Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

draught/vapour barrier for loft ladders

• 24-01-2010 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi,

I’m looking for suggestions on how to provide extra draught/vapour barriers in my loft ladder. I’m in the process of reducing warm air entering the attic space and causing condensation.

Cheers
    el

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

it should have a draft stopper on it. A seal that goes around the doors. Mines does.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭elchanco

sorry, total diy novice!

What does the seal look like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

on the frame there should be a rubber lip seal going the whole way around .

when you push up the door with the stick. The door should close on this rubber seal. stopping the draft.

It could be likely that the latch may need adjustment . So when the door latches closed, it will be tight against the seal. .

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭elchanco

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭dunlopwellies

Maybe the attic tent. Take a look at www.econstructionproducts.ie

Don’t know anything about it or have any experience with the product but it may be worth a look.

• Advertisement
Advertisement