Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PACKARD BELL iMedia A2620 UK

• 24-01-2010 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Looking around to pick up a cheap,but decent little PC for my girlfriend. I came across this Packard Bell. I owned a packard bell bout 15 years ago, so just wondering what sort of rep they have now for decent PCs?

Also what do you think of the spec for the price on this PC?

AMD Athlon II X3 425, clocked at 2.7 GHz
    3GB DDR2
    NVIDIA GeForce 9200
    320 GB SATA, 7200 rpm HDD

€289

She will just it mainly just for surfing the web, but will also use photoshop just for resizing photos and correcting colours etc, no huge files or anything.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/4029791/art/packard-bell/imedia-a2620-uk.html

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Was looking at these in Currys last week, 450 euros!! 480 in Pc world..

that looks a bargain price tho they are really tiny, no room for ugrades

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Vladivar

Its hard to find info on them, but from looking around you can get a PCI card in there and think there may be room for more hard drives. For € 289 seems like a total bargain.

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?i=instr_ic_chassis_p4_optional35devices&ppn=PT.U2502.006

What Currys did you see them in?

Only thing that worries me about them is the fact they have a DTX board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Do you know if the take a standard size Power Supply (PSU)?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Vladivar wrote: »
    Its hard to find info on them, but from looking around you can get a PCI card in there and think there may be room for more hard drives. For € 289 seems like a total bargain.

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?i=instr_ic_chassis_p4_optional35devices&ppn=PT.U2502.006

What Currys did you see them in?

Only thing that worries me about them is the fact they have a DTX board.

That's the thing, there is no PCI connection only 2 PCIe and only 2 Sata connections for HD and Dvd burner...2 memory banks of DDR2 max 4gigs

not very good upgradeable wise but still plenty there for basic general use

edit to say no it was the iMedia X4520UK I saw which is an Intel quad core but same case

Currys in Blanch have them

Well you can always get a sata spliter cable if you add another drive. And 4GB is all you would really need on a PC like this for general use. Ye your right, all it has is 1x PCI Express 16X and 1x PCI Express 1X. Still at under 300 euro its a good buy.

It also has an eSATA connector which is handy.

• Advertisement

Do you know if the take a standard size Power Supply (PSU)?

-

I can't seem to find any info on the PSU. I can only guess that it does take a standard one as the case is 17.5cm in width and most standard PSUs are around 14-15cm in width. But I'm not 100% sure.

IMG_0005small1.jpg

From this image,it looks like a regular PSU, but still can't tell. No info on it anywhere!

Advertisement