Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which train station is closest to St. Stephens green and how do I get there?

Options
  • 24-01-2010 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Which is closest? How would I get there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

1. Pearse St?
    2. I mean this in every respect: Where are you coming from?

Today's post is sponsored by maps.google.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 LucasGaGa

Karoma wrote: »
    1. Pearse St?
    2. I mean this in every respect: Where are you coming from?
    Im coming from Stephens green. And I mean Heuston or Connolly?
    Does Pearse street have a train station!?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Yes, yes it does; One that connects to Connolly.

Karoma wrote: »
    Yes, yes it does; One that connects to Connolly.
    Yeah but how do I get to it?
    What's the name of the station at pearse street?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Pearse station.
    It's on Westland Row.

• Advertisement

LucasGaGa wrote: »
    Could I get the luas from Tallaght to Connolly or Heuston or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭thebiglad

It is called Pearse Street - DART service from Connolly - look at google maps for route from Pearse Street to St Stephens Green - it is walkable.

However the question has already been asked about where you are going from the mainline station as this will dictate whether you need Heuston or Connolly.

If you arrive in Heuston you can take the Luas to Jervis and from there cross the liffey up to St Stephens' Green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The 92 bus will take you from SSG to Hueston

thebiglad wrote: »
    It is called Pearse Street - DART service from Connolly - look at google maps for route from Pearse Street to St Stephens Green - it is walkable.

However the question has already been asked about where you are going from the mainline station as this will dictate whether you need Heuston or Connolly.

If you arrive in Heuston you can take the Luas to Jervis and from there cross the liffey up to St Stephens' Green.
    Well I will be going to Maynooth in Feb but I'll be going to Clonsilla every other weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Walk to Pearse St Station from SSG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

this thread made my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Must be one of the most confusing questions ever. OP lives in Dundrum, comes from Tallaght, is somehow in St. Stephens green, hasn't heard of the DART and wants to go to Maynooth and Consilla via Heuston or Connolly...

Are that more or less the facts?

Maybe taxi is your best choice of transport

scnr

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

LOL, I could understand if a tourist would ask this question but someone from Dundrum?

Check maps.google.com it even has the bus and train stations on it. This is sheer laziness in my eyes.

http://tinyurl.com/yf85wdn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you are going to Maynooth/Clonsilla you will need to get the Commuter train from Pearse Station/Tara St Station or Connolly Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Well I will be going to Maynooth in Feb but I'll be going to Clonsilla every other weekend

All trains to Maynooth go via Connolly.

Most trains to Clonsilla go via Connolly, the others are from Docklands.

You can get a train from Pearse to Connolly and if necessary change at Connolly.

bigar wrote: »
    LOL, I could understand if a tourist would ask this question but someone from Dundrum?

Check maps.google.com it even has the bus and train stations on it. This is sheer laziness in my eyes.

http://tinyurl.com/yf85wdn
    Im 14! and i don't really go to town!
    I'm asking a simple question.
    I live in Dundrum, I can get the 72 to tallaght and then get the luas to one of the stations if you can!
    I can get the luas at windy arbour to SSG

Victor wrote: »
    All trains to Maynooth go via Connolly.

Most trains to Clonsilla go via Connolly, the others are from Docklands.

You can get a train from Pearse to Connolly and if necessary change at Connolly.
    Can I not get a train straight from Connolly to clonsilla?
    Will I have to pay for 2 tickets from Pearse to Connolly and the Connolly to clonsilla? and the same coming back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You can by a ticket in pearse to clonsilla but you will have to change trains in Connolly station. You can just go from Connelly to Consilla but you asked which was the nearest station to st stepthen green.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    You can by a ticket in pearse to clonsilla but you will have to change trains in Connolly station. You can just go from Connelly to Consilla but you asked which was the nearest station to st stepthen green.
    Yes and it's Pearse.
    So I just have to pay like 2.10 thats fine that's all I wanted and needed to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Im 14! and i don't really go to town!
    I'm asking a simple question.
    I live in Dundrum, I can get the 72 to tallaght and then get the luas to one of the stations if you can!
    I can get the luas at windy arbour to SSG

Getting the 75 to Tallaght would be a huge waste of time. It'd add about an hour onto your journey. Get the Luas into Stephen's Green and go to Pearse Street from there.

Here's a map of how to walk there.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

op if you are only 14, i think you should bring an adult with you, there is a lot of changing buses and trains and you havent got a clue about the city

Advertisement