Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2010 *Read first post before posting*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

gemxpink wrote: »
    Can't believe this thread got 250,000+ views... talk about desperation!

Well the average person who uses these "tips" probably viewed this thread about 100 times by now :P. Even I who didn't look at this thread for the mocks came in after it to look at the questions b/c I forgot to bring the exam papers home >_<.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Daisyxx

The joys of having finished the mocks....need any help I'm here guys!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

King Lear:
    (i) "While we may critise Lear for his actions, Shakespeare ensures our sympathy for him by reminding us of suffering."
    (ii) "In King Lear, Shakespeare dramatically presents us with a world in which the powerful forces of evil are overcome by the redemptive forces of love.

VISION + VIEWPOINT
    1. "The general vision and viewpoint of many texts is frequently made clear to the reader through the use of key moments"
    2. "The general vision and viewpoint of a text can add greatly to the readers enjoyment of the text."

POETRY
    1. "T.S. Elliot presents memorable themes in a fresh and innovative way."
    2. "In her poetry, Eavan Boland explores personal and public issues in an interesting way."
    3. "W.B Yeats deals with an interesting variety of subjects and his poetry is full of powerful images and impressive descriptions."
    4. "Michael Longley confronts difficult issues in his poetry. His imagery is striking and his language is direct and often shocking."

What are the questions on these quotes??
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 XAnneLX

Hey can some1 help me out ? I was wonderin for HL english exacraft what unseen poem is comin up and the verbs in the comprehensions for French HL examcraft :) Thanks :):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Yupp2010

Does anyone have DEB Biology in good detail? Please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ThePower180

Anyone have DEB English?!?

I searched the thread but there are different things being said about it so i don't know which one is right..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

so did
    sunningdale
    appear on all the mocks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

hi looking for history pres.not sure if deb or examcraft..eider one will do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Artdy

Does anyone have HL Maths DEB and Physics DEB, please?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gcaj92

If any one could give me both available history papers and both irish company paper 1s it would be brilliant:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Eternaldream

Does ANYONE know the what the Grammer section of German DEB was?? Please, anyone?? :( x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 w1lko

Hey. If anybody has them done could you please pm me the applied maths and physics mock papers. Both HL. Either examcraft of DEB would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 __efa__

Spoiler:
    Q.1-Company Final Accounts (120marks)
    Q.2-Casfflow Statement (60 marks)
    Q.3-Depreciation of Fixed Assets (60 marks)
    Q.4-Debtors Control Account (60 marks)
    Q.5-Interpretation of Accounts (100 marks)
    Q.6-Club Accounts ( 100 marks)
    Q.7-Correction and Errors of Suspense Account
    Q.8-Marginal Costing (80 marks)
    Q.9-Flexible Budgeting (80 marks)

Section 1 : Text 1 : Ladies at the Galway races
    A)i)What impression of the writer do you get from this text?
    ii)Does the writer's description of ladies day at the galway races appeal to you?
    iii)Select 4 feutures of the authors style of writing evident in the text and comment on their effectiveness.
    B)"...conspicuous effort to dress up"
    Write a report for your local radio describing the 'conspicuous effort' the ladies made to attract the attention of the judges.

Text 2: Competing Against Adversity
    A)i)According to the writer the film, Pursuit of Happyness, is a "gem of a movie". In your own words, outline the aspects of the film that impressed the author most.
    ii)To what extent would you agree with the writers assertion that Chris Gardner is a "beacon of hope"?
    iii)Would this review persuade you to watch this film? Refer to the writers style in your answer.
    B)"...be forever homeless..."
    Imagine you are a homeless person. Write a detailed diary entry describing how you feel as you cope with a typical day on the streets.

Text 3 : Competition
    A)i)Which one of the visual images, in your opinion, best captures the idea of competition?
    ii)What, in your opinion, is the most important point the writer makes in the written element of the text?
    iii)Taking the written and the visual elements of the text into account, what role does competition play in todays world?
    B)TWrite a letter to the judging panel of a photography competition in which you recommend one of the images in Text 3 for a specific award category of your choice.

Section 2 : Composing
    1."...the frock-wearers' enthusiasm"
    Write a personal essay on the things in life that arrouse your enthusiasm.
    2."Isn't she lovely!"
    Write a speech in which you attempt to persuade an audience that beauty contests are demeaning to women.
    3."...a modern-day Cinderella..."
    Write a modern-day fairytale which would appeal top chhildren today.
    4."...the triumph of the human spirit"
    Write a short story suggested by the above phrase.
    5."...parents screaming encouragement from the sidelines"
    Write an article for a magazine for young adult readers in which you give them advice how to deal with parental pressure.
    6."...we are always aware of the Joneses..."
    Write a persuasive article or essay in which you warn people of the dangers of being overly competitive.
    7.Write a short story in which one of the images in Text 3 plays a central part in the plot.
    Images:A hurling game, 2 lions fighting, 3 small girls putting on make-up, a boy doing his exams, 2 little boys playing chess and a girl in a wheelchair competing in the special olympics.

Aiste:
    a)Muinin agus an pholaitiocht.
    b)Trialacha agus triobloidi an duine oig.
    c)Tabhacht an ghra i saol an duine.

Sceal:
    a)Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam.
    b)Macantacht.

Alt Nuachtain/Irise:
    a)Ta tu ag smaoineamh ar dhul isteach sna gardai siochana agus chuir tu agallamh ar gharda siochana faoi nd deacrachtai ata acu inniu.
    Scriobh alt, bunaithe ar an agallamh sin, d'iris na scoile.
    b)Chuir to agallamh ar fhear a chaith treimhse i bpriosun faoin todhchai ata roimhe.
    Scrioch alt, bunaithe ar an agallamh sin, don nuachtan aitiuil,

Diospoireacht/Oraid:
    a)Scriobh an chaint a dheanfa i ndiospoireacht scoile ar son an ruin seo a leanas no ina aghsidh.
    "Is e an t-airgead bun agus barr gach oilc"
    b)Iarradh ort labhsirt ag cruinniu i gclub oige ar an teama seo:"An saol ata i ndan duinn go leir sna blianta ata romhainn"
    Scriobh an oraid a thabherfa aga an gcruinniu.

I posted Irish and English paper 1-higher level- DEB and Accounting-higher level - DEB spoilers. Have also done Biology - higher level - DEB, Maths - paper 1 - higher level - DEB and French - higher level - DEB if anyone has questions.

If anyone has Maths, English, Irish or Music, All higher, all DEB and all except music paper 2's, i would really appreciate it! Thanks!!

Daisyxx wrote: »
    The joys of having finished the mocks....need any help I'm here guys!:)
    Any chance you have Maths, English or Irish papers 2's or music, All higher and DEB please? Thanks a million !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sonia17

hey stinjy.... i would be grateful if you cud plssssssssss send me the whole chem paper... with these questions... really need ur help... thanx...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ButterflyXo

__efa__ wrote: »
    I posted Irish and English paper 1-higher level- DEB and Accounting-higher level - DEB spoilers. Have also done Biology - higher level - DEB, Maths - paper 1 - higher level - DEB and French - higher level - DEB if anyone has questions.

If anyone has Maths, English, Irish or Music, All higher, all DEB and all except music paper 2's, i would really appreciate it! Thanks!!

Hey i'd really appreciate if you could post the Biology - higher level - DEB paper ASAP please !!??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ButterflyXo

Also anyone have Geography HL DEB papers Please ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 falala

sorry again but if any1 has ne more h.e deb tips and music (anythingg!)
    please pm me :) thankyouus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 falala

i ave maths deb if u pm me ur email :)..HL

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Anyone post up or PM me the Economics mock please ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BrickenIt

any1 have chemistry HL DEB please. I have maths Hl deb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Yupp2010

Home ec deb and examcraft in detail....ANYONE? :{

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Cathal93

Hi! Ehm, I'm really having trouble working my way through these pages!
    Was wondering if anyone could help me on any of these subjects:

Maths HL
    Accounting HL
    Economics HL
    Geography HL

Thanks so much...sorry but I'm just lost with these sites...so confused! :S :(

Maybe if you could pm me with any details...I really need something! Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nemanja-Smith

gemxpink is famous!!!!!!!

anyone else read it in the daily mail???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nikkiolough

Does ANYONE know the what the Grammer section of German DEB was?? Please, anyone?? :( x

yes i had it today
    you got different words and had to pu them into the infinitive, imperfekt and the singular form. then you were given words from the second comp and you have four options for an alternative meaning and you have to chose the correct one.

epic fail on my part...:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Eternaldream

Thank you so much!! :) (also, you might want to edit your post and insert spoilers before a mod shoots you :p) x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement