Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Force

Options
  • 24-01-2010 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

I got a faulty item online on amizon sold by a 3rd party seller. I explained to them the item was faulty so they emailed me a Parcel Force label and said to take it to my local post office.

Do An Post accept Parcel force or will I look like a complete fool taking it to An Post?

Maybe the seller doesn't understand the postal system

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's meaningless. Only the seller can make a claim, and they must make it with the originating postal carrier.

Was it actually damaged in the post, or just faulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

jor el wrote: »
    Only the seller can make a claim,

Only a seller can make a claim?? I don't understand.

The item was actually faulty and if its any relevance the item was delivered to my door. But the seller seems to want me to take it to the post office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Oh, as in return it? I thought they wanted you to claim on postal insurance. If the Parcel Force label is just their address, then you can use it. You will need to pay to return it. If it's marked as postage paid, or something like that, that won't work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I have now found out Parcel force don't do collections to Ireland but only deliver.

Advertisement