Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport - Alcohol?

Options
  • 24-01-2010 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

What time do they start serving beer and stuff? Going for a flight soon and there's an air of "lets have a beer for breakfast" going on. Our flight is at 09:55.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

BK should be serving beer 24/7.
    mp3guy wrote: »
    What time do they start serving beer and stuff? Going for a flight soon and there's an air of "lets have a beer for breakfast" going on. Our flight is at 09:55.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You'll be able to get a pint at 7am in the bars airside.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sirgandi

ah beer for breaky. remember it well on a lads trip to latvia. 7am pints in the airport. be careful though, once you start its easy to loose track of your flight time! and if your flying ryanair you've a long walk to their gates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Moved from After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 offwego

sirgandi wrote: »
    and if your flying ryanair you've a long walk to their gates

This.

You should be fine from 6:30 or so at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

mp4guy wrote: »
    beer for breakfast
    you must by crazy!,

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mectavba

Anyone know what the story is with the bars at the airport on Good Friday? Im flying out on Good Friday afternoon and would love to have a few in the airport if possible...may even check in very,very early!

Someone I know reckoned the bar would be open once u checked in...anyone know for sure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

mectavba wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with the bars at the airport on Good Friday? Im flying out on Good Friday afternoon and would love to have a few in the airport if possible...may even check in very,very early!

Someone I know reckoned the bar would be open once u checked in...anyone know for sure?

I don't know for sure but I know you can get beer on the train on Good Friday so you can probably get it in the airport once you're actually travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

BK should be serving beer 24/7.

Do Burger King sell Alcohol? Heading there sunday early so would be good if they did:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

alex73 wrote: »
    you must by crazy!,
    Nothing like a Glasgow breakfast!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    Do Burger King sell Alcohol? Heading there sunday early so would be good if they did:)

BK is still closed AFAIK!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

"first flight to last flight" is the official opening times for the bars.

There's two Burger Kings, the one in T2 should be open regardless of what's happening with the T1 refurb. If you've time, walk down by the hospitality lounges following the signs for the 400 gates and you're in T2. They don't sell booze as far as I know. Just remember the walk back time needs to be added to the time to your gates, they recommend up to 30mins from the T2 food area to the end of the 100 gates from memory.

Bars open the same on Good Friday as the other 363 days of the year the airport is open - have had a full fry and a pint for breakfast even when I normally wouldn't bother just because of the apparent rule breaking before :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I don't know for sure but I know you can get beer on the train on Good Friday so you can probably get it in the airport once you're actually travelling.

I think they may have closed that loop hole. Or they are in the process of closing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

hfallada wrote: »
    I think they may have closed that loop hole. Or they are in the process of closing it.

No, still very much the case. On trains or in the station bar with an intercity ticket.

As it stands, it has been suggested by the Minister for Justice that the ban will be removed in its entirety, just not before this coming Good Friday, as its an archaic throwback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

hfallada wrote: »

I posted that five years ago.

Why did someone bump this thread to ask if Burger King serve beer?

Advertisement