyone need any hints for DEB maths, Irish, English, chemistry or biology (all higher), just let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 falala

this wat iv done
    english geog irish (examcraft)
    maths french (deb)
    al higher

pm me if u want

ne body hav home ec deb or ne ting music

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

falala wrote: »
    ne body hav home ec deb

Highlight:
    classification of vegetables (know 3)
    Sodium & 4 properties of it
    3 processes of dehydration or something!
    diagram of mould and label parts (sporangium etc.)
    3 effects of obesity in adults
    Thats all i can remember of short Q's..
    Long Q's
    1. All about milk. ie. impotance of processing
    2 methods of processing & their effects!
    Vitamin C (Biological Uses, Sources and prperties)
    Economic factrs & Food labelling impacts peoples food choices how?

Dont know Q2 or 3 (i didnt do them)
    Q4 was all about housing fincance, mortgage interest types, house insurance, factors to conider before getting a mortgage..
    Q5 was all about family. Role of old people in the family, How old people can become socially, physically and economically independant, and how can generation conflict be caused!
    Elective Q on social studies was Poverty, and education and work ethic!

cumpulsory question is on milk! the table is about whole milk..skimmed milk and condensed milk. know about milk processing and two types of milk processing.
    theres a 20 marker in that about vitamin c so study that! biological functions...properties and sources. know about food labelling and how someones economic situation afects there food choice.

short questions.....how glyceride is formed. function of sodium and 4 sources. parts of fridge. 3 risks associated with obesity.

question 4 was about mortagage....the diff interest rates...buyin on credit....and 2 types of insurance.

question 5 was roles in the family!

Also please use correct language D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Bubblebeard

gemxpink wrote: »
    Highlight:
    classification of vegetables (know 3)
    Sodium & 4 properties of it
    3 processes of dehydration or something!
    diagram of mould and label parts (sporangium etc.)
    3 effects of obesity in adults
    Thats all i can remember of short Q's..
    Long Q's
    1. All about milk. ie. impotance of processing
    2 methods of processing & their effects!
    Vitamin C (Biological Uses, Sources and prperties)
    Economic factrs & Food labelling impacts peoples food choices how?

Dont know Q2 or 3 (i didnt do them)
    Q4 was all about housing fincance, mortgage interest types, house insurance, factors to conider before getting a mortgage..
    Q5 was all about family. Role of old people in the family, How old people can become socially, physically and economically independant, and how can generation conflict be caused!
    Elective Q on social studies was Poverty, and education and work ethic!

cumpulsory question is on milk! the table is about whole milk..skimmed milk and condensed milk. know about milk processing and two types of milk processing.
    theres a 20 marker in that about vitamin c so study that! biological functions...properties and sources. know about food labelling and how someones economic situation afects there food choice.

short questions.....how glyceride is formed. function of sodium and 4 sources. parts of fridge. 3 risks associated with obesity.

question 4 was about mortagage....the diff interest rates...buyin on credit....and 2 types of insurance.

question 5 was roles in the family!

Also please use correct language D:

Then compressor and condensor in a fridge :) (on the short q's !)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 xxpuddinxx

hey.......anybody no wats on d HL french paper, the one wit the bar code?? and irsh HL no bar code or tick.

FRENCH HL DEB (ONE WITH THE BARCODE)

Okay I have FRENCH DEB

Comprehension 1:
    Pauvreté en Europe
    4i) FInd a verb in the "présent de l'indicatif"
    6) Do you agree that the comprehension gives us a picture of child poverty?
    Comprehension 2
    (It was a literature piece about relationships/nature/family)
    4i) un verbe pronominal a l'imparfait
    4ii) un verbe au passé simple
    6) what type of person is Ludvinne
    Compulsory Q1
    a) Selon Q1 "la pauvreté est un probleme de fond, qui touche un grand nombre de personnes et dont les conséquences se feront tres longtemps sentir" etes-vous d'accord? (90 mots)
    b) Et vous, est-ce que vous pense que la famille est important dans la vie?..

Choice 1
    a) Vos parents viennent d'annoncer qu'ils veulent déménger dans un nouveau pays.. pense..?
    b) You wish to learn French in an institute in France, write a letter to the school principal telling them:
    i) how long you have been learning French and you standard of French
    ii) ask them to send you an outline of the course (basically a brochure)
    iii) will you live on campus or in the city of Lyon
    iv) are social events organised on campus
    v) your parents will be visiting for a weekend, can you stay with them (made no sense!?)

Choice 2
    a) Le terrorisme est l'emploi systematique de la violence (attentats, assassinats, enlerements..) a des fin politiques. Il faut nous demander si la violence est-elle jamais justicé.
    b)Les animaux: nourriture ou amis

Choice 3
    a) Le téléphone portable est de plus considéré comme "un boite noire intime" ou l'on dpose tout ce qui constitute sa personnalté, ses centres, d'intérers, en photos, musique etc. (thoughts?)
    b) Savoir lire entail vraiment important?

Listening, tricky bits (you'll understand when you see the questions):
    Spoiler: economic reasons; boss couldn't afford to pay them
    20% paycut
    Got to sleep at 1am
    went to library
    passionate and perseverance
    looking out windows
    they crashed into an ATM/ticket machine
    anxiety

BUSINESS HL EXAMCRAFT!!

Short QS:
    1) Calculate break even and margin of safety

2) Explain manpower planning and give 1 advantage
    3) 3 grounds on which dismissal is deemed fair

4) Explain memorandum of association & article of association

5) 2 duties of a chairperson
& 2 duties of a secretary

6) Calculate balance of trade
& balance of payments
    7) Draw an organisation structure of your choice
    8 ) Importance of a) a P&L account and b) a balance sheet for a business
    ABQ:
    1) 3 entrepreneurial characteristics/skills and 2 that he could improve upon. (could improve upon HR & motivational)
    2) Sources of finance he needed to set up his business
    3) How could he improve his managerial skills
    Long Questions:
    Question 1:
    a) Identify 2 parties in a business and describe a co-operative relationship between them.
    b) The ways in which a legal contract may be terminated (20 marks) with examples
    c) Evaluate the role of the labour relations commission plays in industrial disputes. Refer to the central role of the rights commissioner.

Questions 2:
    a)i) Explain the service sector (tertiary)
    a)ii) Discuss the importance of the service sector to the Irish economy
    b) The impact that interest rates and taxation have on business activity in Ireland

Question 4:
    a) Organising is an important management activity. Discuss.
    b) Illustrate the difference between enterprise and management (under 3 headings)
    c) Draw up and agenda and minutes for an LTD. Make all necessary assumptions

Question 6:
    a) Explain 3 types of production with examples
    b) Draft a business plan
    [About a guy who wants to take over the holiday park his holiday home is in. It's 10 years old, wants to turn it into an eco holiday home place for the Irish, British and American climate conscious holiday makers. Has 150,000 in savings, thinks he can get a grant for 150,000 and wants a business loan for the rest. There will be a recycling plant and solar panels on each house.]

Question 7:
    a) Explain marketing concept
    b) Outline 2 advantages of adopting a marketing concept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

whey!!!!!!!! finished the mocks thank god!

madlad88 wrote: »
    whey!!!!!!!! finished the mocks thank god!

Sameee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

how did pple do the q on the line maths paper 2 ord level

srry i dont noe wat company it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 falala

ceist 1 - pros ainmnithe

(a) "is iontach go deo an leiriu a dheantar ar an gcineal saoil a bhi ag beirt oganach ag tus an cheid seo caite sa sliocht seo as an dirbheathaisneis fiche blian ag fas". dean ple gairid air sin.

no

"ta codarsnach laidir sa drama la bui bealtaine idir oige agus seanaois, idir gra agus gruaim, idir greann agus tragoid". an raiteas sin a phle.

no

"faighimid leargas cuimsitheach sa ghearrscannan clare sa speir ar an bposadh sa la ata inniu ann agus ar na deacrachtai a bhionn le saru ag lanuineacha." dean ple gairid air sin.

(b) maidir leis an sliocht as ursceal lig sinn i gcathu, dean ple gairid ar an bpictiur a leiritear ann de mhac leinn ollscoile.

no

tabhair cuntas gairid ar an bpairt ata ag do rogha beirt diobh seo a leanas sa sliocht as lig sinn i gcathu agus ar a mhead a chuireann siad, dar leat, le heifeacht an tsleachta: an puca, an monsignor de blaca, an sparanai.

(let me know what long story ur doin, im not ritin dem all out :))

ceist 3:

(a) (i) maidir leis an dan jack, dean cur sios, i d'fhocail fein, ar na mothuchain ata le sonru ann.
    (ii) dean tracht gairid ar eifeacht na husaide a bhaineann an file, dar leat, as do rogha dha cheann diobh seo a leanas: suiomh, friotal, iomhanna..

(il finish later!! :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 XAnneLX

Skykes wrote: »
    mathcraft, OL maths, paper one.
    Q2)I
    Write 2(square root)x +1(over___)(squareroot)x
    II Find the value of x for which x(to the power of 2x+1) = 8(to the power of x) (over 4)
    I know that question sounds hard for OL but once you get the first part out the rest gets easier.
    q3)a. Solve the inequality 7x+4>(less than or equal to)5x-6
    b)(I) Solve for x and y x+2y =1 ~~x(squared) -2y(squared)=1
    ii, therefore, find the two possible values of 2y-x(cubed)
    c)Solve the equation x=2x+3(over) x+6. Write solution in minus B formula, verify one solution.

Q4)All on imaginary numbers, modulus.
    a, let w=-2+3i ~~ calculate |6+w|
    The rest has symbols I cant do or type, but its an Argand diagram.
    c)z=12-5i
    find k such that 2z+k(-1+2i)=13(2-i)-i
    ii)Find the real numbers s & t such that
    (1+i)(s+ti)=z

Q5)All on sequence and series
    a)first term of an arithmetic series is 32 and the common difference is -4, Find the 9th term.
    b)i. T(then theres a little n beside the T) =2(cubed-n)
    Find a, the first term, find r the common ratio find an expression for 6(small 6 beside it)
    c)the sum of the first N terms of an arithmetic series is given by s(small n) =n(over5) (n-16).
    use S1 and S2 to find a, the first term and d, the common difference
    Find an expression for Tn, the nth term of the series
    how many terms of the series is less than 0

Is this maths paper examcraft ? ? ? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

Hey, our teacher was looking through out business mock today and i saw the front. It had a barcode in the top right hand corner and a tick on the left hand side about a quarter of the way down. What company is this?

Mwah wrote: »
    Hey, our teacher was looking through out business mock today and i saw the front. It had a barcode in the top right hand corner and a tick on the left hand side about a quarter of the way down. What company is this?

This one: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64442797&postcount=2540

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

THANKS SO MUCH!! :D

Mwah wrote: »
    THANKS SO MUCH!! :D

Hit the thanks button instead of making more posts (thumbs up beside my post ;])!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

gemxpink wrote: »
    Hit the thanks button instead of making more posts (thumbs up beside my post ;])!

Not half looking for the thanks there are you!!!:D
    You cant use the thanks if you have <25 posts!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement