Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mocks 2010 *Read first post before posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Anybody have the exact HL essay titles and diospoireacht titles on the DEB paper?

One of the french writing pieces is about
    mobile phones - think it is examcraft

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Cian92 wrote: »
    Anybody have the exact HL essay titles and diospoireacht titles on the DEB paper?

One of the french writing pieces is about
    mobile phones - think it is examcraft

For what subject?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

French HL -Examcraft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ash245

gemxpink wrote: »
    Homec:DEB
    cumpulsory question is on milk! the table is about whole milk..skimmed milk and condensed milk. know about milk processing and two types of milk processing.
    theres a 20 marker in that about vitamin c so study that! biological functions...properties and sources. know about food labelling and how someones economic situation afects there food choice.

short questions.....how glyceride is formed. function of sodium and 4 sources. parts of fridge. 3 risks associated with obesity.

question 4 was about mortagage....the diff interest rates...buyin on credit....and 2 types of insurance.

question 5 was roles in the family!

Examcraft or DEB??

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MeganM

Does anyone have any information on HL French? (DEB).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Michael2k4

Does anybody have any information about the higher level examcraft chemistry for section A and B. Thanks

Anyone have Home-ec Higher Level Examcraft?? I have it and Irish Paper 1 tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

ash245 wrote: »
    Anyone have Home-ec Higher Level Examcraft?? I have it and Irish Paper 1 tomorrow :(
    I think that might be my paper because the one that gemxpink posted doesn't sound at all like the hints my teacher has been giving... We were told to revise Protein for compulsory q.1 and for the Social Studies elective know poverty, also know the production of flour and about cereals. Hope that helps :)

Michael2k4 wrote: »
    Does anybody have any information about the higher level examcraft chemistry for section A and B. Thanks

Experiments are:
    EDTA titration,Ethanoic acid prep and Effect of temp on rate of reaction

qn5 Electronegativity en trends nd radioactivity

qn6 Organic, Lpg's, and heat of formation

qn7 Equilibrium Kc value colour change of a solution when subjected to stress

qn8 Acid/base def,conjugate pairs,ph of a solution, prim sec and tert treatment of sewage

qn9 Organic IUPAC names

Qn10 First HCL titration

also a question on gas laws somewhere

Thats it as far as i know[

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

sxeboi wrote: »
    Yes thats examcraft....i also have done irish honours paper 1, and maths paper 1 honours - i think i posted them earlier.....unfortunately i dont do german or geog though...sorry

Are you sure you posted the HL Maths?

• Advertisement

yourmother wrote: »
    I think that might be my paper because the one that gemxpink posted doesn't sound at all like the hints my teacher has been giving... We were told to revise Protein for compulsory q.1 and for the Social Studies elective know poverty, also know the production of flour and about cereals. Hope that helps :)

Thanks soooo much :) ..I'm dying here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Michael2k4

Experiments are:
    EDTA titration,Ethanoic acid prep and Effect of temp on rate of reaction

qn5 Electronegativity en trends nd radioactivity

qn6 Organic, Lpg's, and heat of formation

qn7 Equilibrium Kc value colour change of a solution when subjected to stress

qn8 Acid/base def,conjugate pairs,ph of a solution, prim sec and tert treatment of sewage

qn9 Organic IUPAC names

Qn10 First HCL titration

also a question on gas laws somewhere

Thats it as far as i know[

Thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭justaday

anyone have history yet? im looking for the paper that has
    the sunningdale(sp?) agreement
    as document question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 wasssuuup

have my french listening tomoro
    anybody remember anythin that i should be aware of?... the answers to any of the questions etc...

wasssuuup wrote: »
    have my french listening tomoro
    anybody remember anythin that i should be aware of?... the answers to any of the questions etc...
    Don't know which exam paper company my one was but HL had a question on 'Marley and Me' the movie on it - like an interview with Jennifer Aniston. My listening was pretty nice so you're sorted if you get that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 makaa

anybody do deb HL history??just wondering if sunningdale is coming up on the N.ireland section?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 makaa

gemxpink wrote: »
    What I know so far:

English:
    Examcraft: Boland, Yeats (comes up on DEB & examcraft), Kavanagh, Lears journey (presume general suffering & uplifting?), Literary Genre and General Vision and Viewpoint

King lear on examcraft is filial ingratitude and evil vs good
    1. We remain sympathetic towards Lear
2. Good v Love

LITERARY GENRE:
    1. "Good story-telling enables the reader to engage with the plot of the text"
    2. "The art of creative story-telling can add greatly to our interest in narrative texts."

[c]King Lear:
(i) "While we may critise Lear for his actions, Shakespeare ensures our sympathy for him by reminding us of suffering."
(ii) "In King Lear, Shakespeare dramatically presents us with a world in which the powerful forces of evil are overcome by the redemptive forces of love.

POETRY
1. "T.S. Elliot presents memorable themes in a fresh and innovative way."
2. "In her poetry, Eavan Boland explores personal and public issues in an interesting way."
3. "W.B Yeats deals with an interesting variety of subjects and his poetry is full of powerful images and impressive descriptions."
4. "Michael Longley confronts difficult issues in his poetry. His imagery is striking and his language is direct and often shocking."

Text 3- Competition 
QUESTION A:
1) which images shows competition best?
2) Most important point
3) What role does competition play in todays world?
    QUESTION B:
A letter recommending a photo.
    ESSAY TITLES:
1) Personal essay on things that arouse your enthusiasm
2) Speech- Beauty contests demean women
3) Modern day fairytale
4) Short story "... the triumph of the human spirit."
5) Article- parental pressure
6) Persuasive- dangers of overly competitive
7) Short story about 1 image in TEXT 3

Theme= Competing
    Key Points from Questions only!!
Text 1- Ladie's Day at The Galway Races
QUESTION A:
1)Impression Of writer
2) Does description appeal to you?
3) Four features of authors style efective.
    QUESTION B:
"... a conspicuous effort to dress up."
Write a report for radio describing effort of ladies to attract judges attention.
    Text 2- Competing Against Adversity
QUESTION A:
1) According to writer, its a gem of a movie. What aspects did you like?
2) Do you agree with the writer's assertion?
3) Four features of style.
    QUESTION B:
"...be forever homeless"
Detailed diary entry of a homeless person

Irish:
    Q1P1 Q on crime and Q on young people, Poems: Jack, Gealt, Faoiseam, Níl Aon Ní, Úirchill an Chreagáin, An t-oilean, Prós: 20 Blian Ag Fás, Cearrbhach, an triail ques on fimíniocht and easpa chríostacht.

Maths:
    Vectors, Matrices (easy ones), Circle, (idk, might come up every year but thats what she said). NO PROOFS!

French: ???? They're tight lipped, if anyone has an idea please share!?

Accounting:
    Tabular statements, Suspense accounts, Manufacturing account (Q1), Marginal costing, cash flow statements.
    examcraft accounting honours- Q1- company. 100 mrks q's are suspense, cash flow (i think) and interpretation of accounts.... Q8&9 are marginal costing and budget.
    as far as i know its production budgeting. marginal costing question we were told is very similar to 2004 question but theres definately a break even point graph coming up on the marginal costing question. The budget question is FLEXIBLE.
If anybodis doing Q2,3 or 4, they are Cash flow, Debtors control and depreciation.

Business:
    Business plan, idk what else, Q on entrepreneur I think. Surviving economic downturn as one part ABQ's, communications, marketing, entepreneurs, business things, laws and qualities and all that kind of thing.

Home Ec:
    Vitamins, protein, bacteria, light, families - history.

LCVP/Link Modules:
    Using examcraft, we had it today. Q on entrepreneur; Q4 I think, Q on work experience, 2 Q's on voluntary organizations(one core project, one weird one aha), Q on employment(skills employers want, 2 organisations that help unemployed and what they do).
    all examcraft?? or deb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 nutellalover

i think thats DEB i had the same english paper and we use DEB so thats what im guessing anyways..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Don't know which exam paper company my one was but HL had a question on 'Marley and Me' the movie on it - like an interview with Jennifer Aniston. My listening was pretty nice so you're sorted if you get that
    Aye I had this too. Agreed, it was fairly simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 nutellalover

does anyone know whats coming up on the art history paper? i dont know where to begin with my revision...:confused: thanks for all the tips so far.

• Advertisement

Biology Higher Level Examcraft please??I have Examcraft Chemistry,English and Maths for anyone who wants them..all higher level :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 psychoduck

Biology Higher Level Examcraft please??I have Examcraft Chemistry,English and Maths for anyone who wants them..all higher level :)

yes, here, HL maths please :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

Examcraft or DEB??

DEB!!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

MeganM wrote: »
    Does anyone have any information on HL French? (DEB).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64277238&postcount=101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mcgeezer

Any luck with Accouting DEB HL?

Has anyone taken the French paper, the one that
    had Marley and Me, interview with Jennifer Aniston on the listening?

Any info much appreciated!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 frog.girl!

just noticed that no one has posted the mock home ec paper i had...think it was examcraft.do not have the exam paper.this is off the top of my head...
    SHORT QUESTIONS-
    enzymes that digest lipids.
    what is haccp and why is it beneficial to the retailer
    difference between annuity and endowment
    what is apr and what conditions under the credit act help the consumer
    how to increase fibre
    fridge

compulsory was on protein-evaluate different protein foods with regard to the current dietary guidelines.
    -biological functions
    -structure explain peptide link amino acids etc.deamination
    -5 guidelines for buying meat and meat products with regard to the current economic crisis

question 3-5 dietary guidelines for a coeliac sufferer
    -menu for a day for coeliac
    cant remember the rest

question 5-changing roles of the elderly in the family with regard to technological advancement and something else?
    -how social changes has affected the role of the elderly in the family
    -write a note on the domestic violence act.

social elective-its on work and childcare(evaluate 2 childcare facilities in your area)
    -changing patterns of work or something
    -conditions of work enabling people to participate.i cant actually remember about this one that well

Has anyone taken the French paper, the one that
    had Marley and Me, interview with Jennifer Aniston on the listening?

Any info much appreciated!:D
    no but i believe journal is -you just finished the leaving
    compulsory-your passion/2015
    others-alcohol,a picture of a security camera(what is the use)importance of pe/sport for sixth years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭babyt1

ash295 wat came up in homeec examcraft today! ne1 else no

• Advertisement

babyt1 wrote: »
    ash295 wat came up in homeec examcraft today! ne1 else no

see above

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement