Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless password?

• 24-01-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭

I'm at my aunts house and trying to hook up my laptop to her wireless. She has a zyxel wireless modem thingy and I can't find the password. Apparently it's on the underside of the box, I think I have tried every number on it but it won't connect. I remember hooking my my laptop to my friends wireless and it was no hassle, number under the box and away I went. It was a different modem...but why can't it be simple?! She's with Perlico, don't know if that helps!

Any help as to which number would be the password would be great!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭travispickle8

mars bar wrote: »
    I'm at my aunts house and trying to hook up my laptop to her wireless. She has a zyxel wireless modem thingy and I can't find the password. Apparently it's on the underside of the box, I think I have tried every number on it but it won't connect. I remember hooking my my laptop to my friends wireless and it was no hassle, number under the box and away I went. It was a different modem...but why can't it be simple?! She's with Perlico, don't know if that helps!

Any help as to which number would be the password would be great!

Thanks!

Sometimes the default password can be 1234 or password or try perlico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It needs 8 characters or more...

Well I found the wireless network settings on her computer and found the password, or what is supposed to be the password. Still isn't working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

plug in with an ethernet cable if you have one handy, then access the routers admin section and check/change the wireless password. i'm not familiar with the router but you'll find it under wireless settings or some such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭crazydaize

I think the default password for this brand of router is: broadband1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭crazydaize

the password above is for access to the wireless network settings (among other things) where you can go to change the network name and password

so plug in with the ethernet cable to the laptop and type in the address bar http://192.168.1.254/

and there's a good post here with other instrucions
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055368633

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Thanks!

I'll bookmark this page for the next time I'm there!

Advertisement