Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Options
  • 24-01-2010 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

It seemed to be down for a good few mins there. I weird code came up. What happened?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Alex_Jones

On a Sunday night???

DDOS attack in progress?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Alex_Jones wrote: »
    DDOS attack in progress?

have to say after the hack that was my first thought as well

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Me too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Anyone else having problems in the last hour?

I have been getting "Server Busy" on and off for an hour and then ten minutes where I couldn't access the site.

I got the following screen:

boardssnag.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

I got the same message, a bit strange ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yeah got that also and lots of server too busy messages. Maybe it is down because you have 8 boards.ie tabs open and you are hogging it all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

ÖðÊáÛü*-TÉóÈ Çµ<¶á,Þ’ËÒÐGU ˜¾«¨jûºæñ“γGnŸt’GkÈù0b Óh ÓDÅÚ_ÄÓ.–"ñžÞ€`!€î’þfv‰UEuëóQÃmíì½n7\yq¹oKa‡T²…‡iòÓê,Š-#î‹A]=¯62ºÖ&éuÁ¦á mÌCW·ötûˆ‡,€~çÚãW…6Á²_(0 6Jœ²%Œ¼ä¡¿HÌÙÛ_L²ÁógUÛ¿—kÑúDy"Ã\wºÙ½ÒŒ—3 xgŒû4z.i6ª/=^¦•´Àé÷'ÙXžœ/ƒîZ&üç ÂùÈUà@~a)^û;¯oâ©(kÛnÛ0þ†Qpj‚Ğᨣʉț»rì(Óìp‚K†¹UëÔ8]©c›P^ô…CÓÜŽX<ÌFPöêUeŒ‹. þGøO;eàð}Vwþç¿Å«¯ðûoαò±2*6£Y5),Ú I6«Ú€5Ì&¸Y˜îõ×[¦L‘Zî ¿ðÈm©ì[®4ø!'Zä#Û’‹¼2]®¥/øï*`H2ÛK yætÈÌQxß¹í'›eydžšöke_¼±`>°‰Æð(Mé”HÊAÃÞžÿ&êµä æ7'_ÔßÏ7ï{ð Ñ,1žÅ…Y§²Î”*§¿¸mú¾ váGöã8ÚkY®¼ex\ûx1uö>@Oë;Ì•‘IÌ„OV·~nkù!5éÂÞE\]¶“”gÜç‘œtÈ„8°ÈóóÞ³ÈA~‰ßƒùŠX%E>p“2½€|zŒÂ<…Q¬‘ŸÛ§Ð¿¼X›‹oÜh&Ž/ί/®Nm…¢þ/â»-Ð÷ÖÁîë×Mw¢Q¿}`Yð± >vÔÇ®úpñ•|›í€$Rìfn¸¼%œ$o|·Ûzá·ººû~»ûÂ߆ßøÝ…_¾tÍ?LYx¡céØ-Wicq´‹Ç¥®Ž¡=úpqaO²0²Õ?°©˜Æþû A½öþôô ‰Rf(2bè6íÝæëÝýf“à¼6ðº»û‚ÅÔìíîìoïVkJwL€á¨—ˆlTþ5‡Ô’ÚE,€]À¨64PðÕ+-[$†pIýÝœ½ rèèÛø‡ò¿Úôþ’¾›5þG

This was the sort of thing that came up!

Ludo wrote: »
    Yeah got that also and lots of server too busy messages. Maybe it is down because you have 8 boards.ie tabs open and you are hogging it all :D

That could be it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

yeah i got that message too, and then a page of code or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Me too, im scared!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Same thing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Haven't had that at all, but a number of people are experiencing it. Hopefully it's just a glitch.

It's being looked into.

ÖðÊáÛü*-TÉóÈ Çµ<¶á,Þ’ËÒÐGU ˜¾«¨jûºæñ“γGnŸt’GkÈù0b Óh ÓDÅÚ_ÄÓ.–"ñžÞ€`!€î’þfv‰UEuëóQÃmíì½n7\yq¹oKa‡T²…‡iòÓê,Š-#î‹A]=¯62ºÖ&éuÁ¦á mÌCW·ötûˆ‡,€~çÚãW…6Á²_(0 6Jœ²%Œ¼ä¡¿HÌÙÛ_L²ÁógUÛ¿—kÑúDy"Ã\wºÙ½ÒŒ—3 xgŒû4z.i6ª/=^¦•´Àé÷'ÙXžœ/ƒîZ&üç ÂùÈUà@~a)^û;¯oâ©(kÛnÛ0þ†Qpj‚Ğᨣʉț»rì(Óìp‚K†¹UëÔ8]©c›P^ô…CÓÜŽX<ÌFPöêUeŒ‹. þGøO;eàð}Vwþç¿Å«¯ðûoαò±2*6£Y5),Ú I6«Ú€5Ì&¸Y˜îõ×[¦L‘Zî ¿ðÈm©ì[®4ø!'Zä#Û’‹¼2]®¥/øï*`H2ÛK yætÈÌQxß¹í'›eydžšöke_¼±`>°‰Æð(Mé”HÊAÃÞžÿ&êµä æ7'_ÔßÏ7ï{ð Ñ,1žÅ…Y§²Î”*§¿¸mú¾ váGöã8ÚkY®¼ex\ûx1uö>@Oë;Ì•‘IÌ„OV·~nkù!5éÂÞE\]¶“”gÜç‘œtÈ„8°ÈóóÞ³ÈA~‰ßƒùŠX%E>p“2½€|zŒÂ<…Q¬‘ŸÛ§Ð¿¼X›‹oÜh&Ž/ί/®Nm…¢þ/â»-Ð÷ÖÁîë×Mw¢Q¿}`Yð± >vÔÇ®úpñ•|›í€$Rìfn¸¼%œ$o|·Ûzá·ººû~»ûÂ߆ßøÝ…_¾tÍ?LYx¡céØ-Wicq´‹Ç¥®Ž¡=úpqaO²0²Õ?°©˜Æþû A½öþôô ‰Rf(2bè6íÝæëÝýf“à¼6ðº»û‚ÅÔìíîìoïVkJwL€á¨—ˆlTþ5‡Ô’ÚE,€]À¨64PðÕ+-[$†pIýÝœ½ rèèÛø‡ò¿Úôþ’¾›5þG

This was the sort of thing that came up!

I got the gobble-dee-gook too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

It was down for me too...wish there was a nicorette patch for boards. It'd come in handy for stuff like this.

Problem Addressed Here now by Darragh..

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64147312

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055808429

Darragh says they are looking into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

It is being looked into here.:pac:

Think it's time for boards.ie to invest in some Cisco firewalls.

• Advertisement

Fixed seemingly:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=64147686&postcount=10
    "Sorry about that. Should be fixed now.

vBulletin has a feature where it will stop people doing stuff (with a server busy message) if the load on the webserver goes past a certain point. This feature didn't work in the past, but we never turned it off. Part of the process of getting the site back up and running on Friday involved upgrading vBulletin and that resuscitated the feature*.

Now, the garbled output you saw was almost certainly from stuff we wrote (like the front page) which doesn't expect the other parts of vBulletin to crap out. The output you saw was gzipped HTML or part of it at least.

* For the nerds: It changed 'if (PHP_OS == 'Linux') { ... }' to 'if (!$iswindows) { ... }'. We run FreeBSD so..."

Advertisement