Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving eircom the boot!

• 24-01-2010 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I like alot of people, am getting sick of eircom and their complete lack of action to fix the problems that they are choosing to ignore. Since october of last year my internet has slowed to a crawl during peek times and now its gone to the stage were it starts from 15:00 or earlier and doesn't go till after 01:00. Im on the 7mb package (wishful thinking at its best) and the Carrigaline exchange, speeds dropping to 0.31Mbps and wild pings, youtube won't buffer and you can forget about online games.

What i would like to know is if i change to a different ISP will the line contention follow me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 shamonemofo

more than likely mate... unless you are connected to an exchange where as another provider has their own equipment or fibre there... Until Eircom invest in their infrastructure or another company goes in there, your more than likely stuck with what you got..

Advertisement