Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2010 *Read first post before posting*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nikkiolough

Thank you so much!! :) (also, you might want to edit your post and insert spoilers before a mod shoots you :p) x

whoops! my bad! sorry mod dude! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nemanja-Smith

Mayoegian wrote: »
    Link?
    tried getting one but the irish daily mail doesnt have a website.
    its basically an article titled ''Making a Mockery of The Mocks'' (quite catchy i felt) on page 5 giving out about things like this thread, and i quote.. '' some students post spoilers from memory on popular forums such as boards.ie. One blogger, gemxpink, was able to give very specific advice on most of the mock papers taken'' and then it just gives a sample quote of the spoilers from the english and irish papers.

And theres a picture of Batt O'Keefe not lookin too happy, so gemxpink beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Saviola

Does anybody have maths paper 1 higher level from both companies? Or if they remember seeing it being posted as ive searched through and endless amount of pages and cant seem to find it! Any help would be much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 little help!

JohnBrian wrote: »
    Maths paper 2 DEB OL

Area of A rectangle
    '' '' ' Circle

Simpson Rule (very similar to 2007)
    Then the ares ^^

Volume of Sphere (4/3 pie R 3)
    '' '' Cilinder

CO Ordinate Geogetry
    4x+by=0 <--- Solve

-Slope
    -Equation of Line
    -Upside down change the sign if perpendicular

Similtanious equations

Area of triangle 1/2 Originally

x2+y2 = 29 = to (0,0) SqRute of 29
    The equation to use for that is SqRute (x2-x1)2 + (y2-y1)2

Triganometry

Q6 was nearly the exact same to this
    30 students in a class
    how many did this and how many did that (forget)
    you go 30,29,28,27,26,25,24,23,22
    then go 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,

Probability

Five letter word, Example
    ANGLE howm many time can the words be mixed round
    you go 5x4x3x2x1 = 120 <-- thats the answer

The last part of paper 2 that i know of is

Statistics
    Standard deviation ect,

PLEASE COULD U POST MATHS OL PAPER 1 DEB UP I HAV IT IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lithium.

Guys .. how about we you spoil anything so that hornylength boy has to spend all day doing it :D Loool

:cool: Respect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Lithium. wrote: »
    Guys .. how about we you spoil anything so that hornylength boy has to spend all day doing it :D Loool

:cool: Respect
    How about you go to bed, and be glad that I have a sense of humour? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Anybody got Economics Higher Level DEB ?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Kevvv wrote: »
    Anybody got Economics Higher Level DEB ?

Seconded, Economics please !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 xxtwisted_mindx

GUYS IV GOT MY MOCKS NEXT WEEK DOES ANYONE HAVE ALL DEB PAPERS...HL BUSINESS, OL PAPER 2 IRISH , OL BIOLOGY...
    ILL TRADE HL MUSIC, IRISH PAPER 1 OL, HL ART, LCVP AND HL ENGLISH PAPER 2...

PRIVATE MESSAGE ME...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Cathal93

Scoobydooo wrote: »
    Seconded, Economics please !

Thirded!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

GUYS IV GOT MY MOCKS NEXT WEEK DOES ANYONE HAVE ALL DEB PAPERS...HL BUSINESS, OL PAPER 2 IRISH , OL BIOLOGY...
    ILL TRADE HL MUSIC, IRISH PAPER 1 OL, HL ART, LCVP AND HL ENGLISH PAPER 2...

PRIVATE MESSAGE ME...
    Click on the search this thread button and type English HL DEB etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lithium.

How about you go to bed, and be glad that I have a sense of humour? :)

:D Seriously though how old are you :cool: Hornylength actually thinks i care :rolleyes: Oh well i suppose you'l just have to Perm-ban me .. :)
    Seriously though , You need a girlfriend , :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 gingerbread

anyone have biology and history HL spoilers?
    and irish OL?

all examcraft :D

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Hi! Anyone got Art History HL and/or LCVP, by any company..could really do with the help..please!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 gingerbread

Krazay wrote: »
    U get maths yet?

please put up biology examcraft? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Eternaldream

yes i had it today
    you got different words and had to pu them into the infinitive, imperfekt and the singular form. then you were given words from the second comp and you have four options for an alternative meaning and you have to chose the correct one.

epic fail on my part...:o

Hey, sorry to bother you again, but were there also any
    adjectival endings
    on the grammer section?

Thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lanruoj

iv only done the listening for my higher level irish so far and it was about
    the girl going over to newyork to visit her aunt and the last part was the clip about the rascism posters and there was a part about a girl who went for job training in england and shes home and they're talking about a funeral
    if ANYONE could tell me if this is DEB or Examcraft i would love ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 XAnneLX

Anyone have examcraft biology in gud detail :) I'll love youuuu forveverrr :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

__efa__ wrote: »
    Section 1 : Text 1 : Ladies at the Galway races
    A)i)What impression of the writer do you get from this text?
    ii)Does the writer's description of ladies day at the galway races appeal to you?
    iii)Select 4 feutures of the authors style of writing evident in the text and comment on their effectiveness.
    B)"...conspicuous effort to dress up"
    Write a report for your local radio describing the 'conspicuous effort' the ladies made to attract the attention of the judges.

Text 2: Competing Against Adversity
    A)i)According to the writer the film, Pursuit of Happyness, is a "gem of a movie". In your own words, outline the aspects of the film that impressed the author most.
    ii)To what extent would you agree with the writers assertion that Chris Gardner is a "beacon of hope"?
    iii)Would this review persuade you to watch this film? Refer to the writers style in your answer.
    B)"...be forever homeless..."
    Imagine you are a homeless person. Write a detailed diary entry describing how you feel as you cope with a typical day on the streets.

Text 3 : Competition
    A)i)Which one of the visual images, in your opinion, best captures the idea of competition?
    ii)What, in your opinion, is the most important point the writer makes in the written element of the text?
    iii)Taking the written and the visual elements of the text into account, what role does competition play in todays world?
    B)TWrite a letter to the judging panel of a photography competition in which you recommend one of the images in Text 3 for a specific award category of your choice.

Section 2 : Composing
    1."...the frock-wearers' enthusiasm"
    Write a personal essay on the things in life that arrouse your enthusiasm.
    2."Isn't she lovely!"
    Write a speech in which you attempt to persuade an audience that beauty contests are demeaning to women.
    3."...a modern-day Cinderella..."
    Write a modern-day fairytale which would appeal top chhildren today.
    4."...the triumph of the human spirit"
    Write a short story suggested by the above phrase.
    5."...parents screaming encouragement from the sidelines"
    Write an article for a magazine for young adult readers in which you give them advice how to deal with parental pressure.
    6."...we are always aware of the Joneses..."
    Write a persuasive article or essay in which you warn people of the dangers of being overly competitive.
    7.Write a short story in which one of the images in Text 3 plays a central part in the plot.
    Images:A hurling game, 2 lions fighting, 3 small girls putting on make-up, a boy doing his exams, 2 little boys playing chess and a girl in a wheelchair competing in the special olympics.

Do you have the paper 2 to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BrianOSuilleabh

Aiste:
    a)Muinin agus an pholaitiocht.
    b)Trialacha agus triobloidi an duine oig.
    c)Tabhacht an ghra i saol an duine.

Sceal:
    a)Tir gan teanga, tir gan anam.
    b)Macantacht.

Alt Nuachtain/Irise:
    a)Ta tu ag smaoineamh ar dhul isteach sna gardai siochana agus chuir tu agallamh ar gharda siochana faoi nd deacrachtai ata acu inniu.
    Scriobh alt, bunaithe ar an agallamh sin, d'iris na scoile.
    b)Chuir to agallamh ar fhear a chaith treimhse i bpriosun faoin todhchai ata roimhe.
    Scrioch alt, bunaithe ar an agallamh sin, don nuachtan aitiuil,

Diospoireacht/Oraid:
    a)Scriobh an chaint a dheanfa i ndiospoireacht scoile ar son an ruin seo a leanas no ina aghsidh.
    "Is e an t-airgead bun agus barr gach oilc"
    b)Iarradh ort labhsirt ag cruinniu i gclub oige ar an teama seo:"An saol ata i ndan duinn go leir sna blianta ata romhainn"
    Scriobh an oraid a thabherfa aga an gcruinniu.

Thanks a million for this! I had my tape already and it was about
    a girl who was goin to New York to her aunt, a poster about racism and a fire in an estate and a conversation about the enviornment
    Is this DEB or Examcraft?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

I posted Irish and English paper 1-higher level- DEB and Accounting-higher level - DEB spoilers. Have also done Biology - higher level - DEB, Maths - paper 1 - higher level - DEB and French - higher level - DEB if anyone has questions.

If anyone has Maths, English, Irish or Music, All higher, all DEB and all except music paper 2's, i would really appreciate it! Thanks!!

Ive maths irish english bio german chem and accounting all done. dono which company is which tho..... PM me if you want details
    :cool: oh ive physics too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

was there any particulary 'nice' history paper anyone got? thas the one we're getting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 supercoolguy91

What's on Irish Paper 1, examcraft? Could someone mail it over to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭grrrrrrrrrr

What's on Irish Paper 1, examcraft? Could someone mail it over to me?

which company has the tick and which has the barcode???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

:D Seriously though how old are you :cool: Hornylength actually thinks i care :rolleyes: Oh well i suppose you'l just have to Perm-ban me .. :)
    Well, if that's what you want ...
    Seriously though , You need a girlfriend , :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
    Indeed, because I am the one coming across as desperately in need of attention! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Eternaldream

which company has the tick and which has the barcode???

Examcraft - Barcode and Tick

DEB - Just the Barcode

:) x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 __efa__

Thanks a million for this! I had my tape already and it was about
    a girl who was goin to New York to her aunt, a poster about racism and a fire in an estate and a conversation about the enviornment
    Is this DEB or Examcraft?

Hey no problem, ya thats the same tape that I had, its DEB! smile.gif
    Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    Do you have the paper 2 to this?

No i don't have it until next week sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BrianOSuilleabh

Stinjy wrote: »
    Q1.hardnes of water (EDTA) name the indicator and colour change rincing pipette + transfering solns to conical flask another soln is added what is it? and why? some liquid splashed up the side of the conical flask how do you rectify this and why can you do it? calculation in moles /l and grams/l and ppm. if water was boiled would titer value be bigger smaller or same?

Q2: ethanoic acidwhat other substance should be placed in the flask why?
    two ffeatures of preparations necessary to maximise the yield
    colour change how do you isolate it two impurities show etahnol was the limiting reagent
    if ye want anymore tell me I dont know if its up already!:P

Thanks for that! Am what is the 3rd experiment? And doea water and electrochemistry come up on the paprs! If so wat are the questions
    Hey no problem, ya thats the same tape that I had, its DEB! smile.gif

Thanks a million you are a life saver! What are the essays?

Thanks a million you are a life saver! What are the essays?[/QUOTE]

Its no boder :)
    a is trust and poilitics, b is the trials and troubles of young people and c is the importance of love in love
    :)

• Advertisement

lanruoj wrote: »
    iv only done the listening for my higher level irish so far and it was about
    the girl going over to newyork to visit her aunt and the last part was the clip about the rascism posters and there was a part about a girl who went for job training in england and shes home and they're talking about a funeral
    if ANYONE could tell me if this is DEB or Examcraft i would love ye!

Its DEB! did it last week :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement