Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone booked for g.p race this season?

• 24-01-2010 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any of you have booked to go this season. I was hopeing to go to germany but the best i can come up with is costing me 700euro:eek:, going with a friend so car/hotel is split. Havent been to a race since the schuey years but honestly dont rem paying this much back then. Anyone get any good deals. Im open to other races too but thought germany would be brilliant this year for schueys return.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Robur

I'll be at the Turkish GP this year. Anyway think about Monza. You can fly there with Ryanair to Bergamo, stay in one of Milano hostel. Then take a train from Milano Centrale to Biasiono or to Monza and then Biasiono. You don't need to have a car. The race ticket costs you less than €300 when you book earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭enzo7

Ive been to monza a few times so was looking at somewhere diffrent this year, but will price it up as a back up maybe:). I was hopeing to get to a couple of races this year but its looking like just the 1 im afraid:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Yep headin over to silverstone this year. Haven't been to a GP before so can't wait for it! Got the general admission ticket and will be camping at the track so the trip shouldn't be too expensive. Well until i add in beer money of course;)

My first g.p was silverstone 87, grew up going to silverstone. So was hopeing not to go there either but will put it on the short list also:).
    We use always do the camping too ,there is great craic around the campsite alright:).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

One major plus of living in Bahrain is I can easily get to the race. The track is very impressive to visit. There are signs up everywhere advertising Schumachers return.

As I am nearby I will going to Adu Dhabi in November too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 FerrariRed

I looked at Germany too, but found the ticket prices just too dear for my student's budget. So I'm off to Barcelona in May, is far more reasonable :)

Ya im thinking barcelona now too, What kinda tickets did you go for? It also has the added plus of no car hire. Also barcelona is a great city could actually be a really good wkend:).

I think ive germany ruled out dont think i could pay that much even to see the great man on home turf.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

One thing I am finding is grandstand prices are cheaper here, but the locals think they are expensive.

I have paid, 380 euro for the main grandstand in Monza and 460 euro for the main grandstand in Budapest. Here I have paid roughly 230 euro for the main grandstand. Got is as an early promotion deal :) (and good exchange rate at the time).

Barcelona is a great race and city to go to. Can work out cheap as well if you make up your own package.

Dats a great price alright, barca is looking like my best bet i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭shamrock321

As long as the last member of our group gets the time off we are heading to the Hungaroring, and if I can get the money together Abu Dhabi aswell but thats a big if at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 FerrariRed

Can't remember offhand the grandstand (not the main one though), but between the tickets for the grand prix, the flights (with Aer Lingus) and accommodation, whole weekend is working out at 450. Can't complain too much about that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

TheGoth here. Had to register again til my account gets reset........

Just booked Monaco last night on a budget.This is what I did. Go out Wed and back Friday with aerlingus to nice. Flights return €130.

Going to go to the practice sessions on Thursday and got super gold seats in P lower http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail/monaco_829/circuit_diagram.html for about €80

Accom was €160 (80 per person) Train tickets bout €10

So I get to see F1 cars in Monaco, two nights in Nice, incl flights and will be back to see qualifying and race on TV for €400 incl everything

I know its not the race, but I went to Monza last year, and actually enjoyed the Friday the most of all days as you have so much freedom to walk around the place. Call me crazy, but I preferred watching the race on TV. Hopfully, like Monza, you have access to every area on the Friday. Thats what I'm banking on.

FerrariRed wrote: »
    Can't remember offhand the grandstand (not the main one though), but between the tickets for the grand prix, the flights (with Aer Lingus) and accommodation, whole weekend is working out at 450. Can't complain too much about that :)

Ya thats a good price, thet more in my price range:D, going to look into budapest also and then decide i have to book something soon.

Goth good idea but i couldnt not go to the race, ill sky+ and watch it at home. I dont think you will get the freedom you get in monza because of the nature of the circuit but it would be great if you could:)

Sharmrock budapest could be a real option as it doesnt look too expensive and dont need car hire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

What's the craic with the access and egress at Silverstone GP these days? Is it still the same traffic nightmare, or is there a park and ride. If there is P&R, what's it like to use? If you can park there, is there still much hassle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

I'm planning on going to Monza this year for my first GP.

How is transport to and from the circuit?
    Also can any of you Monza veterans recommend any relatively cheap hotels in Monza / Milan. Would I be better off staying in Milan or closer to the circuit.

Any info greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭shamrock321

Stay in Milan, stayed in Monza last year there is no transport to the track from there, was lucky we were able to share a private taxi with some Swedish people we met.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

Incorrect. Went last year.

Trains run to Monza every hour on the Friday from central station Milan.

On Saturday its the same things with free bus transfers from Monza train station to the circuit

On Sunday, trains from central station Milan go every 30 mins with free bus transfer again.

Note, that you should leave plenty of time to get out there on the Friday. I ended up getting a taxi with some Swedish people as well !!

I stayed here http://www.andreolahotel.it/ . Its right beside the central train station in Milan

I went with club travel. They organised coach transfers to and from the hotel/airport

One piece of advise. If I didn;t have seats at either the first corner or ascari, it will be a snore fest. Had tickets at the parabolica and I nearly fell asleep. Walked around on Friday and the seats around the entry of ascari are great

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Robur

One piece of advise. If I didn;t have seats at either the first corner or ascari, it will be a snore fest. Had tickets at the parabolica and I nearly fell asleep. Walked around on Friday and the seats around the entry of ascari are great
    Mayby it helps, some videos from my trip in 2007:
    http://f1-drivers-autographs.com/monza/mpg/view_acari_two.mpg
    http://f1-drivers-autographs.com/monza/mpg/view_alta_velocita1.mpg
    http://f1-drivers-autographs.com/monza/mpg/view_alta_velocita2.mpg
    http://f1-drivers-autographs.com/monza/mpg/view_piscina.mpg
    http://f1-drivers-autographs.com/monza/mpg/view_right_lateral.mpg
    http://f1-drivers-autographs.com/monza/mpg/view_serraglio.mpg

ya stay in milan anywhere close th central station as mickeycarthy mentioned plenty of trains go up there.

Another option is if your flying rya*air you could stay in bergamo and get the train to monza from there too, ive done that in the past aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Monza will be the only one I get to this year,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Lads i was thinking of going to the Belgian grand prix. Fly into chareloi the thursday morning, stay at a hotel in Liege and the fly back early Monday morning. Does anybody have experience of the grand prix and what it's like? I'm also thinking of getting a general admission ticket.

Lads i was thinking of going to the Belgian grand prix. Fly into chareloi the thursday morning, stay at a hotel in Liege and the fly back early Monday morning. Does anybody have experience of the grand prix and what it's like? I'm also thinking of getting a general admission ticket.

Liege is a kip, i would advise against. Stay in brussels.

Spa is probably the best track in europe(Ive never been outside for a GP), you are sure to love it.

Try and get a seat in the raiddilon(sp), great view of eu ruoge....

How far is brussels from spa, Whats the traffic like to/from the circuit morn/eve???

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Jules.Winnfield

The european GP's are so expensive. I was in Australia last year and my 4 day pass to the GP was only $95 which at the time worked out at about €60. It was the greatest weekend ever aswell. (even tho I broke arm at a free gig by The Who afterwards). Got to meet Eddie Jordan and Mark Webber. It was completely kick ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭Stargazer7

Been to Spa and Monza before but find it hard to justify the price of another european GP...so I'm thinking of going to a test this year...not sure when though...more driver stalking opportunities and much cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

We did Monaco in 06 staying in Nice for a whole week in a decent hotel for about 600 bucks with basic weekend tickets. We booked almost a year in advance though. The great thing about Monaco is that anywhere you sit you are right next to the track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

enzo7 wrote: »
    How far is brussels from spa, Whats the traffic like to/from the circuit morn/eve???

It is about 150km and while I haven't done the journey a 2 hour drive can become 4 to 5 hours especially after the race. So consider this when booking flights.

The track is close to the German border so you also have the choices of Dusseldorf which has direct flights from Dublin or Cologne which I don't think has direct flights from Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

Hi guys.

I'm wondering wheres the best place to buy f1 tickets. Do you usually book the tickets from the official f1 website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

enzo7 wrote: »
    Another option is if your flying rya*air you could stay in bergamo and get the train to monza from there too, ive done that in the past aswell.

That's what i done last year. Flew over on the Friday morning,stayed in Bergamo town in a hotel about 5 minutes from the train station. Train from Bergamo to Monza took about 45 minutes then the free bus from Monza station to Monza park.

Bergamo is a lovely little town. Not great if you're after a hectic social scene but it's nice for the weekend.

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    That's what i done last year. Flew over on the Friday morning,stayed in Bergamo town in a hotel about 5 minutes from the train station. Train from Bergamo to Monza took about 45 minutes then the free bus from Monza station to Monza park.

Bergamo is a lovely little town. Not great if you're after a hectic social scene but it's nice for the weekend.

Some cracking resturaunts in bergamo alto,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I live in Frankfurt, so going to pop down to Hockenheim for the race! With Vettel and Schumi, it should be cracking!

Advertisement