Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blues band starting

Options
  • 24-01-2010 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I was wondering if there are any young artists out there interested in starting a blues band. Pretty much every blues band in Dublin is ancient, and I'd like to start one with musicians in from late teens to mid twenties.

At the very least I'm looking for a bassist, drummer and singer. Though being a blues band it could easily be extended to include brass, piano etc.

(I play guitar by the way)

If anyone interested, feel free to PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keyboardcook

Pretty much every blues band in Dublin is ancient,

Pretty much every decent blues player has a seaoned ear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Slow_Hand

I'm not arguing with the quality of the players, just the fact that there are no young blues bands.

The genre is in danger of dying out in Dublin. Even the older groups are few and far between.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭glyder123

Do ya need a second guitarist??? pm me if interested....

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭keyboardcook

There is a very good blues Jam on Wednesday nights in The Kusanta in tallaght. Perhaps you might hook up with others there.

Oh- point taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 CormacBass

What age are you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Slow_Hand

Glyder123 - Second guitarist could be interesting. I'll be in touch shortly.

keyboardcook - Thanks.

CormacBass - I'm 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭glyder123

cheers man, jus pm me when ya get a chance, I'm 21 by the way.....

Advertisement