Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage Build Cost

• 24-01-2010 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    Looking at build a Garage beside my house in Galway.
    Something like:
    7.5m x 10m Garage, 2x Roller Doors to Front, Window and door to the side, one window at back, walled internally approx 60/40, Slatter roof.

Anybody have a good guesstimate on cost? Any example of similiar build costs.

Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

I have my foundations in already for a 11 by 7 garage single story.
    So with that cost omitted I am coming in around 12.5K direct labour including windows and doors and 2 garage doors and guttering. This is with external plastering only and 2 windows and 1 pvc door and 2 roller doors at 400 euro each. Roof is slate.The garage has one chimney and the above costs are omitting electrics and any internal plumbing.

I have heard locally in Mayo of better prices but i think I am doing o.k. for a novice.
    Suggestion :Price both direct labour and contractor route. There is a few k to be saved if you want the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'll move this to the prices/costs sub forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mushy1

Homewardbound, - thanks for that, sounds like great price, have not started pricing around yet, there is planning in place already for a smaller 6mx6m shed, so have to check out what I need to do to get it changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Mushy1 wrote: »
    Homewardbound, - thanks for that, sounds like great price, have not started pricing around yet, there is planning in place already for a smaller 6mx6m shed, so have to check out what I need to do to get it changed.

You will need to make a planning application for the garage as it is different to the permitted one and is significantly larger and well over the size for a shed/garage that would fall into the class of exempted development.

Advertisement