Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student night Thurs/Fri

Options
  • 24-01-2010 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I have never been to Dublin before but I am having my 21st there this week. My birthday is on the thurs and we will also be going out on the fri. Can anyone recommend anywhere to go out on either night? A few people will not be students (not sure if they would be allowed in?) But I would prefer a young crowd. I prefer indie/electro but for the group chart and dance music would be ok. Please post suggestions, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Thursday: Mr. Jones (Twisted Pepper), Noize (Andrew's Lane)

Friday: War (Spy), NoDisko (Academy 2 I think).

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, War followed by Mr. Jones would be the better two of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Unless NoDisko has changed big time in the last few months, avoid it at all costs. Remember going in there a ew months back and there was literally 30 people there come 1am.:eek:

Unless NoDisko has changed big time in the last few months, avoid it at all costs. Remember going in there a ew months back and there was literally 30 people there come 1am.:eek:

Yeah it does have that problem alright...I'd head to War anytime. I don't usually go out on Fridays actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Yeah it does have that problem alright...I'd head to War anytime. I don't usually go out on Fridays actually.

Only been there once, but ain't a fan of War jammers, pretty expensive and it was bloody boiling.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bakesbrooklyn

Thanks for the help, Mr Jones looks good. What kind of music is played at war? And what kind of people? Also do you know of any other clubs that are a bit bigger and play more broad music, like dance and chart? I have to cater for my older sisters also!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help, Mr Jones looks good. What kind of music is played at war? And what kind of people? Also do you know of any other clubs that are a bit bigger and play more broad music, like dance and chart? I have to cater for my older sisters also!

War is like fun happy dancey music generally, it's quite an NCAD type crowd, kinda gay friendly, but don't let that put you off. Generally the other bigger clubs are ****e. Maybe check out something like The Globe on George's Street, that's pretty good. Again, happy music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Muzik in the Button Factory (Thursdays) is all indie/electro and you might get a bit of chart thrown in. It's one of the bigger clubs (not huge though) and has some decent drink promos. Crowd is mostly students.

Also Vitalic, Claude VonStroke and Mr Scruff are all playing on Friday if you wanna hit a dance gig. Claude VonStroke is only a tenner in the Button Factory too.

And Happy Birthday :)

Advertisement